Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thank you for sharing this. A really nice read.
A few thoughts:
3000 cars currently in Europe, they can get through 300 cars a day...well then we shouldn't be looking anywhere near a 10 week wait.
Final one, we that customers like family. Hmmm, family are always left to the back of the queue when it comes to business. Treat me like someone who is spending my hard earned money with you!
Must admit that did make me smile treated like family ? Guys that have been here from day one must feel like they have been going through a divorce in that case ?
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
"We treat customers like family" - FML I'm calling Social Services! ?
I need to be taken into care!

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Yeah, I get the feeling that this ‘Ford family’ would be the type of family that would be seen on the Jeremy Kyle show! ?

Headline: ‘Ford won’t let me see my car and is keeping it hostage in Antwerp!’ ?

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The company doing the quality inspections Aktrion look a decent company with 3 billion turnover and posted a blog in February concerning the Ford contract https://aktrion.com/blog/2021/02/11/new-belgium-office/
This includes a paragraph 'As our first major project in the region, Aktrion are performing Quality Inspections & Rework activities for Ford Motor Company at the port of Antwerp.'
Should we be concerned with what rework means or is that like replacing a 12v battery?

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
The company doing the quality inspections Aktrion look a decent company with 3 billion turnover and posted a blog in February concerning the Ford contract https://aktrion.com/blog/2021/02/11/new-belgium-office/
This includes a paragraph 'As our first major project in the region, Aktrion are performing Quality Inspections & Rework activities for Ford Motor Company at the port of Antwerp.'
Should we be concerned with what rework means or is that like replacing a 12v battery?
I take it that rework means anything they see needing fixing from their inspection. So until they got their hands on the cars they wouldn't have known what they were doing, just that they had been contracted to do whatever needed doing.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Thanks to @patdol on French site. Translation of article concerning the Mach E facility in Antwerp. This is the translation :

Pursuing the perfection of quality with the Mustang Mach-E

06-Apr 2021

COLOGNE, Germany - Did you know that there are currently around 3000 Mustang Mach-E models in Europe? As more and more electric vehicles cross the Atlantic, Ford leaves no stone unturned to ensure that each one meets the highest possible quality standards after the three-week boat trip from North America. The company has set up an inspection center at the port of Antwerp where vehicles are unloaded. And they all have to pass a rigorous 50-point check before they can be released for delivery. Lee Walker, Director of Quality, Ford Europe explained, “We treat customers like family, so with Mach-E we take a very proactive approach to make sure customers have no quality concerns. concerning their vehicles. “Based on lessons learned from the past, we established an inspection center on land owned by the shipping company at the port itself. We have installed 18 inspection ramps there where we can process up to 300 Mach-E models every day. The inspection center is staffed and managed by AKTRION partners. " As each Mach-E is inspected, an electronic report is generated using a tablet-based online inspection tool, which will immediately report any issues. This information is then shared with colleagues at Ford's Cuautitlan stamping and assembly plant in Mexico, where Mach-E is manufactured. “So far, the quality of vehicles arriving in Europe has been very good,” Walker added. “We can solve just about any problem at the inspection center. It's like a mini production line. " Ce Wölpern, Managing Director, Import Vehicles, Ford Europe, told @Ford: “In the future, we are looking to expand the capabilities of this facility to include a modification center where vehicles can be customized. If, for example, a customer wants to install a tow bar or add individual accessories, we can do it there. "

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
If this company can process 300 cars a day and there is 3000 in Europe they should be able to have processed those before the next ship arrives. They will need space for when those arrive which means we might see ours sooner rather than later. Of course this all depends on what they find wrong with the cars and parts availability. The 300 a day figure might just mean that they can identify problems on that many and not actually fixing 300 a day.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
According to vesselfinder.com MSC CRISTIANA IS due into Veracruz, now arriving 10/4. Depending on which website you look at she is also showing as expected in Veracruz. So that is another that cars can be loaded onto.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Your dealer has to check Vista - their system that connects to Ford.
Oddly enough my dealer rang me yesterday flapping, telling me about the PICG change and that Ford are absorbing it for me BUT need the order confirmation by the end of the day. The dealer had never asked me to sign anything up until now.

He also said he has four coming in the first batch, all of which are due at the same time mid May. Two of those are mine and my business partners.
Mine was shipped on the Immacolata and my business partners was on the Grande Houston but the dealer is expecting them both to arrive together.