grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I wonder what strength screenwash the electric car reviewer YouTuber Bjorn Nyland uses in Norway? Probably something we can't even get over here. I've found I've got a joint pad thing that's heated up in the microwave so I'll have a go at that today. I wonder what our Canadian peeps do?
I buy the concentrated screen wash and I use a 50/50 mix for mine all year round. Never had an issue in either of my Kuga's or, so far, in my MME
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
AND this car, ER RWD returned only 195 range today so only needed c95% more to reach the 379 [im]possible range šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø I know itā€™s cold, and I cane it, and it carries a load, and I donā€™t drive with a rug around my legs but this?
Have you tried resetting your driving history. My car is the same as yours and I am 85% with 286 miles of range.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20221216_104744_FordPass

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Have you tried resetting your driving history. My car is the same as yours and I am 85% with 286 miles of range.
Screenshot_20221216_104744_FordPass.jpg
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20221216_104744_FordPass
Thnx for trying to help Potlandg but itā€™s not the predicted range based on mine or no/cleared driving style history which is the source of my concern, it can tell me whatever it likes in that respect which I think is irrelevant to what is actually achievable once on the road which the other day was down to a meagre 195, enough for joyriding, the Tesco shop and normal daily domestic life but if I thought it would fall to this level I can say with a degree of certainty that I would not have bought this thing, the notional value of the carā€™s really great looks & the effect of Ford Mustangā€™s motoring heritage on its design, the Ā£1,000ā€™s saved in fuel in 45,000 miles and that I feel Iā€™m doing my but to save the planet counts nothing toward getting me around my jobs and home at night, the love affair is struggling to survive.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Wow, that is not bad, I am getting 88 miles with 77% battery. That is terrible!

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Thnx for trying to help Potlandg but itā€™s not the predicted range based on mine or no/cleared driving style history which is the source of my concern, it can tell me whatever it likes in that respect which I think is irrelevant to what is actually achievable once on the road which the other day was down to a meagre 195, enough for joyriding, the Tesco shop and normal daily domestic life but if I thought it would fall to this level I can say with a degree of certainty that I would not have bought this thing, the notional value of the carā€™s really great looks & the effect of Ford Mustangā€™s motoring heritage on its design, the Ā£1,000ā€™s saved in fuel in 45,000 miles and that I feel Iā€™m doing my but to save the planet counts nothing toward getting me around my jobs and home at night, the love affair is struggling to survive.
Yesterday I left Brize Norton at 4pm, it's 103 miles and another person with me left at the same time in an ICE car. They had 40 miles more than me to travel, they got home at 7.30 and I got in at 8.45, so I took at least an extra 1 and 3/4 hours. I have a SRD, so am getting about 160 miles at the mo for 100% charge. I expect this as it was the same last year, but whereas I never had an issue with the availability of chargers, this has changed massively. Rugby was a joy, now there's normally a queue, it's the increase in electric cars creaking the infrastructure, we all know that and it will only get worse. Once the tech improves and you can get up to 80% in 15 mins, we'll all be fine as there will be quicker turnround.

If it wasn't for the tax break (I save about Ā£300 a month compared to the ICE company car) then I'd be back into an ICE tomorrow. But UKGOV have already said that the tax is increasing so they'll claw the money back eventually. Electric was 16p an hour when I first started, now its 36p, so working out about 15p a mile at the moment. If you have to fast charge then this can be over 30p a mile in the winter.

I agree, for those doing daily long distances, it's a grind and getting worse. I've got Holyhead in Jan at 356 miles, so I'll take the train, which I would never do before... Maybe I'll keep the Mach E for poodeling about and look at other options for work, we'll see. Still love the car though, just had my 4 new tyres fitted and the Fitter said "Nice car but it's a shame it doesn't sound like a proper Mustang"... when I explained that you can have a propulsion noise in the cabin, I could see the pity in his eyes!!! Maybe I'll invest in a speaker system in the Frunk and pipe a guttural engine growl though, just to wind up the Mustang purists....

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
I'm a spreadsheet geek, so just worked out my first 11 days of ownership at 3.58m/kw over 800 miles, which I don't think is too bad given it's barely been above freezing for a week and the car had 3 inches of snow all over it yesterday!
Ooh, I do like a spreadsheet, too!
Iā€™ve now turned 44,738 miles andā€¦ā€¦.

