Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
Look at it this way. As yours is a later build it might have all the necessary "additional QC checks " already done. Apparently the 12v battery issue is only for cars built before 3 February
Fingers crossed
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
it can get to Antwerp mid April - you just have to travel through the Africa-Antwerp time portal.

Or they can hire a big aircraft. it's do-able.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Cotonou - Antwerp, 4574NM @14 knots = 13.6 days
Lagos - Antwerp, 4653NM @14 knots = 13.8 days
Davisville - Antwerp, 3599NM @ 14 knots = 10.7 days
Baltimore - Antwerp, 4247NM @ 14 knots = 12.6 days
Antwerp - Southampton,203NM @ 14 knots = 0.6 days

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Looks like we won't see the cars in Antwerp until between 20th and 26th April depending on length of stops. No way my estimated date at dealer of W/E 5th June will happen then. Shame. I'm off too Wales on the 11th and wanted to test the range.
do they have electrons in Wales?

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
What was I thinking talking about logical. See response from Concierge below, cars are still on the GSM and going to Antwerp via Africa...

Screenshot_20210406-131116_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Then someone or something is incorrect.

Grande Halifax, with NL Shipmentnumber and VIN = VOYAGE GHL0321S

Gral.San Martin (STX Oriole) + NL Shipment number + VIN =
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers qBJBPperZho5qddSazhTwL22

Which shows GHL021S
Oh wait... isnt that the same VOYAGE GHL0321S as VIN's on the Grande Halifax ?
Starting at Baltimore > Antwerp.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Slightly different topic. Our other vehicle is a Renault Zoe and yesterday we had an urgent family issue that necessitated a 300 mile round trip. The Zoe has a WLTP rating of something like 245 miles, but real world in slightly chilly weather at 65mph is more like 130 miles.

We have done longer trips in it before but this was our worst experience yet with the UK charging network. I'm pretty good at planning so generally we know where we will stop to charge, and I make sure I have backup options. In this case the planning was definitely needed.

• Stop 1a: Polar at Coldra Court Hotel. Approx 30miles range remaining. Charger accessed ok, and it appeared to be operational. No response on touch screen though, and no response to the app when the app tried to wake it up. Time to move to backup
  • Stop 1b: Polar across the road at a Holiday Inn. Someone pulled up in a Jag iPace right a couple mins before us and they only charge one car at a time
  • Stop 1c: Polar at Newport Holiday Inn express. Remaining charge 15 miles. It started charging then decided the car wasn't attached. We repositioned the car to ensure zero tension on the cable and it started working. 1 hour later we left with about 80% charge (Zoe starts charging pretty fast but tapers away quickly)
That little drama took about 90 minutes, but we had time and factor this kind of BS into our EV trips!

• Stop 2: After an out and back to deal with family business we stopped at the same place as stop 1c above to top-up for the return journey. All good, we were watching the charging station on the app as we approached so we could divert if it became occupied as we were inbound. We decided to pick up the journey speed to 70mph and factor in an additional stop. We had enough charge to make it all the way home if we wanted to do 60mph down the motorway.
All good on Stop 2.

• Stop 3: I was feeling tired, so decided to stop for a cat nap. In an EV we don't like stopping unless we are charging so thought we'd try an expensive Ecotricity stop for 10-15 mins. After 20 minutes getting setup on the app and getting stuck in a loop with the charging stations (there were two and neither worked) we decided to get back in the car and carry on. So much for the "Electric Highway" that Ecotricity call themselves!!
  • Stop 4: We paused for the Polar station at Exeter Racecourse. This was on route and worked just fine but is only open when the racecourse car park is open, so no good for out of hours emergencies. 10 minutes here gave us enough juice to test the speed limit a couple of times on the final leg :)

We choose and occasionally subscribe to Polar because the rate is reasonable, so use them first and consider all other stations backup options.

We didn't find all this particularly stressful because we factored in the extra journey and charging time and had backup options ready to go. A long EV journey is an awful lot more complicated than a journey in an ICE vehicle, but I imagine most here know that.

In conclusion (nothing new here!!) the UK charging infrastructure has a long way to go and we need a lot more multi-car charging sites, with charging points in every car park and 100% reliable charging points with a support network before EV usage can become anywhere near mainstream. It's going to be a painful few years before we get there.....
Electric Highway is a waste on time on CCS. Their network was build for CHAdeMO and then modified and patched for CCS.

I'll only use once GridServe have swapped out all the units...

Worst thing is Electric Highway are legally blocking BP from using their chargers at their filling stations. I think Vince is a bit of a crook, but I'm no fan of BP either mind you.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Then someone or something is incorrect.

Grande Halifax, with NL Shipmentnumber and VIN = VOYAGE GHL0321S

Gral.San Martin (STX Oriole) + NL Shipment number + VIN =
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers qBJBPperZho5qddSazhTwL22

Which shows GHL021S
Oh wait... isnt that the same VOYAGE GHL0321S as VIN's on the Grande Halifax ?
Starting at Baltimore > Antwerp.
Or the "shipping team" are telling a bare faced lie.

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
Or the "shipping team" are telling a bare faced lie.
I just don't believe ANY info from Ford. I broached the subject with Hannah last week and she was close to being rude in the reply.

Love the comment "They are not going anywhere near Lagos"

I do feel sorry for the BS they are being fed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 15.20.45

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Those of you following the Gral San Martin saga, @makooy has managed to work out the UK shipment number to use on the Grimaldi site: S3-20058907

Here's my screen shot showing what looks like a clear vessel swap over to the Grande Halifax

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1617726912873
Sponsored