Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Variation on guess the sweets in the Jar.

How many pages of posts on this forum by the time the first one of us gets a car in the uk

I will go for a round 400

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Oh god we didn't celebrate post #4000

The forum gods will be angry !

Congratulations to @jongodfrey who had post 4000 - you win another 6 week supply of despair and disinformation :)

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I just had a phone call from my dealer after chasing email and he said its good and bad news. Good car is on a ship due in Antwerp 22nd March. Bad news QC checks will take place in Antwerp and it will be 5 to 10 weeks from that date before arriving at dealers. So confirms what has been said on here previously. I said is it QC on the batteries and he did not know as Ford are not telling what the QC are for.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Actually that could be it. 20' seems to ring a bell which is 6.1M
I have finally managed to find the tech specs on the supplied Type 2 cable...

Battery Charging Cable for public charging stations
Part #: 2 493 183
Type 2 connector (IEC 62196), length: 6 m, 16 A, 1-phase.

...which by all accounts is quite a generous length. The girth however ......

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I just had a phone call from my dealer after chasing email and he said its good and bad news. Good car is on a ship due in Antwerp 22nd March. Bad news QC checks will take place in Antwerp and it will be 5 to 10 weeks from that date before arriving at dealers. So confirms what has been said on here previously. I said is it QC on the batteries and he did not know as Ford are not telling what the QC are for.
so it finally is admitted re the batteries!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just got this reply from Rebecca

Good evening Grahame

Thanks for letting me know. I will speak to the online team and tell them that some dealers arenā€™t passing on the information. All dealers with vehicles on the ships should be aware and able to inform customers.

We specifically set up this system so that customers could start to get information from their dealers and not rely on me. We really want customers to start that relationship.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I don't know the difference between those so dunno!
The Varicharger is a portable charge unit supplied with the car that can adapt to different inputs, and can charge a variable rates (hence the name). You can plug it in to a regular UK 13amp 3 pin plug socket, or you can swap the dongle on the end and plug it in to a 32amp connector. Obvs the more juice going in the quicker the charge.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 6e3079fd-c297-31a0-9e53-a6328e5dda16

A type 2 cable is just a cable. No clever electronics in it, just a lead to connect your car to a public charger that doesn't have a cable already tethered to it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 735aaed3-2a0f-3760-814e-8e5502b37676

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Well, Iā€™ve made the decision not to contact my dealer again. Last few calls have just made me feel like a nuisance to them and the dealer gave me the impression that my car wasnā€™t expected any time soon. They even refused to send me a confirmation of my order so I could sort out grants for my charge point.
Emailed Ford esales almost two weeks ago and havenā€™t heard anything back from them.
They better be bloody good headphones!
My ā€˜relationshipā€™ with my dealer is worse than Meghanā€™s is with the Royal Family!?

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Oh god we didn't celebrate post #4000

The forum gods will be angry !

Congratulations to @jongodfrey who had post 4000 - you win another 6 week supply of despair and disinformation :)
Yay!!! I win, I win oh... no ... wait... and wait.... and wait a bit longer.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Varicharger is a portable charge unit supplied with the car that can adapt to different inputs, and can charge a variable rates (hence the name). You can plug it in to a regular UK 13amp 3 pin plug socket, or you can swap the dongle on the end and plug it in to a 32amp connector. Obvs the more juice going in the quicker the charge.

A type 2 cable is just a cable. No clever electronics in it, just a lead to connect your car to a public charger that doesn't have a cable already tethered to it.

Thanks Wonky and everyone. I'm a type 2 then!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Donā€™t get it either. Iā€™ve just sent Rebecca a rather sharp email though expressing my disappointment and told her I await a response re compensation before I decide whether to cancel as Iā€™m fed up with the whole lack of communication and clarity.. first time ever buying a ford (I know itā€™s a first for them too selling online) and the whole process as we know has been shambolic to say the least.
This should be interesting!

IronAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD SR
Country flag
What home charger has everyone gone for? Anyone opted to go for the Ford one for Ā£559 or however much it was?

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
What home charger has everyone gone for? Anyone opted to go for the Ford one for Ā£559 or however much it was?
We leased a Reanult Zoe a while back and got a free 7Kw BP Pulse wall charger as part of the deal. I wish I'd gone for the tethered version though so I didn't have to keep getting the cable out of the boot..... My Mach E will be sharing that with the Zoe.
Sponsored