James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
I suspect the poker will actually be between the industry and the government.

Th government will assume that Ford as an example will subsidise their way out of this.

Ford will be seeking a fair compromise where all orders already placed prior to today will not be affected by this. They are in a strong position as the retail dealers are currently in a very poor situation and this is another huge set back for them.
I agree with that comment and considering the state of the country's finances I am not surprised the government cant afford this looking at the amount of EV coming to market this year and have decided to push some of this to Manufacturers. However, it will definitely send people back to petrol / diesel when I really believed there may be a sweet spot of 2 years when EV incentives were there with the technology to make it usable on a daily basis.

Ford can expect significant cancellations if they don't suck this up one way or another from all these pre-orders considering the already significant risk with a new model / early adopters already causing concern. This car is definitely not a cheap option and the clever marketing (Mustang) wont save it if they have forecourts full of cancelled pre-orders been sold at below RRP.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I was under the impression that this release was all for the account of Ford UK and the dealers would only be paid a small "handover" fee for processing the sale. I cannot believe that any dealer has had to part with any funds when a vehicle has been loaded onto the vessel in Mexico. As you've mentioned previously, nothing that they have done with this release makes any sense BUT if I was a dealer being asked to lump up cash flow for a car that I was going get to minimum profit (if any on) and have to fund the 3 month delivery period, I'd tell Ford where to stick it!

Can't be the case.
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he had someone cancel their RWD SR that is on the IMMACOLATA. He was worried that he was going to be stuck with it but someone else took it at the last minute so it came off his inventory.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
The government guide says:

2.6 A grant is not guaranteed until the vehicle has been validated through the portal.
However, provided that the vehicle is registered, delivered to the customer and the
order reaches "completed", "awaiting payment" or "awaiting audit" status on the grant
portal within 9 months of the date the order is made, any claim placed on the system
for a specific customer is guaranteed the grant at the level advertised at the time the
claim is made.

And

Lead times
3.9 We recognise that some manufacturers have long lead times and in this case the
order should be started as soon as a ‘contract’ has been signed with the customer.
3.10 A grant is not guaranteed until the vehicle has been validated through the portal.
However, provided that the vehicle is registered, delivered to the customer and the
order reaches "completed", "awaiting payment" or "awaiting audit" status on the grant
portal within 9 months from the date the order is made, any claim placed on the
system for a specific customer will be guaranteed to benefit from the grant at the
level advertised at the time the claim is made.

It depends on if they define the "claim is made" when its first logged on the portal (i.e. when customer order is confirmed) or when the actual payment is made.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Let's hope Greenpeace sues and wins like they did with FiT

I must admit I'm going to think about it... might just buy a used car and wait. I'll decide over the next week or two.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he had someone cancel their RWD SR that is on the IMMACOLATA. He was worried that he was going to be stuck with it but someone else took it at the last minute so it came off his inventory.
I assume at the old price of £37k! They might get some bad news today.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
I'm going to sit tight and feel the wording on the user guide implies that any orders which the dealers have already logged on the portal should qualify as per what I've posted above. Reading through the portal instructions it does seem to mean that the claim is "made" when it's logged on the portal and "validated" when car is DVLA registered etc.

So all of us with existing orders will be fine but any new orders will be affected going from today.

As @BlackheathDiggs posted earlier in the stakeholder letter the previous announcement caused a flurry of orders on the 7 hours before the change went live, those orders will not have been DVLA registered in the next 7 hours. So any orders placed before the change went live should qualify fingers crossed!

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
All the 2nd and 3rd orders some folks have placed for the sub 50k models may end up hurting Ford and/or the dealerships with this news. There may be a few heavily discounted MME’s available later in the year.

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Update on mine from Hannah.
Even though I'd previously been advised the car was at part and to be on ship departing 13th of March, Hannah has advised still sitting at docks with no ship currently allocated.
Of course depending on how this grant fiasco plays out they may as well leave it there!

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
I’m definitely not cancelling yet, but I also used “man maths” to calculate my affordability for the mustang. Definitely can’t afford another £3k. I’ve emailed Hannah and hopefully we’ll get the official Ford position imminently. Ever the optimist putting my faith in the extremely poor Ford customer communication “system!”

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So all of us with existing orders will be fine but any new orders will be affected going from today
Of course this all depends on whether our dealers or Ford did actually start the process when we confirmed our orders and signed the contract.
It will be interesting to see where we stand if they didn't

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
3 of us on here had that email. It was an error. Mine has been gate released and is currently showning on Vista as being located in Veracruz so it is waiting to be loaded onto a vessel. The email I received from Hannah said :-

"We are incredibly sorry to worry you. I completely understand how frustrating this is for you, and I hope this information has helped you. Once your order is on a ship, your dealer is able to update you on the shipping progress."

Vista.jpg
On top of everything else today, I had another email from Rebecca this morning (Hannah replied yesterday) saying:

I have double checked. The ship is correct, the Gral Sal Martin is what we have on our system. It is the case for many Mach-E vehicles that will be arriving in Antwerp.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I’m definitely not cancelling yet, but I also used “man maths” to calculate my affordability for the mustang. Definitely can’t afford another £3k. I’ve emailed Hannah and hopefully we’ll get the official Ford position imminently. Ever the optimist putting my faith in the extremely poor Ford customer communication “system!”
I've tried gender neutral, non binary and fluid maths and still wont be paying an extra £3k!

I'm going to sit tight and feel the wording on the user guide implies that any orders which the dealers have already logged on the portal should qualify as per what I've posted above. Reading through the portal instructions it does seem to mean that the claim is "made" when it's logged on the portal and "validated" when car is DVLA registered etc.

So all of us with existing orders will be fine but any new orders will be affected going from today.
I hope you're right and that would explain my dealer saying he has put already the "application in"
but he can not at the moment confirm the deal will be honoured and neither would I based on those terms and conditions we've tried to make sense of.

robert007ssmuel

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-Max, Mach E RWD EX Rapid Red.
Country flag
See you can't build and price up a new order for the Mach E on their web site but even more worrying I can not access my current order on my Ford account. They say it's just updates, let's hope it's them taking £3000 of the price.