First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I stand corrected.
I’m probably on an artificially euphoric high as I actually got the email this time. They finally seem to have sorted my issue after 9 months :)

I posted it on here when I got it yesterday afternoon on the General thread - and it kinda dropped into a black hole of other posts.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I’m probably on an artificially euphoric high as I actually got the email this time. They finally seem to have sorted my issue after 9 months :)

I posted it on here when I got it yesterday afternoon on the General thread - and it kinda dropped into a black hole of other posts.
At last, although you haven't missed much. However at least you should now get the most important one when it is sent ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
At last, although you haven't missed much. However at least you should now get the most important one when it is sent ?
Since the Norwegian orders opened I’ve been checking the UK website at least twice a day. When the order book does finally open I’m probably gonna pee myself! LOL

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
I stand corrected.
As do I! And I agree, it’s good to hear something from them. But I’m very annoyed that the Ionity preferential rate is only 1 year and not for the length of vehicle ownership... not least considering they are up against the Model Y which has supercharging for life at £0.24p in the U.K.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
As do I! And I agree, it’s good to hear something from them. But I’m very annoyed that the Ionity preferential rate is only 1 year and not for the length of vehicle ownership... not least considering they are up against the Model Y which has supercharging for life at £0.24p in the U.K.
I went on holiday to Scotland a few weeks back and used it as a hypothetical how would I complete this journey if I had my Mach-E.

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of rapid charge infrastructure which was working and available on the route, but less impressed by the prices they were charging.

This is how I’ve come to know the rapid charge rates for most of the UK networks - if you want a real eye watering rate - Ionity at Gretna Green Services on the A74(M) were charging an eye watering 69p/kWh

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Outrageous price!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Outrageous price!
I know! That would in theory cost you £62 to fill up from 0% - 100% (based on 89kW of usable battery on a 99kW ER model)

Maybe they only want people to do a quick 10min top up and have priced it accordingly

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
I know! That would in theory cost you £62 to fill up from 0% - 100% (based on 89kW of usable battery on a 99kW ER model)

Maybe they only want people to do a quick 10min top up and have priced it accordingly
Yeah, that could well be it... encouraged to use it for topping up, then relying on destination charging to do the rest. Either way, it’s not doing the EV uptake cause any good, in my opinion.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I think you will find that the 69p/kwh is the standard Ionity rate. After 1 year we might get a better preferred rate with a subscription. At the moment I am looking at my usual road trips and seeing which polar chargers are nearby. Polar plus is only 15p with a 7.85 pmth subscription. 2 Road trips a month and it works out cheaper. And it'll keep the Mrs happy as we get to go away more often.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I think you will find that the 69p/kwh is the standard Ionity rate. After 1 year we might get a better preferred rate with a subscription. At the moment I am looking at my usual road trips and seeing which polar chargers are nearby. Polar plus is only 15p with a 7.85 pmth subscription. 2 Road trips a month and it works out cheaper. And it'll keep the Mrs happy as we get to go away more often.
I must admit I’ve had a Polar Plus subscription for the last 2 years and have been very happy with it. 7KW chargers are free in most places, and Rapid Chargers are as you say only 15p/kWh (I have two local to me) - I’m sticking with that ??

We have a PodPoint Rapid charger at the local Lidl which was on free vend for about a year - they’ve now started charging for that unfortunately as it was very very popular with the EV taxi drivers ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Following on from the news out of the US yesterday about the reduction in price of the MME I have just checked our website and there is NO change at the moment?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Given that there seems to be "events" happening on mainland Europe at the moment I asked the question whether there was another event planned for the UK at all. This was the reply.

Unfortunately, there are no plans at the moment for a drive/ride event. As we had our Mustang Mach-E launch before pre-production vehicles were available to be driven we did kind of miss out.

Bit of a shame??

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Given that there seems to be "events" happening on mainland Europe at the moment I asked the question whether there was another event planned for the UK at all. This was the reply.

Unfortunately, there are no plans at the moment for a drive/ride event. As we had our Mustang Mach-E launch before pre-production vehicles were available to be driven we did kind of miss out.

Bit of a shame??
Yeah, I don’t know what’s worse. Not getting enough information or seeing Europe getting hands on, however briefly, with an actual car.
On the plus side we get to see great photos and more details but on the other hand i feel a bit like I’m on the outside looking in with my nose pressed up against the sweetie shop window!?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

That could be enough to stop me from road tripping my Mach E to the UK. ;)
Sponsored