Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
Visited dealer today for test drive. Apparently they were told this morning no test drives, jsut a walk round and sit in. Big disappointment but anyway it is nice - even better in the flesh than any of the videos.

Dealer explained that re the £3K, if the car was registered with OLEV (by the dealer) prior to 17 Feb then there wasa no problem - OLEV would still cover it. Any between 17 Feb and 17 March are under discussion and it is not clear what is happening with them re OLEV but he only had one in that situation and it wasn't mine! He also confirmed that all 11 of his orders are sitting in Antwerp and gave me a printout of the Vista detals which shw an ETA of w/e 22 May, a week earlier than originally expected.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Visited dealer today for test drive. Apparently they were told this morning no test drives, jsut a walk round and sit in. Big disappointment but anyway it is nice - even better in the flesh than any of the videos.

Dealer explained that re the £3K, if the car was registered with OLEV (by the dealer) prior to 17 Feb then there wasa no problem - OLEV would still cover it. Any between 17 Feb and 17 March are under discussion and it is not clear what is happening with them re OLEV but he only had one in that situation and it wasn't mine! He also confirmed that all 11 of his orders are sitting in Antwerp and gave me a printout of the Vista detals which shw an ETA of w/e 22 May, a week earlier than originally expected.
And any not registered with OLEV but ordered before 17th March will still get £3000 off. It'll be covered by Ford.

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
Original specification clearly shows puddle lights on the SR RWD.

Some more good news!

Happy Easter.
39F9D420-9BB1-4F39-8F41-179244786EEC.png
They did have rapid red. I didn't take a photo as it shows up very differently in different lights/photos/videos.
Pictures and videos galore please!
If they have the rapid red there, if you are able to compare the red on it to a kuga red or other reds, I'd really appreciate it.

Point of conversation in our house this evening, puddle lights. Are they only on the cars with folding mirrors? I'm pretty sure I don't get them (rwd sr) although I'd love them, but I don't know for sure. Anyone?
They did have rapid red but no photos. There was a smaller car in the showroom but dunno if it was a Kuga - forgot to look. Sorry. However it was what I'd call a tomato soup red while the MME was more metallic - I have a Mazda in soul red and it is very similar to that. Very nice.

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
There was also a techy from Ford in the showroom who confused me. He seemed to be saying that the Ford Pass app would get you into the vehivle but not start it.....so just a phone as half a key. But he also said that AT THE MOMENT they were planning to only provide one fob but that may have changed by the time they are delivered. I just decided to wait and see and order another fob if necessary

robert007ssmuel

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-Max, Mach E RWD EX Rapid Red.
Country flag
Home charger. I'm sure this has been covered, but can I ask what home charger you're all going for. Any one considering the Ford charger.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
There was also a techy from Ford in the showroom who confused me. He seemed to be saying that the Ford Pass app would get you into the vehivle but not start it.....so just a phone as half a key. But he also said that AT THE MOMENT they were planning to only provide one fob but that may have changed by the time they are delivered. I just decided to wait and see and order another fob if necessary
I asked this question on one of the Facebook live events, and the answer was that at least to begin with, here in the UK we won't get the facility to use a phone as a key, so we will get 2 fobs instead.

I take back my comment earlier about my dealer when I said I probably wouldn't get an email reply - I actually got a phone call - I'm in shock!!! And my car is now showing delivery w/e 29th May, a week earlier than my original date!

PMAWB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD
Country flag
Home charger. I'm sure this has been covered, but can I ask what home charger you're all going for. Any one considering the Ford charger.
[/QU
I was told Ford wallbox would not be available until late 2021 so I have installed Ohme Intelligent box.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
At least some MME's have been built and are close to being delivered.
14.805, to be exact:) 6709 of them in March, which was up 74 per cent compared to February.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
lots of chat about this.... best search but Ford has issues with their charger. Personally I’m going Zappi as it diverts surplus Solar to the car.

For me that’s 80 miles a day for nine months of the year on sunny days at least.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Both are sr models and there will be test drives in the england tour. 1 hour slots and as it is the SR I wont make it disappear!

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
question for you all- I'm edging towards ordering a MME, just waiting to see one in the flesh mid May at Plymouth. But if we like what we see then it's a done deal!

So, ever the optimist I'm now thinking about chargers. I have a Rolec one installed which we used when we had a Leaf. But I keep reading comments about the Zappi unit diverting energy from your solar panels to charge the car, but I'm confused- we have 20 panels on the roof (10 front, 10 back as our house is N-S) Surely as we're generating, any energy being pumped into the house will go wherever there's a demand at the time? What does a Zappi do that's any different?

Also, having had a grant for a charger some 5 years ago can I get a new grant for a new car? At least I assume I had a grant- the Leaf was a year old and I only had to pay £250 towards the charger and installation.

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Personal preference but I prefer tethered. Unfortunately many of the tethered units don't appear to have wrap around which I want to keep neat as possible. From researching, I'm down to 2 options. Podpoint or zappi (even though I've no solar to benefit). Probably edging towards zappi. I actually like the look of the ford unit which looks like a rebadged elvi but I can't see it in the the approved olev list and lack of information about earthing/voltage monitoring rules it out for me. I don't want to have to pay for earth rod and unsurprisingly Ford have not been able to adequately answer my queries.

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
I asked this question on one of the Facebook live events, and the answer was that at least to begin with, here in the UK we won't get the facility to use a phone as a key, so we will get 2 fobs instead.

I take back my comment earlier about my dealer when I said I probably wouldn't get
Both are sr models and there will be test drives in the england tour. 1 hour slots and as it is the SR I wont make it disappear!
I hope your test drive goes ahead. I was due to have one today but was told the dealership had received word from Ford this morning that there weren't to be any - maybe just bs but cant see any reason for it - there was one in the showroom and two in the forecourt so can't see why they would stop them today when they had been doing them yesterday. Who knows?

an email reply - I actually got a phone call - I'm in shock!!! And my car is now showing delivery w/e 29th May, a week earlier than my original date!

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Thanks Steve- it has helped. Apparently you can have 2 grants for 2 separate chargers if you add another EV. Also it applies to grants after 1/10/16. I bought my Leaf at the end of 03/16. I think I can claim therefore.

But what is the actual advantage of a Zappi compared to my existing Rolec?
Sponsored