jcm6084

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Has anyone seen any real world range tests of the SR RWD? The ford website states a WLTP of 273 miles. Off the top of my head in the cold and wet UK I'd imagine we're looking at more like 200-220 miles on a charge?
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Has anyone seen any real world range tests of the SR RWD? The ford website states a WLTP of 273 miles. Off the top of my head in the cold and wet UK I'd imagine we're looking at more like 200-220 miles on a charge?
I am not aware of any real world results. Thinking it may be too early. I don't pay much attention to them anyway as there are too many variables. My choice of car was primarily based on level of comfort, tech and affordability. I went for a RWD ER. Suited my requirements and just happened to have the best range.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Okay to throw another spanner in the works, as mentioned before mine was built on 10th Dec and still not shipped. My business partner ordered a rapid red SR RWD this morning! Dealer confirmed order and VIN just now, and Vista shows it was built 18th Dec, so a week after mine and Grahame's, but it has already shipped. The tracker on the forum confirms.. the ETA on tracker is Feb, but Vista shows ETA 1sr May

Screenshot_20210128-105929.png

Screenshot_20210128-110719.png

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So it appears cancelled orders are still shipping, unless whoever placed the original order cancelled it after it shipped! a rapid red SR RWD was showing 23 weeks last night, but 14 weeks this morning and my business partner grabbed it.

As Grahame said, they must be planning to hold cancelled orders in the UK for new orders which is promising. But it's really seems the later you order the earlier you are getting the car as older orders get cancelled and can be snapped up by new buyers.

What's not great is that cars built on 18th Dec are shipping but cars built on 9th and 10th Dec are still in Mexico.

Hopefully ours will be on the next ship!

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
What's not great is that cars built on 18th Dec are shipping but cars built on 9th and 10th Dec are still in Mexico.

Hopefully ours will be on the next ship!
Maybe that batch has just been transferred to the port and is in a holding area ready for the ship. The rest will catch-up in the next few days. (he says fingers crossed!)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Okay to throw another spanner in the works, as mentioned before mine was built on 10th Dec and still not shipped. My business partner ordered a rapid red SR RWD this morning! Dealer confirmed order and VIN just now, and Vista shows it was built 18th Dec, so a week after mine and Grahame's, but it has already shipped. The tracker on the forum confirms.. the ETA on tracker is Feb, but Vista shows ETA 1sr May

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20210128-110719
Sorry guys. i know I said I wouldn't do this but I have a new theory. @Coolcatshaft, can you ask if this car is showing as gate released on vista. If it is then I think that the eta end date is the date it needs to be at the docks. The transit date is the number of days the plant have got to send it to the docks. Once at the docks it will be booked on to a ship. As I said earlier today the next one out (scheduled) is 18 Feb. It might be that this car didn't fall within the scope of the 'extra QC checks' so has been released. Hopefully if earlier one's were affected they have been checked and if they are ok I would imagine we could see a few more updates soon. Once again, this is not based on any hard facts. It is just my theory. If I were you I would take it with a pinch of salt. It just keeps me sane

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
On most the the videos from the US site the result is around 300miles for a ER battery at 100% and using the US official tested range they list around that. I ignore the UK used WLTP.

I can't remember what the SR battery range is listed for on the US system but you can find it easily.

I initially ordered one and when I realised it wouldn't be enough for me and would potentially be a shopping car I re-ordered as a ER.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When you say it "has already shipped" which field or fields have you determined that by? shipping date?

What are in the status and primary status fields? they don't show on your screen shots.

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine was built in that batch and appears to have started the shipping process, so I think soon they will all be on the route out of the factory.

Last edited:

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry guys. i know I said I wouldn't do this but I have a new theory. @Coolcatshaft, can you ask if this car is showing as gate released on vista.
Hi Grahame, this is the screenshot from the dealer which is assume is from Vista.

Screenshot_20210128-115139.png

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Not confirmed. I am working on the assumption that the cars will go from Veracruz to Antwerp. There they will either stay on a ship that is going to Southampton or get transshipped to the next available. However, I did hear that any excess cars were going to be held at Dagenham so the nearest port to there is Tilbury which is also served from Antwerp so that could be an option too. Ford also have a vehicle holding centre just up the coast in Flushing. Their Germany made cars get trained to there and then shipped to Tilbury. Can't see that that would be the route for our cars though but it is an option. It would make sense to me to have bought cars sent to Southampton where they can ship them out quickly for delivery but have cancelled unsold cars shipped to Dagenham where they wouldn't have to pay dockside storage charges. Just my humble opinion, not gospel
Thank you

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi Grahame, this is the screenshot from the dealer which is assume is from Vista.

Screenshot_20210128-115139.png
Thanks for that. Gate release date is 25 Jan. That add a bit of credence to my theory. That's good to know. Vehicle status shipped usually means it's left the factory compound. Probably it is now sat in the port. Hopefully Veracruz. I will be keeping a close eye on mine.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When you say it "has already shipped" which field or fields have you determined that by? shipping date?

What are in the status and primary status fields? they don't show on your screen shots.

my fields show as:-

ETA end date - 31/01

prod date 09/12/2020

ship date 22/01

transit date 03

status is blank

primary status - in transit
Primary status - In Transit
status - #blank
Transit date - 03

That's my business partners car, mine still says

Primary status - in production even though it was built a week before his

Last edited:

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
My dealer is still awaiting an order number from Ford, it was ordered over 3 weeks ago.
Sponsored