Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I've got a question that's not about delivery dates of the Mach-E!

It's probably been asked and answered before but there are 142 pages on this thread at the moment so....!

I know that we can turn on 1-Pedal Braking via the touchscreen - something that regenerates charge to the battery as you lift of the accelerator pedal.

But what does the L setting on the Drive dial in the centre console do? It seems that there is an element of regenerative braking when in this setting too.

What's the difference between these two regenerative braking settings?

Thanks
Hiya - and YAY!

I don't actually think anyone has asked that question before in this thread - so don't feel guilty :)

The "L" mode is designed to give a harder level of regenerative breaking than normal when not in one pedal driving mode. Imagine the scenario where you were driving down a prolonged incline, but didn't want to have to be heavy on the brakes, pressing L would increase the amount of resistance so that you could potentially freewheel down a hill without gaining too much speed.

The manual states that "L" mode is for:

"You can activate this position at any vehicle speed which provides an increased level of deceleration when you lift off the accelerator pedal. You can use low (L) at all times, if desired, but improving drivability while descending grades is the intent. Entering low (L) does not take any actions if one pedal drive is active"

Hope that answers your question.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I wonder what happens if you're in N and press down on accelerator? Does the engine rev like my petrol manual gear box?

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
PERFECT - thanks guys!
In this video they test the 'L' mode (around 18 minutes in), so you can see it in action (only on a flat road though).

As mentioned above, the regen level delivered is the same as you get in the 1-pedal drive mode, so it's definitely one for the folks that decide not to use 1-pedal drive normally, but want to quickly had regen, eg coming down a hill.

I'll be using 1-pedal drive so probably won't have much need for it!

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are other threads in the main forum re L etc , there might be more info in there.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ved-mach-e-delay-due-to-single-supplier.2920/

There are some interesting comments there on that article.

" We've had to go back to those customers to adjust the timing based on how things are going. "
- has this really happened for the UK customers. A lot of people here appear to have had to keep doing their own detective work to get facts. And most facts that can be found are basic stuff like dates. The UK concierge system I believe is not a success because they are also frozen out of information we needed to establish or not authorised to explain the delays.

" Last week, the automaker said shipments of "several hundred" Mustang Mach-E crossovers could be delayed as long as eight weeks for additional quality checks. "
- clearly this hasn't happened or why are the UK december builds sat there not being shipped? with UK customers having no clue as to what's the delay or the timescale.

" Ford likely will continue the online ordering system for future vehicles because of the greater transparency for customers. "
- I disagree, I think I have only got information by asking the dealer for the VIN and then looking up the detail from an outside of Ford's online ordering system.

Last edited:

jcm6084

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Hey guys! In a similar vein to the previous question, I've just joined the forum and there's A LOT of previous posts, so i hope it's OK to just ask a question.
I've just ordered the MME RWD SR through my company car lease company. Looking at all the demo videos of left hand drive vehicles, the charging port is also on the left. Does anyone know if the right hand drive model will keep the charging port on the left, or swap it over to the right?
I'm looking to get a charger installed in the coming months and where I place it will depend on which side of the car the port is on.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hey guys! In a similar vein to the previous question, I've just joined the forum and there's A LOT of previous posts, so i hope it's OK to just ask a question.
I've just ordered the MME RWD SR through my company car lease company. Looking at all the demo videos of left hand drive vehicles, the charging port is also on the left. Does anyone know if the right hand drive model will keep the charging port on the left, or swap it over to the right?
I'm looking to get a charger installed in the coming months and where I place it will depend on which side of the car the port is on.
Charge port will be on same side as it is now

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
It better be the right one because that's what I was told and based the power point in my garage on
It was on the passenger side of the RHD car I saw in December if that gives any reassurance.

...also Grahame - your forum holiday was the shortest on record ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It was on the passenger side of the RHD car I saw in December if that gives any reassurance.

...also Grahame - your forum holiday was the shortest on record ?
I just can't stay away. I switch off notifications but still get emails when someone posts, log out but still get emails when ............ so I might as well stay on here. Just emailed Emma Bergg again. Let's see if this one has any effect. The last 2 posts that I have replied to have been quite sensible questions for a change.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you send me Emma's email address I will also email and ask her. More people asking might make a difference.