Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I’m with you there. For me though, I don’t want or need the finance option, so the only thing that will secure my custom is Ford honouring the PICG, otherwise, like you, I’m gone.
Same here. We aren't using finance, so honour the £3000 or I'm looking elsewhere...but I don't know where as all other cars are now £3k more.
Sponsored

RegP

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E, AWD ER
Country flag
Really useful response from my dealer regarding the PICG:
My understanding is because you ordered the car before this change you are still entitled to it but if I hear anything different I will let you know.
?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My understanding is because you ordered the car before this change you are still entitled to it but if I hear anything different I will let you know.
?
My understanding is that we will only get it if it has been registered on the government's PICG portal. That should have been done when we signed on dotted line.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Yes I’ve gone for the Zappi. It also has Earthing advantages and prevents the car from making the house live in the event of a fault. In the summer I might get 80 miles a day from solar surplus. Not cheap mind.
I’ve done the same. Gone with Zappi for solar utilisation. Getting installed next week.

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
The Gral San Martin has just arrived in Veracruz, maybe the next one for us. If anyone knows their next stopovers, I'm a taker. thank you

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
?
my worry is this isn't enough. I don't want to get to a day or a week before delivery to be told it's all "unfortunately" not applicable anymore and the price is £3k and it's not our fault etc etc then I'm back in a 3+month queue for an alternative.

yorkieboy

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Volvo XC90, Alfa 156
Country flag
Well guys, my fence sitting is seriously in peril of falling on the wrong side at the moment. I have put up with FordUK's inadequate handling of all aspects of the process that has been ongoing with this car. But my patience is now almost at it's end. I think I can say with some safety that the ONLY part of the process that went smoothly was the preordering when they took my £1000 deposit. I have never spent so much so quickly and effortlessly. Little did I know what was to follow. Since that fateful day more than a year ago a lot has happened, and I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT COVID.
Firstly FordUS dropped the price of all their US models except(if I remember correctly) the FE. When asked, the official reply was that it wouldn't take effect in UK. Then they gave them all 250KWh free charging. Because of further delays they have given them all ANOTHER 250KWh free charging.
Due to the delay in getting cars to the NL their tax situation has changed so FordNL gave their MME customers 3000 euros off the price of the cars there.
Because of the delay in getting UK cars delivered and FordUK's continued apathy I now find myself £4500 WORSE off. I have lost the £3000 PICG because FordUK/dealers didn't do their job properly and register my car when I signed on the dotted line. I have aslo lost £1500 off the value of my car that I was planning to use for the deposit. If I continue to proceed with this car my payments have instantly gone up by about £80. It will be even more if I have to reduce the amount of deposit I am able to raise. This means that my monthlies will rise even more and it is making it more and more likely that I will have to cancel so unless FordUK come up with a sensible rescue package, I'm gone. I almost forgot. What do we get as an apology, a pathetic pair of headphones. :mad: :mad:
What, I hear you say, will keep me on board. FordUK need to do one of the following in my mind. Honour the price as it was with the PICG.
Change the finance rate to 0% or at least a rate to reduce the interest payable by £3000.
Give us some free KWh's. I'm not greedy, 300 will do. And without a time limit.
So I am now waiting patiently for someone(FordUK or my dealer) to get in touch with me with some good, no, excellent news that will keep me onboard. I wonder just how much my business is worth to them. I make this vow. After being a Ford man for nearly 40 years, if I jump ship, it will be the LAST Ford I ever buy.
Hi Grahame, and everyone else. First post from me, but I have actually gone through all 305 pages of this UK thread. Like many of you I have found the process beyond frustrating. But for the amazing Rebecca I would have cancelled weeks ago. At the moment I have two cars on order, a RWD ER and a FE. Sadly for my pocket it looks like the FE will come first.

Grahame, it strikes me that Ford UK will simply sit back and rely on customers completing their orders without any incentives such as they have offered elsewhere. Maybe we need to act collectively on this and write a letter to Lisa Brankin, signed by all of us, asking what Ford is going to do for their loyal UK customers in the light of what they have done for their US and Dutch customers (and maybe others). We already pay a hefty premium for their cars here in the UK. Irrespective of whatever the outcome is of the PICG, the least Ford UK could do is offer a considerable amount of free charging, maybe throw in some mats and liners, and a zero or low-interest finance package. After all, since many of you placed your order the £ to $ rate has improved to the extent that for a £50,000 car the $ equivalent today would be $69,287 compared to $58,500 one year ago.

Just a thought, but there is power in numbers.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
They wont care about an email. But then will care when 50% of 600 cars are cancelled!

It's the dealers who will end up with lots of cancelled orders for £50k cars and no doubt in order to shift them some will get incentives like price discounts and zero % finance.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
There are two things that have prevented me cancelling my order and waiting for a 2022 model:

1. There is a possibility I might get a slightly better spec than I ordered as it is an early production model and things seem to have changed slightly since;

2. The £3,000 PICG.

It does appear that my dealer has had the required foresight and registered my order on the Government portal.

If this is the case, and my PICG is secure, then (1) would only be a bonus and I’m happy to proceed.

If my PICG is not secured, and Ford’s don’t offer a substitute, then I think I am out.

Really sad to see @portlandg and others being ground down. At times they have kept me going.

All I can say is Ford’s are mad for upsetting loyal customers like this!

Nick_l

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Hi Grahame, and everyone else. First post from me, but I have actually gone through all 305 pages of this UK thread. Like many of you I have found the process beyond frustrating. But for the amazing Rebecca I would have cancelled weeks ago. At the moment I have two cars on order, a RWD ER and a FE. Sadly for my pocket it looks like the FE will come first.

Grahame, it strikes me that Ford UK will simply sit back and rely on customers completing their orders without any incentives such as they have offered elsewhere. Maybe we need to act collectively on this and write a letter to Lisa Brankin, signed by all of us, asking what Ford is going to do for their loyal UK customers in the light of what they have done for their US and Dutch customers (and maybe others). We already pay a hefty premium for their cars here in the UK. Irrespective of whatever the outcome is of the PICG, the least Ford UK could do is offer a considerable amount of free charging, maybe throw in some mats and liners, and a zero or low-interest finance package. After all, since many of you placed your order the £ to $ rate has improved to the extent that for a £50,000 car the $ equivalent today would be $69,287 compared to $58,500 one year ago.

Just a thought, but there is power in numbers.
Has anyone got Lisa’s email or address to write to please

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
I am like Portlandg a 40 plus years FORD buyer My grandfather was a foreman in Dagenham ford plant in the days foremen wore bowler hats and my father the top man at Ford Swansea axle plant. They would both be turning in their graves if the knew how todays FMC treat their customers. I also would never buy a ford again if we don't get treated properly. If anyone could give me the email of someone high up in ford so I can vent my frustration i would be very grateful
Sponsored