UK Customers

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
My order has now moved to Awaiting Shipment. And so the wait continues...

Guess, I better sort a charger out. Ohme, Zappi or PodPoint? Tethered or untethered? Decisions, decisions...

I asked my dealer about the Ford Wallbox. Strangely enough, they needed to find out some information and would come back to me. That was a couple of weeks ago. Ford really don't like their dealers!
I've gone for the EO mini pro 2 for Ā£545 through Octopus energy, I prefer the look of the untethered chargers.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I am going to put another spanner in the works. As I haven't been told any different I am still assuming that my car did not get loaded onto the Grande Houston. I am however still hoping for the best (forever the optimist) and so I am still monitoring her progress, or lack of it, as it happens. She is at this moment at anchorage off Altamira and has been there for a day and half. Given that she was supposed to have sailed 23rd I would say she is going to be a few days behind schedule. As long as this doesn't continue she should still get to Antwerp before 22/3. As long as there are UK cars onboard of course. If there isn't then this is all academic.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
OK. Optimistic Grahame here with an addition to my last post. Another theory has brewed.
The reason that the Grande Houston is at anchor and not alongside in Altamira is because it has been realised that there has been some UK cars "left" in Veracruz. These cars are being transported to Altamira and the Grande Houston will go alongside when these cars arrive. Now someone will come along and burst my bubble and say 'why not wait for the next ship?'. I've thought of that. Ford have, or will, ask Grimaldi to divert the Grande Houston to Southampton before she gets to Antwerp to offload UK cars. Until I hear different that is what I am believing.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
after all this the next batch of cars would be by the Grande Halifax arriving in Southampton on 18/04 and departing from Veracruz on 21/03 ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
OK. Optimistic Grahame here with an addition to my last post. Another theory has brewed.
The reason that the Grande Houston is at anchor and not alongside in Altamira is because it has been realised that there has been some UK cars "left" in Veracruz. These cars are being transported to Altamira and the Grande Houston will go alongside when these cars arrive. Now someone will come along and burst my bubble and say 'why not wait for the next ship?'. I've thought of that. Ford have, or will, ask Grimaldi to divert the Grande Houston to Southampton before she gets to Antwerp to offload UK cars. Until I hear different that is what I am believing.
My brain hurts ??o_O?

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Grahame, always appreciate your thoughts and optimism!

stesir

First Name
Steinar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Mach-E4X, W Mondeo ST AWD
Occupation
Senior Enginer Telecom/development
Country flag
1000 k test and measurements +

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
after all this the next batch of cars would be by the Grande Halifax arriving in Southampton on 18/04 and departing from Veracruz on 21/03 ?
Looks like it. The Grande Halifax would drop the cars at Antwerp and then another ship Grande SC? would bring them to Southampton on 18/04ā€¦ that would actually match the dealer ETAs most of us have been given if early May.

But Id like to hope Grahames theory means we get them quicker!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I think there will be considerable anger if the pre-orders are on that ship especially from those that pre-ordered over a year ago.

markpilky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mache on order
Country flag
this is hurting my brain now. Car is showing as in transit on 23/02. Maybe it made the Grande Houston, maybe it didnā€™t. Not sure how much more of this I can take! Be glad when itā€™s finally sat on my drive...

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
this is hurting my brain now. Car is showing as in transit on 23/02. Maybe it made the Grande Houston, maybe it didnā€™t. Not sure how much more of this I can take! Be glad when itā€™s finally sat on my drive...
It goes to "In Transit" a few days before it's loaded to a vessel so you're Mach-E might be on the vessel leaving Veracruz in a few days

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
The ā€œShip Dateā€ on the forum tracker translates to the Vista status of ā€œGate releasedā€ which just means the car is finished and ready to leave the factory.

It doesnā€™t signify that itā€™s actually left, just that itā€™s ready to leave.

You need vista level information to tell you when itā€™s made it to the docks (Status of ā€œCompound Inā€ with an address in Veracruz)
Sponsored