BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
I thought this was an interesting video from a lady in the US who's Mach E went back to the dealers for all the updates our vehicles are getting in Antwerp:

They replaced her 12v battery (after a failed test), plus around 6-hours of software updates! So a process that all our cars are going through when in Antwerp.

My personal feeling is that there isn't some larger issue that we've not been made aware of, as deliveries are clearly starting to happen in other European countries now, as well as the US of course. I guess there could be a RHD specific issue that we're not aware of, but I hope if that the Antwerp delay is more due to Ford want to ship a whole load of vehicles at one (emphasis on hope there!!).

Fingers crossed we get some clarity soon - as the mid-June deliveries that so many have slipped to would still need to see the cars moving to a UK port before too long!!
Sponsored

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I thinks there's at least two on the Dutch thread @makooy being one of them.

At least three on the Norwegian thread where the cars have arrived at dealers. The Norwegian issue seems to be a bottleneck in processing in Norway.
their are around 70-80 Mach-Eā€˜a delivered to customers as we speak. Including mine (30-April).

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
oh FFS. This is getting pathetic
Yeah. Iā€™m in 12th June club now too. My car has a build date of Nov last year, so to still be waiting for it nearly 6 months later is ridiculous. I genuinely feel that Ford are very lucky the Audi Q4 E-Tron isnā€™t out yet. The Mach E package is still the best I can see on the horizon, but they would have lost many of us by now if there was any half decent alternatives purely in protest at the poor comms.

ozontour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, BMW X6, Mach e FE on order
Country flag
I did notice that he said Europe when I asked about U.K. specifically, so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if weā€™re skipped all together. But yes, if order bank opens before my car is delivered, Iā€™ll seriously consider cancelling and waiting on the GT... depending on the lead time. My FE is now delayed to August, so there is a chance.
Yes, I have now been told August too, that's what got me thinking about the GT. I am not holding my breath that the car will arrive in August, fully expect this to slip again.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I thought this was an interesting video from a lady in the US who's Mach E went back to the dealers for all the updates our vehicles are getting in Antwerp:

They replaced her 12v battery (after a failed test), plus around 6-hours of software updates! So a process that all our cars are going through when in Antwerp.

My personal feeling is that there isn't some larger issue that we've not been made aware of, as deliveries are clearly starting to happen in other European countries now, as well as the US of course. I guess there could be a RHD specific issue that we're not aware of, but I hope if that the Antwerp delay is more due to Ford want to ship a whole load of vehicles at one (emphasis on hope there!!).

Fingers crossed we get some clarity soon - as the mid-June deliveries that so many have slipped to would still need to see the cars moving to a UK port before too long!!
She has done a series of YouTube videos on her experience with the MME. She did a ten things she hated and 10 things she liked afterwards. Ford saw the video, supposedly they have a team monitoring social media (not doing a very good job), and arranged for a free loaner and got her car into the dealer for fixes. It would appear to me that FordUS are pushing out the cars with any snags etc and then waiting for a customer to complain that they have issues and then fixing them. No complaint, no need to fix. Perhaps FordEUR are taking a different, in my opinion a better one, approach and are trying to fix all the snags BEFORE they get sent to us, the customer. This lady has quite a large following, but her voice is sooo annoying, so it was in FordUS's interest to keep her onboard. This latest video when she got her car back was very complimentary.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag

6 hours might be down to their inefficient working practices or because they leave it running and click OK every hour for 6 updates. in Antwerp they can't be doing it like that if they are properly approaching the issues.

one person can click on OK and then move to the next car and do the same then after 100 cars go back to the first and repeat.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Maybe they were looking at something like this which seems to be old news.

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/la...threat-lifted-with-new-government-co2-targets

They certainly seem to be pushing other countries before the UK. My guess would be software. UK road signs are different, road rules are different and of course RHD but I though the demonstrators worked fine.

We are all stabbing in the dark until Ford communicate with us.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
.... in other news I can confirm my MME has not moved since 13th April... the battery has dropped 1% in that time...

I'm thinking of running a sweepstake in the day she moves... any takers? Ā£1k per day, proceeds to a charity working with mental stress and anxiety !!! ;-)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_EF384318E72B-1

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME RWD ER, Kawasaki ER6N, '15 e-Golf
Country flag
I believe Norway have a ship that rescued their cars from Antwerp but deliveries have not reached customers.
First one rolled out 2 days ago, to the first one who ordered. A couple more has been delivered since then.

We are awaiting a 2. nd ship(chartered by Ford Noway). Speculation suggests its the Monza leaving Antwerpen on the 8th. Then its back to FordEU' schedule.

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
She has done a series of YouTube videos on her experience with the MME. She did a ten things she hated and 10 things she liked afterwards. Ford saw the video, supposedly they have a team monitoring social media (not doing a very good job), and arranged for a free loaner and got her car into the dealer for fixes. It would appear to me that FordUS are pushing out the cars with any snags etc and then waiting for a customer to complain that they have issues and then fixing them. No complaint, no need to fix. Perhaps FordEUR are taking a different, in my opinion a better one, approach and are trying to fix all the snags BEFORE they get sent to us, the customer. This lady has quite a large following, but her voice is sooo annoying, so it was in FordUS's interest to keep her onboard. This latest video when she got her car back was very complimentary.
I started to watch one of her videos a while ago and then I saw her You Tube Channel name - It was originally, 'Tesla & Chill'. I comment on this telling her I wont watch any review on any car with a biased channel name like hers. Since then, she changed it to something like, 'EV & Chill".

So, if she is negative about the car, it's because she is a Tesla swat by default and her comments on other cars don't hold much weight because of the bias.

Having said that, I think she is quite sexy and has a voice like a Disney princess so I doubt we will be fighting over her Grahame ;)

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
.... in other news I can confirm my MME has not moved since 13th April... the battery has dropped 1% in that time...

I'm thinking of running a sweepstake in the day she moves... any takers? Ā£1k per day, proceeds to a charity working with mental stress and anxiety !!! ;-)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_EF384318E72B-1
Hey, how did you see this. Mine isn't bringing anything up

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Yeah. Iā€™m in 12th June club now too. My car has a build date of Nov last year, so to still be waiting for it nearly 6 months later is ridiculous. I genuinely feel that Ford are very lucky the Audi Q4 E-Tron isnā€™t out yet. The Mach E package is still the best I can see on the horizon, but they would have lost many of us by now if there was any half decent alternatives purely in protest at the poor comms.
I've just looked it up. The Audi Q4 is over Ā£50k

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hey, how did you see this. Mine isn't bringing anything up
You have to send an activation request from your Ford pass app and hope someone is sitting in your car to approve the request then you might be able to see where it is. Mine has not been approved so I can't see anything for my car
Sponsored