grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
You would hope that Ford would not allow a scenario to develop in which someone who placed an order on 17 March could get the grant but an order ‘confirmed’ in December would miss out.

That would seem a pretty perverse situation to be in but I suppose would be par for the course based on this whole experience with Ford and the dealers. UK government involvement only worsens these things!
The worst case scenario for those who confirmed and signed in December is that the government turn round and say "Sorry Ford but if you had registered these orders at the time you wouldn't be in this situation". I will be very surprised but extremely happy if they did allow those orders to be processed. My current car needs an MOT next week, I was just going to have that done, but I think I will have a service done as well just in case.
Sponsored

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
You would hope that Ford would not allow a scenario to develop in which someone who placed an order on 17 March could get the grant but an order ‘confirmed’ in December would miss out.

That would seem a pretty perverse situation to be in but I suppose would be par for the course based on this whole experience with Ford and the dealers. UK government involvement only worsens these things!
That’s crazy if it does. I ordered my black one back in Feb 2020. I just so happened to order a white one also on the 2nd March 2021 to see what would arrive first (plus I’m getting a bit concerned about early builds). If that’s how it plays out I’ll just cancel the black one. Makes no sense though......

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I think they will sat at their calculators number crunching seeing which way out of this situation is going to be the cheapest for them. There might have been 600 vehicles on the GH and IMM but I imagine some of those are cancelled orders. There is at least one from my dealer. There are also the confirmed signed orders that haven't been made yet to take into account. Whichever way you look at it, this is going to be a costly mistake for Ford
I think it's more about not making an announcement that they will cover the £3k as that will reveal their cards and the government will end the negotiation/discussion that's currently going on between Ford and the Government.

The only card they have to play is that their customers are currently looking at a £3k loss - offering to underwrite that and making that public is not in their interests. And could be a couple of million £ lost without a fight. It's the last resort and they wont admit it until they have no over avenues to pursue.

Rod m

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf
Country flag
My ER RWD is showing on vista for delivery at my dealers of the 17/7/21, so much for Pre ordering back in December 2019

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
My ER RWD is showing on vista for delivery at my dealers of the 17/7/21, so much for Pre ordering back in December 2019
Mine jumped back that far when I changed the colour. I had to cancel and place a new order. It's crazy but if you make any changes at all you start at the back on the line. Even though Ford online said it writing it wouldn't affect my delivery date.

I picked up somebody else's cancellation. :-/

WildboarWes

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E RWD ER
Country flag

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Play your cards right there might be a few cancellations coming soon

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
How do you find your order number?
That's the kicker. You get the order number from the tracker and you can't get onto the tracker now without the order number. It used to be that you could get in with just your VIN

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Mine jumped back that far when I changed the colour. I had to cancel and place a new order. It's crazy but if you make any changes at all you start at the back on the line. Even though Ford online said it writing it wouldn't affect my delivery date.

That's half of the problem that we have had all along. FordUK have NO control/influence on what happens in Mexico so they can tell you something, usually what you want to hear, but once the change hits the factory they go off on their own and do their own thing. It appears that the way the MME is made is totally different to what any of us who have factory built cars in the past are made.

stesir

First Name
Steinar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Mach-E4X, W Mondeo ST AWD
Occupation
Senior Enginer Telecom/development
Country flag
That's the kicker. You get the order number from the tracker and you can't get onto the tracker now without the order number. It used to be that you could get in with just your VIN
Ford has closed the possibility to track for new users who have not taken a picture of Tracker ID or registered MME in Forum order, - IF not, someone will find out where we can find this internal number. I have not called to find it in the web pages, or code, - anyone who can?

Rod m

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf
Country flag

No no change on order or colour but feels like I jumped to the back of the queue,
Pre order LMAO?????

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Just remember though folks that cancel and reorder means you will definitely pay the extra £3k
Have not cancelled yet. If I do though I will not be reordering from Ford.
I may change over to the car with the biggest Diesel engine I can afford....plus I’ll stop recycling and use more plastic bottles! That’ll show them! ?
Sponsored