UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
1 more thing to add to the MME preacceptance list
I think if I hear of a 3rd one then I will start to think it's a defect!

I'm unsure how often stone chips break cars like this, 2 mache's so far within a few months since deliveries started does sound a little improbable.

I've had stones or whatever on the motorway bang on my windscreen a few times but in 35 years of driving just ended up with the odd stone chip.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

I'm unsure how often stone chips break cars like this, 2 mache's so far within a few months since deliveries started does sound a little improbable.

I've had stones or whatever on the motorway bang on my windscreen a few times but in 35 years of driving just ended up with the odd stone chip.
But that was on the flat screen at a slight angle. Sounds to me that these have started on the edge. There were reports that the roof was raised a little above the line of the windscreen and was causing the wind noise. If this is the case and something has hit the edge then I think that is the most likely cause unless we get some more reports and then it could be stress related which should be covered by warranty.

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
Note to self: Donā€™t post anything in a forum you donā€™t want your dealer to find out about.
if youā€™ve complained, then you should be glad theyā€™ve seen it. Maybe theyā€™ll buck their ideas up

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There's a simple solution, cancel our orders and re-order as GT's ! That way we get the ER version but no panoramic roof!

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag

One of my close mates works in the automotive glass business. Iā€™ll send him pictures and get his view.

to me they look like stress fractures probably early manufacturing issues.

Iā€™ve had full glass roofs on three cars. They are structurally stronger than steel and quieter too but fitting is key. Thermal shock can do it or just temperature change if the fitting is wrong.

what some have described as impact marked donā€™t look like it to me. I think that is stress reaching the edge and being released.

in terms of strength, I has a quarter brick thrown up from a lorry which made a massive bang but left only a slight scratch. Land Rover also told me they are stronger and lighter in the event of a roll over. They even use them at their off-road training centres and of course glass even holds up buildings.

Last edited:

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Iā€™m totally excited now!

Confirmed: My car will arrive in Antwerp next Monday (22nd). 5-10 weeks for additional quality checks then delivery.

I probably need sleeping pills as Iā€™m suffering from excitement induced sleep depravation now!

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag

Rico2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD on order
Country flag
I have the same date and my dealer said week ending 22nd March and I am taking it as he meant week commencing 22nd March seeing as this is a Monday. Which would put it on the MSC IMMACOLATA and that arrives later next week. If its earlier happy days unfortunately my dealer could not tell me which ship or date it left Veracruz.
Me three!
Dealer confirmed due 22nd March to Antwerp then 5-10 weeks.

I assumed it is on the Immacolata.

Getting real now!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Confirmed: My car will arrive in Antwerp next Monday (22nd). 5-10 weeks for additional quality checks then delivery.

The team is ready with their tools to get these cars road worthy. You might end up with cars a little different to the brochure but I can assure you they will be bullet proof.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1615889540690

IOFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Sounds good for you guys. Mine has finally changed to in production, I guess at least it won't need the extra QC work.
Sponsored