First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi David,
The Merc has 157mm clearance at its lowest point so about 10mm more than the Mach E. In the Merc I can honestly say I have never hit the underside on anything speed bumps, car park slopes etc. I came from an X trail so I did adjust my driving approaching speed bumps etc as you just have to NOT drive at them at speed. They make you do what you should slow down for them. So 10mm difference I do not feel should make a difference with a Mach E. Maybe someone needs to find a route when they have a test drive that has some humps. But with the raised front clearance hitting the humps first then the wheels I think it should be fine imo.
I definitely want the Mach E to work for me so I am not saying the bouncy ride I experienced is a deal breaker for me. The Merc is just definitely a lot smoother and I hopefully will have a longer test drive when my dealer gets a demo car and I will go to it driving my Mrs 12 year old fiesta so it will no doubt feel better from that ?. Hope that answers and deals with most of your clearance concerns bottom line I do not think that should be an issue on UK roads anymore than speed humps, potholes etc will cause to any car ?
Good morning @Hotspur28

Many thanks for your response above, and your very sound advice. I'll now look forward to my test drive, which is some 3 weeks away ...... about the same time (hopefully ?) my car is due to arrive. It would be useful to have the test drive before I buy the car ?

I'm not sure what you had planned re: the charger, if you do proceed (which hopefully will be the case!).

But I have an update on the Ford Connected Wallbox so may be of interest to you or others on the forum.

I have had a number of calls with Ford on this and there has been come confusion, to say the least. I was advised recently that it was now available in the UK and I arranged with the British Gas EV Team (a very helpful team in my experience) for the charger to be installed on Monday. (A bit of a gamble considering I've not even had the test drive ?)

Sadly, on Friday, I received a call from British Gas EV to say that they had been advised that the chargers were in Germany, not the UK - so we had to postpone.

Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to get them in the UK (couple of weeks allowing for customs etc.) but I'll update the forum once I hear any more.

Once again, very many thanks for all your help with my queries.

Enjoy the very sunny weekend ?
David
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Good morning @Hotspur28

Many thanks for your response above, and your very sound advice. I'll now look forward to my test drive, which is some 3 weeks away ...... about the same time (hopefully ?) my car is due to arrive. It would be useful to have the test drive before I buy the car ?

I'm not sure what you had planned re: the charger, if you do proceed (which hopefully will be the case!).

But I have an update on the Ford Connected Wallbox so may be of interest to you or others on the forum.

I have had a number of calls with Ford on this and there has been come confusion, to say the least. I was advised recently that it was now available in the UK and I arranged with the British Gas EV Team (a very helpful team in my experience) for the charger to be installed on Monday. (A bit of a gamble considering I've not even had the test drive ?)

Sadly, on Friday, I received a call from British Gas EV to say that they had been advised that the chargers were in Germany, not the UK - so we had to postpone.

Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to get them in the UK (couple of weeks allowing for customs etc.) but I'll update the forum once I hear any more.

David
Where are you having your test drive, as mine is in 3 weeks too

Dieeasysteve

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e SR RWD (Black)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I expect the suspension update for Europe will just be camber adjustment as our roads have different camber.

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Hi all

As many of us are hopefully getting our cars in the next month or so I have a rapid charging question.
In early June I will be driving to the Isle of Skye from Wales.

By then I will have zero charging experience outside the home.

Does the ford pass app have any plug and charge capability other than Ionity which appear to be only in the south east, or do I have to register with shell BP etc.
I also have some understanding that there is a separate system in Scotland and I have no idea what it is and if I need to register.

I would be grateful for any help

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I am equally confused by all this

I Installed the bp pulse and zap-map apps to start with and also the ford pass app, this was to plan places to charge.

gwyn7532

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Nissan Leaf, Mach E RWD SR on order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi all

As many of us are hopefully getting our cars in the next month or so I have a rapid charging question.

Does the ford pass app have any plug and charge capability other than Ionity which appear to be only in the south east, or do I have to register with shell BP etc.
I also have some understanding that there is a separate system in Scotland and I have no idea what it is and if I need to register.

https://www.zap-map.com/ is worth looking at. It will probably answer all your questions

robert007ssmuel

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-Max, Mach E RWD EX Rapid Red.
Country flag
Good morning @Hotspur28

David
Doing the charger research now and it's doing my head in.
The Wallbbox is at the top of the list now but I was interested about the Ford one.
What made you decided on the Ford charger?
What price did they quote you? Did that included supply and fit?
Did British Gas do a site visit before quote?

Enjoy your test drive, done mine, it's great.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Hi all

Hi there - a few pointers.

The Ford charge card that many of us are receiving in the post should give you access to the BP pulse and Shell networks (the Ford Pass app shows these as In Network). So that card ā€˜shouldā€™ work - but I havenā€™t tested that out obviously as you canā€™t activate until you have your car. The rapid chargers on both those networks will also be usable with a contactless bank card (all new rapid chargers are legally required to have contactless payment).

The same applies for the IONITY network, and youā€™ll have discounted rates using your Ford charging card compared to using your bank card. IONITY is around the UK, and for your road trip you might want to use the chargers at Gretna Green services on your way to Skye!

Thereā€™s an interest new brand of rapid 150kW chargers called ā€˜Swarcoā€™ which are being installed in large hubs at MFG-owned petrol stations. The BP-branded petrol station at J27 of the M6 is one of these, so check that out on ZapMap (just a bank card needed for those), which again should help on your roadtrip!!

ChargePlace Scotland is the Scottish network, but Iā€™ve never used an EV there so canā€™t comment on ease of use

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Thanks for all the useful info - so at least I won't need the shell and BP cards will check out chargeplace.

I had also forgotten about the chargecard I received ages ago. Looks like wait till I get car then set up the card and see where the car suggests I charge, though from the videos I have watched the car doesn't always suggest the most time efficient charging stops.

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hi there - a few pointers.

The Ford charge card that many of us are receiving in the post should give you access to the BP pulse and Shell networks (the Ford Pass app shows these as In Network). So that card ā€˜shouldā€™ work - but I havenā€™t tested that out obviously as you canā€™t activate until you have your car. The rapid chargers on both those networks will also be usable with a contactless bank card (all new rapid chargers are legally required to have contactless payment).

The same applies for the IONITY network, and youā€™ll have discounted rates using your Ford charging card compared to using your bank card. IONITY is around the UK, and for your road trip you might want to use the chargers at Gretna Green services on your way to Skye!

Thereā€™s an interest new brand of rapid 150kW chargers called ā€˜Swarcoā€™ which are being installed in large hubs at MFG-owned petrol stations. The BP-branded petrol station at J27 of the M6 is one of these, so check that out on ZapMap (just a bank card needed for those), which again should help on your roadtrip!!

ChargePlace Scotland is the Scottish network, but Iā€™ve never used an EV there so canā€™t comment on ease of use
Interestingly, no ionity, bp pulse, or shell charging available yet in NI and as such the ford pass app shows zero charging locations here. The bulk of chargers here are public sector installed under "ecarni" scheme. Severe lack of charging locations here at present though.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Good morning @Hotspur28

David
Thanks David will be interesting what you decide to install and cost. At the moment my plan is just to granny charge on the 3 pin as I will not belive its here until it is actually sitting on the drive ? . Looks like wallbox wait times are around 4 weeks and I am not decided between that option or commando socket which is the route a couple have also gone down on here as you can use the Ford supplied variopower charger. If I understand correctly it will give you about the same charge per hour as the wallbox,so few options to consider ?
Sponsored