James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
I'm out without the 3k but won't cancel until last minute. I'm lucky my current lease good until end August and can always extend. Really don't like any of the other EV options apart from I Pace but way too expensive.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just a thought but I think we should have heard from her by now!
I have sent her three emails and not heard from her once. For the Global EV Communications Manager she is very good at not communicating. However I do know that the subject of my previous emails has been the source of discussion at FordUK. No acknowledgement from anyone though so I am not holding out much hope of a reply to my latest one either.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
No-one should cancel until at least we find out what the ford policy/response is
Totally agree, buy I think Ford need to understand how many people will cancel. Then they will have to discount anyway. Much better business sense to cover it for current orders.
I actually really want this car but have postponed charger install until this is resolved.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
I notice that Emma Bergg is quick to retweet positive stories and articles on Twitter. You would think she would be just as quick to address customer concerns....or at least acknowledge them.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I am like Portlandg a 40 plus years FORD buyer My grandfather was a foreman in Dagenham ford plant in the days foremen wore bowler hats and my father the top man at Ford Swansea axle plant. They would both be turning in their graves if the knew how todays FMC treat their customers. I also would never buy a ford again if we don't get treated properly. If anyone could give me the email of someone high up in ford so I can vent my frustration i would be very grateful
Fiesta at 17, orion, fiesta, 2 pumas, focus, kuga.

Fingers burnt though with the focus scandal of the tube that trashed the engine while on the motorway and the kuga which the under trim fell off more than once going through puddles!

This I think is the last Ford I will buy having experienced this total cluster f experience and seeing the US customers getting all sorts of treats. The car has to be exceptional and reliable for me to change my mind.

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Well she has another email from me laying out the issues I am sure Grahame has covered but more people writing will hopefully help our cause

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
In other news, the Gral San Martin has docked in Veracruz. On the Grimaldi schedule it still has it going to Baltimore then over to Lagos (!!) but Rebecca and Hannah were both insistent that my car and many other Mach Es would be on this ship.

Letā€™s see what transpires over the next few days. I got a fresh readout from my dealer over the weekend showing ā€˜Compound Inā€™ in Veracruz (since 26 Feb) and estimated delivery date of W/E 29 May.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
On a more positive note, the Glasgow dealer who is putting on the Ford event next month emailed me back to say they are getting 2 Mach-Es in for test drives for the event. ?
So, I may actually get to see the car in the flesh (and drive it!) before getting it.

Iā€™m not counting my chickens though!? Still too many variables...
Sponsored