grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Now that delivery has been put back 8 weeks you all will, I'm sure, be pleased to here that I am going to stop speculating, stop pressing for answers and stop haranguing Ford for sensible updates. The news today has almost broken me so I think it is time to take a break, concentrate on my business, rethink the future and take stock of my life. I'm not saying that I am going to jump ship but I need to reevaluate. I will still keep an eye on here but I don't think I will contribute as much. Best wishes to you all.
Sponsored

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Now that delivery has been put back 8 weeks you all will, I'm sure, be pleased to here that I am going to stop speculating, stop pressing for answers and stop haranguing Ford for sensible updates. The news today has almost broken me so I think it is time to take a break, concentrate on my business, rethink the future and take stock of my life. I'm not saying that I am going to jump ship but I need to reevaluate. I will still keep an eye on here but I don't think I will contribute as much. Best wishes to you all.
Wish you well, stop reading this forum will be a good thing for a while

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
A glass of red wine is waiting for you when you're back. A virtual sardine submarine.

From Portugal via waitrose 12.5%

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Madness continues - just cancelled my preordered sept 2020 black ext range, which was showing order processing on ford site and vin tracker on this site. Ordered tonight red extended range which shows 14-16wk delivery and in production. Awaiting the dealer to give me the vin so I can see if it has been built. Fingers crossed
There will be a VIN and it has probably been built.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Looks like 8th May is the earliest date given to any of us with prebuilt cars. It's going to be a busy week!

If it's any consolation, some of the US dates which were originally pushed back have now shifted slightly earlier so we may get a pleasant surprise. Let's see.

Here's how mine looks on the dealers screen

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20210126-203216~3

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Madness continues - just cancelled my preordered sept 2020 black ext range, which was showing order processing on ford site and vin tracker on this site. Ordered tonight red extended range which shows 14-16wk delivery and in production. Awaiting the dealer to give me the vin so I can see if it has been built. Fingers crossed
If you really wanted the Black version then right now a black RWD ER is showing with 14 weeks availability. No doubt more cancellations coming through!

This isn't good, each cancellation is probably a customer who has been through a lot of stress and hassle with almost zero communication or empathy from ford. It is shameful.

This is a very poor reflection on Ford. They should have kept people on board by offering something to those early preorder people suffering the latest delay which some of us called a recall. and something tangible not a set of flipping earpieces that were surplus stock.

Every request for a cancellation from those customers should have been responded to with a phone call seeing if there's anything that can be done for them to keep them happy.

It's basic stuff.

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
There does seem to be a distinct lack of customer retention activity from Ford in regard to all these cancelled orders. It’s much easier (and cheaper) to keep an existing customer happy than it is to attract a new one.

So strange how they are getting it so wrong when it just comes down to something as basic as customer communication.

I’d love to be able to have a coffee and a chat with their customer services management team one day and understand what exactly went so wrong here. You can’t blame it all on the pandemic.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Sure that cars will get snapped up that are available in the dealers forcourts. Even if lots are cancelled they will get sold.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Sure that cars will get snapped up that are available in the dealers forcourts. Even if lots are cancelled they will get sold.
That’s no excuse for the lack of communication and accountability . ‘Oh well, someone will buy them so sod the people who pre-ordered’!

If people on this forum are cancelling then it shows it’s a major problem as you would expect people on here to be a bit more forgiving than the regular customers.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure what your point is other than giving the probable view of the arrogance of Ford management.

Bill Schaeffer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've put a deposit down for a Mach-E
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
I've got a question that's not about delivery dates of the Mach-E!

It's probably been asked and answered before but there are 142 pages on this thread at the moment so....!

I know that we can turn on 1-Pedal Braking via the touchscreen - something that regenerates charge to the battery as you lift of the accelerator pedal.

But what does the L setting on the Drive dial in the centre console do? It seems that there is an element of regenerative braking when in this setting too.

What's the difference between these two regenerative braking settings?

Thanks

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I've got a question that's not about delivery dates of the Mach-E!

It's probably been asked and answered before but there are 142 pages on this thread at the moment so....!

I know that we can turn on 1-Pedal Braking via the touchscreen - something that regenerates charge to the battery as you lift of the accelerator pedal.

But what does the L setting on the Drive dial in the centre console do? It seems that there is an element of regenerative braking when in this setting too.

What's the difference between these two regenerative braking settings?

Thanks
1 pedal drive is more aggressive regeneration. The more you lift off the accelerator pedal the stronger the regeneration which if you lift off completely will bring you to a complete stop. The L button is for less aggressive regeneration. In practice it will be like engine braking in an ICE. With 1 pedal OFF and L off when you lift off the accelerator you will just coast, no regeneration
Sponsored