UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
This may be a stupid question but does the Mach e use your home WiFi or it’s own data connection to do OTAs? We have very slow home WiFi and poor phone reception. Does this mean OTAs will be tough to do at home? Can it be done out and about? Not sure how it all works
it has its own built in modem which I assume is for this.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
This may be a stupid question but does the Mach e use your home WiFi or it’s own data connection to do OTAs? We have very slow home WiFi and poor phone reception. Does this mean OTAs will be tough to do at home? Can it be done out and about? Not sure how it all works
It uses it's own cellular data connection to download updates, but can also use your home Wi-Fi (if you connect the car to it) - so the short answer is both :)

Alex_whietehad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
It uses it's own cellular data connection to download updates, but can also use your home Wi-Fi (if you connect the car to it) - so the short answer is both :)
Ah ok, with slow home WiFi (2mbps) and bad phone service think we’ll struggle with getting them done in a timely fashion. Hopefully it can do them when driving around or plugged into a fast charger somewhere

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Been using the FordPass Card for for charging the past few weeks and wondered when the monetary charging would happen - thought it might be monthly like a BP Pulse membership - but so far nothing.

I used FordPass card this evening and for the first time I got an instant charge notification. So looks like I've been getting free juice for the last few weeks - anyone else get charged yet?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6189
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6190

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
yes I was charged immediately using Ford pass at bp junction 27 m6

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Been using the FordPass Card for for charging the past few weeks and wondered when the monetary charging would happen - thought it might be monthly like a BP Pulse membership - but so far nothing.

I used FordPass card this evening and for the first time I got an instant charge notification. So looks like I've been getting free juice for the last few weeks - anyone else get charged yet?
I have two bills from FordPass charging card. Notifications straight after every charge.

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
You're going to love activating your FordPass Charging Network subscription,. if you haven't already! What a shit show. Been trying all day. Spinning wheel of death on almost every page. On one attempt I managed to get as far as putting in my card details, which it gobbled up and took me to another spinning wheel... now every time I get back to the same page, the cells to input card details are gone, presumably because it's already been done, but it won't let me click the activate button until I enter them... but there is no where to enter them. It's all such a bad experience. They're lucky the car drives like it does!
Does everyone who buys the car get that? What’s included if you do?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Ugh thats frustrating! Do you know when the build date was? Wonder if its one of the pre Feb 3rd cars that had the 12v issues?
22nd Feb build date… so after. Thankfully the issue went away without incident. Gave me a squeaky bum though ?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Does everyone who buys the car get that? What’s included if you do?
Yes, it should arrive in the post… if not, your dealer may give it to you when you collect. It gives you some discounted rates at certain charge points like BP Pulse and Ionity… also a few free miles to begin with.
Sponsored