grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
As far as I am aware you can't order them as a factory option, only as a dealer fit option. If I were to change mine I would look into aftermarket, you might get a better choice. Not sure how that would affect the warranty though.
Sponsored

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Still trying to get to the bottom of why Iā€™m not getting any e-mails from Ford.
Contacted them on Twitter who advised me to e-mail their e-sales team.
Have now had an e-mail from them telling me that they canā€™t help and to e-mail their ā€˜conciergeā€™ team.
They donā€™t make it easy do they?!:rolleyes:

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
As far as I am aware you can't order
As far as I am aware you can't order them as a factory option, only as a dealer fit option. If I were to change mine I would look into aftermarket, you might get a better choice. Not sure how that would affect the warranty though.
I just thinking how this would affect the consumption?

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Still trying to get to the bottom of why Iā€™m not getting any e-mails from Ford.
Contacted them on Twitter who advised me to e-mail their e-sales team.
Have now had an e-mail from them telling me that they canā€™t help and to e-mail their ā€˜conciergeā€™ team.
They donā€™t make it easy do they?!:rolleyes:
Are you sure you not talking with my Ford dealer ? ?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Saw this from Gordon Smith on Facebook:

Ford UK website now configuring Mach-E. Massive own goal, IMHO, is that black is only no cost colour option compounded by black as only interior colour.
Thats it off my list straight away.
Does this mean UK customers can place orders now?

It's written in cryptic British English, which I don't seem to understand. ;)

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

LOL

Unfortunately thatā€™s still just configuring a pre-order for now. But soon... orders are coming soon ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

Unfortunately NO. I am sure it has always been like that. You can still only pre order. Our order book hasn't opened yet. Forever hopeful it'll be soon

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just sitting here musing and I remembered something from a while ago. On 15 May I received an email from FordUK that contained the following statement:-

Weā€™ve successfully loaded your pre-order into our ordering system and weā€™ll confirm when and how you can complete your order to be one of the first in the UK to receive your all-electric Mustang Mach-E.

In July my dealer sent me a copy of my order on Ford's vista ordering system, which confirms the above statement.

Now I may be wrong but it would seem to me that our cars have already been loaded into the ordering system and scheduled so when we get the email to confirm our orders they will be given the OK to build. If my theory of production is correct and the plant in Mexico is going to build as many RHD cars as possible in one hit then the sooner we confirm our orders the sooner they get built. I imagine/hope that our cars will be scheduled in date of preordering order, with the possibilty of a cut off date, so anyone who hasn't confirmed by that date loses their place in the schedule and those remaining get bumped up a notch. Obviously the number of cars built on our run, if this is what is going to happen, dictates those of us whose cars get built. If production ramps up to 1000 per week, if there are ,say, 60 Ford stores in UK with and average of 20 cars per dealer then in 2 weeks(in theory) all UK cars COULD have been produced. Having looked at our US friends who have so far posted their build dates on the forum, the earliest is w/c 23 Nov and the latest is w/c 21 Dec. Now if they started production yesterday as has been suggested that is a 4 week gap. This side of the pond our friends in the Netherlands have confirmed, apparently, as have those in Norway. There is a car carrier scheduled to leave Vera Cruz on 25 Nov arriving Bremerhaven on 15th Dec, Antwerp on 17th and then Southampton on 20th. Whose cars are being made between now and w/c 23 Nov? Interesting scenario. As the latest date that US customers are saying at the moment is w/c 21 Dec that will take the plant up to Christmas shutdown. During this period, if anything needs to be changed, they can set up the line ready for RHD cars. Production would then start on their return which would possibly w/c 4th Jan. Our cars could be ready for shipping say w/c 18th. I haven't found it yet but if a ship is scheduled to leave Vera Cruz around the 25th in theory it could get to Southampton about the end of Feb. We could, therefore, be getting our cars in March. This would still be 'early 2021'.
Now of course all this is assuming that we aren't invited to confirm our orders until the end of Nov. If, however, we get the invite this week or next at the latest this might change and that could be good news.
Apologies for the ramble but I am getting excited like many more of you I am sure. My new stable is nearing completion, anticipated delivery is getting closer and if the next 4/5 months go as fast as the last 7/8 then our cars will be with us in no time at all. I was excited when I ordered my Focus convertible in 07, pestering my dealer for info. I spent 3 months pawing over my next car, a Kuga, in '17' while in the showroom (it was a stock car and I was waiting for him to drop the price) and then I factory ordered my current car (another Kuga) and went through the whole tracking process again. However, this MME has got me the most fired up. And my wife is hating me for it.

SPOILER ALERT. I have NO inside knowledge other than my experiences with my new car purchases over the years from Ford. I read with interest the comments on this forum and form my own opinions and theories. Most of what I have written is pure conjecture with the odd fact thrown in here and there. Please feel free to agree, ignore, comment or delete. It is up to you.

Now I have got that off my chest I better get back to work. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag

Anyway why is black free in UK but In the USA they get white and grey also as free options?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Reminder: 10 minutes until the YouTube event begins :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2FBFF41B-2441-4F9A-9BFF-E6EA5A14CE8D

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Interesting statements at the start:

European deliveries will start in Spring 2021.
Scheduling will be based on pre-order date as much as possible, but be sure to confirm your order as quickly as possible.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The video seems to be greatest hits from the 4 US webinars.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag