EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Nice pic ?Even with the measuring I think the only way I will definitely know if it will get up the drive without ending up like the Ever Green will be to try my own or demo when it arrives at the dealer. Hopefully it won't end up stuck although should not cost me 900 million to release it ?.
Don't know if you could phone orpington and explain your situation and rearrange before they move on, and try it with your drive. Wouldn't want be you if it gets wedged though.
Sponsored

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Iā€™ve just done the test drive in Glasgow. Echo what everyone has said about the car looks, the drive etc. Fabulous car. One thing I will add though is I got to see one of the black RWD cars with the 18ā€œ wheels. It was sitting beside a grey one. And after seeing it Iā€™m cancelling my black order and will be going with the second car Iā€™ve ordered. Will mean waiting extra couple of months but I donā€™t mind. The black one lost (in my opinion ) some of the coupe look and didnā€™t look as imposing as the other colours (they had a red one too). Donā€™t like the 18ā€œ alloys either. Theyā€™ll be getting changed. Apart from all that love the car and im sure those that havenā€™t seen it will will love it too.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Hi @jongodfrey

My MME (another RWD ER) is also in Antwerp in Stage 2 of checking ?

I have tried the various VIN trackers but without success, and likewise with the F12 browser checks.

Apologies if I have missed something in this thread, but am I able to set-up a Ford Pass App account just using my VIN? Or would I need to link it somehow to my Ford UK account?

And/or, can I add my MME to my Ford Account at this stage?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
David
Hi David,

Yes you need the VIN for the App and then you need to ā€œactivateā€ the vehicle but that means approval of the activation in the actual car.

I few of us have been lucky that someone has approved the request presumably when testing the car. Itā€™s pure luck somebody hit approve the link.

I must have requested it a dozen times before I was lucky. I think normally this would only happen after delivery.

I donā€™t think Iā€™m supposed to have been able to connect up to be honest.

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I am definitely having my test drive not spending this sort of money without some idea if I like the car in reality not just pics and video. I have my issue with my steep drive which I have documented previously so need to check that out although would need it for hour as I am 40min round trip from the orpington garage. So looks like I will be there with my tape measure and a prayer ??ā€ā™‚
It has a low ground clearance - 6inches if I remember correctly. Sounds like that might be an issue?

Last edited:

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Iā€™ve just done the test drive in Glasgow. Echo what everyone has said about the car looks, the drive etc. Fabulous car. One thing I will add though is I got to see one of the black RWD cars with the 18ā€œ wheels. It was sitting beside a grey one. And after seeing it Iā€™m cancelling my black order and will be going with the second car Iā€™ve ordered. Will mean waiting extra couple of months but I donā€™t mind. The black one lost (in my opinion ) some of the coupe look and didnā€™t look as imposing as the other colours (they had a red one too). Donā€™t like the 18ā€œ alloys either. Theyā€™ll be getting changed. Apart from all that love the car and im sure those that havenā€™t seen it will will love it too.
Good to hear your thoughts but I hope you left the car in one piece for the rest of us!?

Im glad to see that theyā€™ve got the red one on show as itā€™s the one Iā€™ve went for and will be good to hopefully see it in the flesh!

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Good to hear your thoughts but I hope you left the car in one piece for the rest of us!?

Im glad to see that theyā€™ve got the red one on show as itā€™s the one Iā€™ve went for and will be good to hopefully see it in the flesh!
Haha. Yeh all in one piece mate. ?. Red one was in the showroom and they were using it for a fb live event. That was an AWD ER so had everything on it. Looked superb in red. Must admit. i drove the AWD SR. great to drive. Plenty of acceleration when required. Youā€™ll have a blast. As I was last customer for the evening he told me to take it out for as long as I want, so after spending 25 mins looking at the cars, I then went out for a 50 min drive. cant Fault the car one bit. apart From thosr 18ā€ alloys which just donā€™t do it for me. my two older sons who were with me liked them though so all Down to personal preference. Let me know how you get on.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It has a low ground clearance - 6inches if I remember correctly. Sounds like that might be an issue?
Yep if you hear one of the orpington cars is out of action Saturday it will be because its beached on my drive ?

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Is there much point in test drives now? Dave went up to Preston, took great photos and a great review. As have most other reviews.

With the exception of a few people who have negative comments and from what I've seen aren't relevant to my way of thinking, the reviews are all good.
Iā€™d still do it Steve.

I hadnā€™t driven an EV before and also wanted to see it for myself.

I loved every minute and canā€™t wait to get mine.

Looks like yours doesnā€™t need as many things done to it so your delivery is nearly 3 weeks ahead of mine.

I finally ordered my wall box charger today. I chose a Zappi to go with my solar panels. Itā€™s being fitted 26/04.

Everything is coming together now.... excited!!

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
Forgot one of the most important snippets.

The Ford representative told me the Mach E is capable of fully autonomous driving.

He also said this will be released as an OTA Update and will be Free Of Charge!

Now, given Fordā€™s communication history, Iā€™ll take this with a pinch of salt! ??
Previous reports have quoted it as $600 for the ota in the US

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
That hands free driving needs roads that are already mapped. It doesnā€™t say anything about any mapping outside the US.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Iā€™d still do it Steve.

I hadnā€™t driven an EV before and also wanted to see it for myself.

I loved every minute and canā€™t wait to get mine.

Looks like yours doesnā€™t need as many things done to it so your delivery is nearly 3 weeks ahead of mine.

I finally ordered my wall box charger today. I chose a Zappi to go with my solar panels. Itā€™s being fitted 26/04.

Everything is coming together now.... excited!!
cheers, I suspect it's down to my ship being there first. The Grand Houston.

With Whitney tracks playing throughout the journey meant the captain got to Antwerp as quickly as possible to give his ears a rest.