BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
I was told that something was supposed to be happening this week but didn't want to give false hope. It might still not happen. Not totally sure on WHAT was going to happen. Could be they are going to open GT order book. ;)
Let's hope it's a plan to bring a big shiny ship full of MMEs over the Channel, with much fanfare on arrival!
Sponsored

BazzaFFC

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E RWD LR
Country flag
Well ive just been told my car is on the Grande Baltimora which is due into Antwerp around the 16th May

Hopefully when it arrives it will force some of the cars waiting to leave?

Last edited:

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I've had a pending activation request in place on the FordPass app for ages, and then out of the blue this morning at 3.10am it finally errored out. Now every subsequent request fails after about 2 or 3 minutes with this error. Is this the same as everyone else gets when they submit a request?

IMG_5710.jpeg
Yes mine did exactly that but then all of a sudden I got a message to say "your activation request has been accepted". I then got THREE emails telling me the same, which suggests the request stays open. Mine was approved many days after I made my last App request.

So you'd hope that the same might happen. The driver gets in to move the car and has a 50/50 choice to accept or reject the request. I was lucky I guess.

Of course, if Ford read this they will ask them not to accept the requests. They wouldn't want us knowing stuff that was going on! ;-)

In my view it's worth trying every three days or so.

If it is accepted you can switch your car on and off but ONLY twice before driving it. Now all I can do is lock and unlock the doors and send charging schedules and the such.

Cars are store unlocked so I suggest you don't leave them locked as yours might be "stuck" in Antwerp.

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Yes mind did exactly that but then all of a sudden I got a message to say "your activation request has been accepted". I then got THREE emails telling me the same, which suggests the request stays open. Mine was approved many days after I made my last App request.

So you'd hope that the same might happen. The driver gets in to move the car and has a 50/50 choice to accept or reject the request. I was lucky I guess.

Of course, if Ford read this they will ask them not to accept the requests. They wouldn't want us knowing stuff that was going on! ;-)

In my view it's worth trying every three days or so.

If it is accepted you can switch you can on and off but ONLY twice before driving it. Now all I can do is lock and unlock the doors and send charging schedules and the such.

Cars are store unlocked so I suggest you don't leave them locked as yous might be "stuck" in Antwerp.
And by doing this you might have activated the modem. You only get 3 months or 3GB of data so you might lose that if the cars take much longer

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
My activation request used to reject in a few minutes when in Mexico. Then a couple of weeks back I tried again and it was pending for ages! Must have been post QA checks, but last night it finally rejected again. Any new requests are again rejected within a few minutes like they did when in Mexico.

I'd assumed that as it's been two weeks since my PDI my car has gone into deep sleep. My Volvo does that after 14 days.

But if it's happening to others too maybe something is happening with the cars...

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
And by doing this you might have activated the modem. You only get 3 months or 3GB of data so you might lose that if the cars take much longer
No, I went through this process. You register for in car 4g wifi with Vodafone and then you get an wifi option in the app to Start the three month trial. I chose NOT to start it.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
My activation request used to reject in a few minutes when in Mexico. Then a couple of weeks back I tried again and it was pending for ages! Must have been post QA checks, but last night it finally rejected again. Any new requests are again rejected within a few minutes like they did when in Mexico.

I'd assumed that as it's been two weeks since my PDI my car has gone into deep sleep. My Volvo does that after 14 days.

But if it's happening to others too maybe something is happening with the cars...
The car sleeps automatically after 10 days. I can see that in my App. This is when I remote started it to wake it up. It worked at first but went back in to sleep mode after 24 hours. You only get TWO chance to remote start it before driving it so I can no longer start mine. I can still lock and unlock it.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag

Mine did exactly this. I think the 4g is better in the EU :)

markpilky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mache on order
Country flag
Can I join the 12th June club please? Just been put back from 5th June. No reason given and silence received when I asked for a reason.

In other news... my dealer has now confirmed a test drive for me!! 8 days to wait...

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Can I join the 12th June club please? Just been put back from 5th June. No reason given and silence received when I asked for a reason.

In other news... my dealer has now confirmed a test drive for me!! 8 days to wait...
If this keeps up, w/e 12 June is going to be a very busy week. Personally I don't think we have heard the last of date changes unfortunately.

Got my test drive on Saturday, so those of you who have them tomorrow, please be careful. :D

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
I've had a pending activation request in place on the FordPass app for ages, and then out of the blue this morning at 3.10am it finally errored out. Now every subsequent request fails after about 2 or 3 minutes with this error. Is this the same as everyone else gets when they submit a request?

IMG_5710.jpeg
Same with me