Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I got the email... however only one, and it’s for the order I’m about to cancel... not my new order.
Ford communication is really... how to phrase that... weird? Inefficient? Unreliable? Inexistant? (use appropriate one wherever it applies ?)

As you could see on FR thread, some of us got the same email, some who are still waiting for the car to be produced, some who already have their car confirmed produced...

I personally got that email on Jan 19th, 2 weeks before the car has actually been produced, @patdol who has his car produced the day before me just got the email today.
Me too... I only got one email but for a car I have already cancelled and nothing for the other two I had one of which is still on order and has already been made.

I reckon one of their IT guys just switched the mail server back on.
Sponsored

JStepha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
As a complete change of topic, what do people think about ONTO (used to be called EVEZY), the short-term EV leasing company.

1) You rent the car month by month, no deposit and no minimum term (well a month minimum technically but you pay in advance)
2) Rental includes insurance (£1000 excess though in your-fault claims) up to 1000 miles a month, (you can add more when needed), tax and all maintenance costs
3) you do not get a key, you use an app to lock and unlock the car.
4) You can pick cars up and drop them off and "depots" around the country.

Get The Best Electric Car Subscriptions - All-Inclusive | Onto

You can get a Tesla Model 3 for £999 a month or a Jaguar iPace for £1,299 with nothing on top of that.

In 5 years the total cost would be £59,940 for the Model 3 and £77,940 for the Jag

They don't have the Mach-E in their fleet yet, but one might guestimate a figure somewhere between those two cars - perhaps £1,150 per month or £69,000 after 5 years - but with no insurance or any other costs at all on top of that.

Five years of car insurance at £50 a month is £3,000 after 5 years.

And you can swap it for another car when you want e.g. a smaller (much cheaper) car for most of the year and then swap to a larger car (or one with longer range) for the odd time you need to go somewhere further away or carry more luggage.

This looks very good value - what am I missing here?
Sounds like after 5 years you would have paid close to the sum of the parts (car, insurance etc.), but don’t own the asset. Doesn’t sounds like a good deal to me, but maybe I’m missing something.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Sounds like after 5 years you would have paid close to the sum of the parts (car, insurance etc.), but don’t own the asset. Doesn’t sounds like a good deal to me, but maybe I’m missing something.
It’s a bit like a long term zip car. Handy for short monthly leases. But you’re sport on, long term they are no good.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The tracker itself must be down completely. People in US saying they can't access their's either

stesir

First Name
Steinar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Mach-E4X, W Mondeo ST AWD
Occupation
Senior Enginer Telecom/development
Country flag
The tracker itself must be down completely. People in US saying they can't access their's either
Same her to ... Can't Retrieve This VIN

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Same her to ... Can't Retrieve This VIN
Yes same here now and there is now a thread order tracker broken. Looks like Ford have updated their website and our forum tracker will not work until some computer whizz finds the work around.

Dannyboy72

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber blue
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi Everyone. Any idea why First Eds are suddenly available to order on the uk website?! I put in an order for a grabber blue model, which was accepted and my deposit taken. There was a glitch with the finance application and I was asked to contact the dealer to arrange the finance. Spoke to them this morning and they confirmed the order but also knew nothing about FE’s being available again!! The website still lets you order the FE. Anybody else had this?

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
Hi Everyone. Any idea why First Eds are suddenly available to order on the uk website?! I put in an order for a grabber blue model, which was accepted and my deposit taken. There was a glitch with the finance application and I was asked to contact the dealer to arrange the finance. Spoke to them this morning and they confirmed the order but also knew nothing about FE’s being available again!! The website still lets you order the FE. Anybody else had this?
More than likely loads of cancelled orders due to delays!

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Quick question- can you tow with these cars, like a trailer tent for instance? And if so is this a dealer action to fit a tow bar? :)

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Quick question- can you tow with these cars, like a trailer tent for instance? And if so is this a dealer action to fit a tow bar? :)
Max tow of 750kg which isn’t much - tow bars are a dealer fit (see accessories guide in the Wiki for prices) :)

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That's good- it'll keep the wife happy!
Sponsored