davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Yes - and as I've said probably seven or eight times now in this thread - the manual states ....

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 22.45.28.png

but also says this:

Screenshot at Jan 24 22-00-16.png

So at the risk of repeating myself for a tenth time - we cannot conclusively say how the frunk will work until a Customer Production model arrives here, and someone gets to try it out!
Apologies, just noticed the 9th time just after I posted this. Must have missed the other 8!

Subject closed then.

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
They need a minimum of 30 orders of a configuration (ie: FE or ER RWD etc) to start a build, as the factory is batch build. My theory is they haven’t sold 30 FE’s but they have to build them in order to deliver the ones they have sold. So they build 30 and open up the order bank again to try sell the extras they had to build. The timing would back this up, since they all went into production on the 1st March. If they were cancelled orders, you’d likely only be able to order one or two that would have been built already. But they’ve been up and available since the 2nd March and both you and I have ordered and you can still order more. Leads me to believe it’s not cancellations.
got an email yesterday saying mine was now in build. RWD ER

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Simple! Remove the plastic dividers from the frunk and it will know it's gone and the button will become functional! I'm just following the logic of their manual!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Apologies, just noticed the 9th time just after I posted this. Must have missed the other 8!

Subject closed then.
I'm sorry - I don't mean to come across as snarky or annoyed, but I do sometimes feel like a broken record when answering the same questions over and over. That's kinda why I created the Wiki to help new forum members get up to speed on the basics.

I do truly love helping people - it's what makes me want to get up in the morning every day - but I do on rare occasions get really wound up when people start quoting speculation as fact (not you by the way!)

I'll go have a gin and a lie down - it's been a busy week :)

IronAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD SR
Country flag
Buying a house and a mortage shouldn't be too bad.

Credit on cards is where you have real trouble.

How do you know your credit rating is bad?

On Experian is was around 960 and now its 750. I haven't missed any payments but I got a new credit card and it's just dropped loads. Just abit paranoid that it will get rejected hmm.

If you applied for finance through Ford Credit then they would have done a hard search on your credit report. They did for mine. However, if they do another it shouldn't have a detrimental effect because it will be the same company doing another search. Having a mortgage for your main home doesn't affect credit score unless you are in arrears. A second mortgage, say for a buy to let house, would. My report doesn't mention my main mortgage but it did when I had a second one.
Fair enough. Good to hear that I've passed the hard search, let's hope I pass it for the 2nd time aswell ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It's all a bit of an unknown - the UK Owners Manual contradicts itself over this (and many other things)

We won't know for sure until somebody gets one delivered. :)
That's one problem I have come across in all of Ford's manuals. They are all generic and not version or spec specific. It says (if fitted) or (if available) or (if equipped) so you think you are getting something but then reality says your aren't. Like you say, just have to wait and see. You can understand why though. It would cost a fortune to be specific.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I had an average credit score late last year - £15k+ on the cards (zero %)

I paid them off in preparation for an credit applications and now my credit score is 999 out of a possible 999 score.

and I have a very big mortgage.
With Cars you will be fine with the credit score unless you have black marks against you. Reason is it's a debt secured against an asset so if you stop paying they will just turn up and lift the car. Then sell it at auction and pursue you for the shortfall. it's pretty brutal stuff if you don't pay... and not like unsecured debt.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
I'm sorry - I don't mean to come across as snarky or annoyed, but I do sometimes feel like a broken record when answering the same questions over and over. That's kinda why I created the Wiki to help new forum members get up to speed on the basics.

I do truly love helping people - it's what makes me want to get up in the morning every day - but I do on rare occasions get really wound up when people start quoting speculation as fact (not you by the way!)

I'll go have a gin and a lie down - it's been a busy week :)
No problem. Thanks for everything you do and all the information. It is very much appreciated.

We are all so excited about getting our motors. Goodness knows how all you original people to order have gone on!

Think I’ll have a gin as well.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
does anybody know if you can open the frunk with the key fob??? :oops::eek:o_O???????

10's my lucky number ;-)

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
No problem. Thanks for everything you do and all the information. It is very much appreciated.

We are all so excited about getting our motors. Goodness knows how all you original people to order have gone on!

Think I’ll have a gin as well.
The excitement in the air is tangible now that we have some units inbound. I'm really glad people are excited (I know I am)

I think my Mach-E order and this forum have given me a purpose and something to look forward to with all the "c word" stuff going on, and it's what's kept us all going :)

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
does anybody know if you can open the trunk with the key fob??? :oops::eek:o_O???????

10's my lucky number ;-)
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers giphy

The GIF I wanted to use had Cartman in it - but I thought it might be a bit strong LOL

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The excitement in the air is tangible now that we have some units inbound. I'm really glad people are excited (I know I am)

I think my Mach-E order and this forum have given me a purpose and something to look forward to with all the "c word" stuff going on, and it's what's kept us all going :)
yes it has definitely added a bit of fun into life as we rarely go out except for walks and food, haven't seen friends since last summer and can't eat out etc.

annoying following all the 'rules' though and then watching people acting like they don't give a toss.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
I have just looked at the Grimaldi schedule. Grande Houston's has changed and she is now planned to go to Southampton after Antwerp. I wonder ???????
Looking into it in a bit more detail, it also seems the Grande Mediterrano is no longer on the schedule. The discharge voyage for the MSC Immacolata from Antwerp to Southampton also lists the Grande Houston Voyage code.

I think this means the Grande Mediterrano is otherwise occupied, so the Grande Houston and the MSC Immacolata will both offload cars in Antwerp. Then if the Ford QC team are quick enough and work through cars from both ships quickly enough they can all be loaded back onto the Houston. Or else they will wait for the next ship coming from Antwerp to Southampton.

Unfortunately unless there is a change of plan, the quoted 5-10 weeks in Antwerp means our cars won't be loaded back onto the Houston to arrive in Southampton for the predicted 24th March.

I really hope I'm wrong though!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
maybe the team are going to be in southampton to do the QC which is good as we can send Wonky to make sure they do it right.
Sponsored