grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Think its because (for me anyway) we are getting software hand me downs. Kind of happy to get any updates as it stands. We haven't had all the features they have had in the US (Paak related).
I have quite a few software issues but have left it to see if it gets resolved in any updates.
I hope you have told your dealer about your software issues. Ford won't get to know what issues we are having unless you tell your dealer (or Hannah) so that their programmers can investigate.
Sponsored

Sin_Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Dropped car off to detailer and picked it up yesterday after a week. After waiting and waiting for an update I get in the car whilst it has sat on a ramp all that time and things look a little different. It's only gone and updated itself ?

Good thing my guy had no need to discconnect the battery or do other work as he would have been none the wiser!

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Hi everyone
I have issues with the Wifi Hotspot and was advised by Vodafone that some modem settings should be change to allow internet connection
ā€œThank you for contacting us about your account. The APN on the modem is now limited to FORD connections only. Please contact FORD support and ask them to change the APN to acf.internet.uk.ott to allow a Vodafone connection. If you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you ā€œ
Ford customer services told me i would need to bring the car to a ford dealer.
Is there another way to get the settings changed ?
Anyone else with the same problem?
Thank you for your help
Walter

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Hi everyone
I have issues with the Wifi Hotspot and was advised by Vodafone that some modem settings should be change to allow internet connection
ā€œThank you for contacting us about your account. The APN on the modem is now limited to FORD connections only. Please contact FORD support and ask them to change the APN to acf.internet.uk.ott to allow a Vodafone connection. If you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you ā€œ
Thank you for your help
Walter
I just use my phone as a Mobile Hotspot, mainly because I understood that you had to buy a data package from Vodafone to use the car's one and I can't see the point as the phone works fine.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Looks really neat, did you hard wire it in?
No I didn't. I just ran the supplied cable around the lining and plugged it into the USB port under the main screen. Only drawback this way is that parking mode doesn't work as you need a permanent feed. The USB turns off after you turn off the car and turns on when you switch car on. Works a treat. Takes 128 GB card and you can link to your phone wirelessly to view footage.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi everyone
Thank you for your help
Walter
I didn't see the point of taking out another data plan just to use the car as a hotspot as I have plenty on my phone. When my grandson is in the car and want's an internet connection I have set up my phone as a hotspot. Don't bother with going via the car.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
I didn't see the point of taking out another data plan just to use the car as a hotspot as I have plenty on my phone. When my grandson is in the car and want's an internet connection I have set up my phone as a hotspot. Don't bother with going via the car.
same. i have one of those EE dongles. these days, with the kind of data plans phone providers have, makes little sense to use the car as a hotspot.

Marcobarko

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Ford Ranger
Country flag
Prospective owner here. Seriously considering a mustang Mach e but Iā€™m a little concerned about software issues, phone connectivity issues, a jolty ride at low speed and poor UK customer service. This idea of this car excites more than any other EV (asides from the Mercedes eqs) but I donā€™t want to waste money buying this car too soon if these issues havenā€™t been ironed out yet

Graystar-MLP

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD, Carb Grey.
Country flag
Prospective owner here. Seriously considering a mustang Mach e but Iā€™m a little concerned about software issues, phone connectivity issues, a jolty ride at low speed and poor UK customer service. This idea of this car excites more than any other EV (asides from the Mercedes eqs) but I donā€™t want to waste money buying this car too soon if these issues havenā€™t been ironed out yet
Hi Marco,
I love the car! I donā€™t notice anything wrong with the ride, drives like a dream, looks fantastic and the mileage is exactly what I expected as I did lots of research. No software issues for me, maybe Iā€™m lucky. The app is not perfect by a long way, but I treat it as a an optional extra. I would have bought the car if the app didnā€™t exist. I use my watch to turn the car on whilst finishing my breakfast and when I get out there it is so hot in there that the heated seats and the heated wheel go straight off! If I had the option to choose again I would stick with my MME And I test drove the Q4, EQC, EQA and the IPace. Hope this helps.

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Hi guys
Just curious how is your car performance on the wet with your factory fitted tyres?

TonyA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Country flag
Hi guys
Just curious how is your car performance on the wet with your factory fitted tyres?
Had a scary moment this evening lost the back end twice first going round the roundabout and again when exiting the same roundabout, not accelerating super hard. I also had a strange moment a few weeks ago going fairly slowly around another roundabout and the back end step out as if I was on black ice but it was some 15 deg C not sure if it is tyres or pressures interested in any ideas guys

Marcobarko

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Ford Ranger
Country flag
Hi Marco,
I love the car! I donā€™t notice anything wrong with the ride, drives like a dream, looks fantastic and the mileage is exactly what I expected as I did lots of research. No software issues for me, maybe Iā€™m lucky. The app is not perfect by a long way, but I treat it as a an optional extra. I would have bought the car if the app didnā€™t exist. I use my watch to turn the car on whilst finishing my breakfast and when I get out there it is so hot in there that the heated seats and the heated wheel go straight off! If I had the option to choose again I would stick with my MME And I test drove the Q4, EQC, EQA and the IPace. Hope this helps.
It really does, thank you! You watch the review videos and they make you feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, then you read a few forums and the only posts you notice are the ones where things have gone wrong. But thatā€™s the same for most cars Iā€™m sure!

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Had a scary moment this evening lost the back end twice first going round the roundabout and again when exiting the same roundabout, not accelerating super hard. I also had a strange moment a few weeks ago going fairly slowly around another roundabout and the back end step out as if I was on black ice but it was some 15 deg C not sure if it is tyres or pressures interested in any ideas guys
Iā€™ve had the back end go on a few occasions and Iā€™m AWD. Scary when you donā€™t expect it. Iā€™m on Bridgestones which Iā€™ve never liked. Iā€™ll go for Michelin Pilot Sport EVs if I can ever get them
Sponsored