Tony
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicles
2019 Prius PHEV
Country flag
I have found the insurance groups on the thatcham site

I could do with someone going to the site to check I havent mistyped any of this.

I think you have this spot on - and well done on finding it first ! 😁

So in layman's speak its:

RWD Standard Range (68kWh) - Group 33E
RWD Extended Range (88kWh) - Group 37E

AWD Standard Range (68kWh) - Group 37E
AWD Extended Range (88kWh) - Group 40E

AWD First Edition (88kWh) - Group 40E

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicles
2019 Prius PHEV
Country flag
Comparethemarket are showing quotes from a very small number of companies if you want an idea of costs.

The Lv site aren't and they have a section dedicated to EV insurance but dont list the mache yet.
I'd always budgeted for an increase in insurance costs when getting the Mach-E - but <squeaks> that's BIIIIIIG increase compared to my Prius PHEV 😧

I shop around - so hopefully as more companies update their vehicles databases one of the companies that is kinder to my demographic will offer a better price. As a guide - this year I paid £226 - the Mach E on the same basis is coming in at £488 😳

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Reaction score
First Name
Sasha
Vehicles
Porsche Macan S, waiting MME AWD SR
Country flag
Hurrah my present car is 39e so MME is cheaper at 37e.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicles
kuga st line x RWD ER MACH E on order
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Comparethemarket are showing quotes from a very small number of companies if you want an idea of costs.

The Lv site aren't and they have a section dedicated to EV insurance but dont list the mache yet.
I went on there the other day and they weren't giving quotes. They are now and the cheapest for me is with Admiral, who I am with now, and it isn't that much more than I am paying now. Happy days. That was the last hurdle to get over. Bring it on

SteveUk

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford kuga
Country flag
I'd always budgeted for an increase in insurance costs when getting the Mach-E - but <squeaks> that's BIIIIIIG increase compared to my Prius PHEV 😧

I shop around - so hopefully as more companies update their vehicles databases one of the companies that is kinder to my demographic will offer a better price. As a guide - this year I paid £226 - the Mach E on the same basis is coming in at £488 😳
Big increase for me too! My most comical quote was over £2k!

Currently paying approx £650 with Lv on the kuga. Admiral quote was around £1200.

Another thing I noticed was a compulsory £350 excess!

I'm assuming LV when they are ready will come back with somthing more sensible.

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Big increase for me too! My most comical quote was over £2k!

Currently paying approx £650 with Lv on the kuga. Admiral quote was around £1200.

Another thing I noticed was a compulsory £350 excess!

I'm assuming LV when they are ready will come back with somthing more sensible.
Wow, that's a lot. That would pull the plug for me at those prices. Although personal circumstances have a lot to play in the prices. My Admiral quote was £458. I have multi car with Admiral and am paying £651 for my Kuga and the wife's Fiesta

SteveUk

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford kuga
Country flag
Wow, that's a lot. That would pull the plug for me at those prices. Although personal circumstances have a lot to play in the prices. My Admiral quote was £458. I have multi car with Admiral and am paying £651 for my Kuga and the wife's Fiesta
Perhaps it's the annual mileage I put in which is 18k, although I can't predict it at the moment due to work perhaps becoming more home based after many years of a daily 70miles+ communte up the m56.

I was spending between £4 and £5k a year on petrol, this I recon would be a quarter of that via electric so an extra few hundred quid a year on insurance is nothing compared to the fuel my kuga liked to drink!

The range anxiety concerns me more as the true range is nothing compared to what the uk ford figures are!

The alternatives such as a latest kuga are looks wise nothing compared to the mache style. The gap is massive.

I think my plug pulling point would be anything more than £100 a month to insure.

I hope you get your car soon and enjoy that wonderful uniqueness of it. It looks amazing.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Reaction score
First Name
Sasha
Vehicles
Porsche Macan S, waiting MME AWD SR
Country flag
So would anybody have any idea on the amount of data you would need a month? How could you even estimate this.
There are deals for 10Gb or one for 30Gb for £10 a month.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So would anybody have any idea on the amount of data you would need a month? How could you even estimate this.
There are deals for 10Gb or one for 30Gb for £10 a month.
We should be getting 3GB free when we get the car which lasts for 3 months. You should be able to judge your requirements by then.

MailGuy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Living with two cars with their own data plan and WiFi for three years, my experience has been it’s a seldom used feature. That’s true even in a car primarily used to haul teenagers around. Most everyone has a mobile data plan already. The primary use of mine has been to get monthly health reports automatically and the rare OTA. Honestly, I view it as a data source for OEM engineering. Something I’ve been happy to do to advance the technology.

If the mache is truly as connected as expected, that could change, but I am not holding my breath. I am expecting yet another subscription that shows up on the credit card each month that I pay and just don’t question. An insurance policy of sorts against problems. I have yet to have an overage on a 20GB monthly plan and pay about a dollar a gig. None of our phones even connect to the in car WiFi.

Your mileage may vary.

Mjsd

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
That's quite a niche requirement for this forum to cover unless there are any UK Chargepoint installers lurking in the wings.

A few of the big companies are offering workplace solutions that include DC for example:
https://bpchargemaster.com/for-workplace/

...and some are offering EV PV integration:
https://nakedsolar.co.uk/ev-pv/

...and if you are looking for some financial help from the Government to pay for it there is some info is here on approved installers:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/workplace-charging-scheme-approved-chargepoint-list

Hope that helps?
Thank you

Advertisement