Total miles 44738
Total charge cost Ā£3,244.89
(Home Ā£1,562.27
On road Ā£1,682.12

Av 3.133 m/kWh
Av cost per kWh 22p

Av cost per mile 7.15p

Subject to errors & omissionsšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Yesterday I left Brize Norton at 4pm, it's 103 miles and another person with me left at the same time in an ICE car. They had 40 miles more than me to travel, they got home at 7.30 and I got in at 8.45, so I took at least an extra 1 and 3/4 hours. I have a SRD, so am getting about 160 miles at the mo for 100% charge. I expect this as it was the same last year, but whereas I never had an issue with the availability of chargers, this has changed massively. Rugby was a joy, now there's normally a queue, it's the increase in electric cars creaking the infrastructure, we all know that and it will only get worse. Once the tech improves and you can get up to 80% in 15 mins, we'll all be fine as there will be quicker turnround.

If it wasn't for the tax break (I save about Ā£300 a month compared to the ICE company car) then I'd be back into an ICE tomorrow. But UKGOV have already said that the tax is increasing so they'll claw the money back eventually. Electric was 16p an hour when I first started, now its 36p, so working out about 15p a mile at the moment. If you have to fast charge then this can be over 30p a mile in the winter.

I agree, for those doing daily long distances, it's a grind and getting worse. I've got Holyhead in Jan at 356 miles, so I'll take the train, which I would never do before... Maybe I'll keep the Mach E for poodeling about and look at other options for work, we'll see. Still love the car though, just had my 4 new tyres fitted and the Fitter said "Nice car but it's a shame it doesn't sound like a proper Mustang"... when I explained that you can have a propulsion noise in the cabin, I could see the pity in his eyes!!! Maybe I'll invest in a speaker system in the Frunk and pipe a guttural engine growl though, just to wind up the Mustang purists....
Itā€™s certainly something I find I have to work at more this year, thought it was just me, but by using ZapMap for charge station location and the Shell, InstaVolt & Ionity apps for real time availability means I still very rarely queue.

That BFG at Meads just inside East M25 is a really Good option with 8 points and never more than 1 in use when I get there and so long as I remember to leave reg no with petrol station I escape their inexplicable parking fine. Beaconsfieldā€™s a wast of space.

MK Coachstopā€™s a reliable splash slash & dash stop-off despite having to pay 30p for a pee!

Gretnaā€™s usually available but the jewels in the crowns are those Instavolts in MaccyDees car parks thereby satisfying my guilty pleasue.

Cambridge Svcs are hit & miss and I find you really have to avoid early morning, lunch & teatimes.

However, my real weakness are for those points situated in Miller & Carter car parks which inevitably cost me an extra Ā£45 on top of charge cost but their steaks are sooooooo good.

Tax breaks inc the Corporation Tax advantage are good so itā€™s still just worth making the extra effort given the carā€™s also a bit of eye candy and a pleasure to drive.

It does take a hammering and stands up to it well. Got another damaged screen, though, and the rears are about ready for second set of boots.

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Itā€™s certainly something I find I have to work at more this year, thought it was just me, but by using ZapMap for charge station location and the Shell, InstaVolt & Ionity apps for real time availability means I still very rarely queue.

That BFG at Meads just inside East M25 is a really Good option with 8 points and never more than 1 in use when I get there and so long as I remember to leave reg no with petrol station I escape their inexplicable parking fine. Beaconsfieldā€™s a wast of space.

MK Coachstopā€™s a reliable splash slash & dash stop-off despite having to pay 30p for a pee!

Gretnaā€™s usually available but the jewels in the crowns are those Instavolts in MaccyDees car parks thereby satisfying my guilty pleasue.

Cambridge Svcs are hit & miss and I find you really have to avoid early morning, lunch & teatimes.

However, my real weakness are for those points situated in Miller & Carter car parks which inevitably cost me an extra Ā£45 on top of charge cost but their steaks are sooooooo good.

Tax breaks inc the Corporation Tax advantage are good so itā€™s still just worth making the extra effort given the carā€™s also a bit of eye candy and a pleasure to drive.

It does take a hammering and stands up to it well. Got another damaged screen, though, and the rears are about ready for second set of boots.
Meads is really good, its MFG that is starting to pop up a fair bit and as you say, only minutes from the M25. My work is rolling out destination charging at 30p which will be a game changer, so at least I can charge whilst I'm in the office.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Meads is really good, its MFG that is starting to pop up a fair bit and as you say, only minutes from the M25. My work is rolling out destination charging at 30p which will be a game changer, so at least I can charge whilst I'm in the office.
Found a good one at a Jet filling station just South of Scotch Corner on road parallel and to the West side of A1. Wetherby, I think also has a bank of numerous charge points, too.

Last edited:

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
In @portlandg defence - I buy this at Tesco and itā€™s rated to -18ĀŗC.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 20221217_115740
Ah. Don't get me wrong no criticism at all directed at portlandg. :) :) It's either sold out at my local Tesco or they're useless as usual with a fair number of empty shelves with some items occupying space that bear no relation to the labelling on the shelf underneath. šŸ¤”