grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Good shout. She wasn't showing up on the tracker earlier. Only showing as a freighter. No details. Maybe she has just started her engines ready to sail. Berthed on the same jetty as Forenso so they could be working together. Even better
Although I still think FORENSO will be the first to leave. She arrived yesterday afternoon whereas TOSSA arrived this morning just after midnight
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Here is an idea for you all - taking it from someone who trades (and holds) cryptos successfully.
Get your car on finance and (if you was buying outright) and put half the car purchase price in Bitcoin and use the other half to draw down on your car payments
Bitcoin is currently trading at $55000. In a few years, it will be $250000 under estimated and easily achieved. Letā€™s remember, it was $4000 last March and it only has a $1 trillion market cap.
in short, gamble your car money!

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Iā€™ll tell you all as soon as my car comes out of ā€œDeep Sleepā€. Donā€™t for get we have a spy assuming they donā€™t disconnect me. I can also see any GPS changes.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
Here is a question, is anybody concerned about all this salt air for months on a brand new car? I guess there are less things to corrode on an EV but I would never buy a used car that was from the coast.
As this drama plays out feels like I'm going to get a 9 month old car (built dec) vs a brand new one.
On the other hand I guess usually when you bought a new car you wouldn't have all this "back story"

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Are you suggesting a Tossa will deliver our cars!
There is a good chance the these 2 inland barges will take some of our cars to Vlissingen and then they will go to Dagenham from there. The ships that are favourite for me to do that run are WILHELMINE or ADELINE.

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It could also be $4000 again in a few years.
And @SteveUk
Always makes me laugh. I was the one in 2018 telling people to get into crypto.
it was in the deep depths of a shitty gutter when I was telling people. For years up until 2020 people where saying,ā€˜howā€™s the funny moneyā€™, ā€˜howā€™s your crypto share thingy doingā€™ and other words to those effects followed by a snigger. Since then, have I heard a word? Not a peak!

Will it go to $4k again? Maybe. As likely as Apple and Amazon will to go $5 a share.

Since the2017 hype cycle,Wall street and banks / institutions and governments have been beating FUD on cryptos. They are now embracing them all and offering pension funds and products.

with respect and not having a go, your comments come out of uneducated thin air as far as cryptos go. Iā€™m sure youā€™re the guys who look back and thought, ā€˜imagine if we bought shares in Amazon,Apple, Netflix back then .....
history repeats

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
Here is an idea for you all - taking it from someone who trades (and holds) cryptos successfully.
Get your car on finance and (if you was buying outright) and put half the car purchase price in Bitcoin and use the other half to draw down on your car payments
Bitcoin is currently trading at $55000. In a few years, it will be $250000 under estimated and easily achieved. Letā€™s remember, it was $4000 last March and it only has a $1 trillion market cap.
Extremely risky. Needs to come with the caveat that you have to be prepared and be able to afford to lose every penny of your investment.
Personally I invest some of my money in crypto, but started with a small amount that I could afford to lose and now only use money generated by that investment to further invest in crypto. If it goes to zero tomorrow then Iā€™ll be sad but it wonā€™t effect me financially in any way that matters.

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
And @SteveUk
Always makes me laugh. I was the one in 2018 telling people to get into crypto.
it was in the deep depths of a shitty gutter when I was telling people. For years up until 2020 people where saying,ā€˜howā€™s the funny moneyā€™, ā€˜howā€™s your crypto share thingy doingā€™ and other words to those effects followed by a snigger. Since then, have I heard a word? Not a peak!

Will it go to $4k again? Maybe. As likely as Apple and Amazon will to go $5 a share.

Since the2017 hype cycle,Wall street and banks / institutions and governments have been beating FUD on cryptos. They are now embracing them all and offering pension funds and products.

with respect and not having a go, your comments come out of uneducated thin air as far as cryptos go. Iā€™m sure youā€™re the guys who look back and thought, ā€˜imagine if we bought shares in Amazon,Apple, Netflix back then .....
history repeats
As far asā€unedicatedā€ and ā€œthin airā€ you need to be careful there. Those comments werenā€™t aimed at me but past investment success is no guarantee of future gains and telling people to invest potentially all their savings in crypto is astoundingly bad advice.

If it all goes well for you feel free to tell me ā€œI told you soā€ because I really wonā€™t care ?

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
As far asā€unedicatedā€ and ā€œthin airā€ you need to be careful there. Those comments werenā€™t aimed at me but past investment success is no guarantee of future gains and telling people to invest potentially all their savings in crypto is astoundingly bad advice.

If it all goes well for you feel free to tell me ā€œI told you soā€ because I really wonā€™t care ?
Totally agree, as someone who built a miner in 2013, spent the money on Electric; probably broke even back then trading a few coins It's clear it's not a certainty.

I did however just find 0.2 Bitcoin in an old wallet on my PC and that was immediately sold to pay the deposit on my Mach E and some crazy amount 45k GBP a Bitcoin.... if only I had more. The thing is had I found it 3 or 5 years ago, I would have sold it then, 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k a bitcoin as I struggle to have it compute in my head what it is. Some people have done really well, too risky for me that's for sure to use real money.

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
What is flushing? I hear it all the time. Previous mustang forums used the term 'under spray' what is this and why is it part of the sequence?

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME RWD ER, Kawasaki ER6N, '15 e-Golf
Country flag
What is flushing? I hear it all the time. Previous mustang forums used the term 'under spray' what is this and why is it part of the sequence?
The port in Flushing(Vlissingen), Holland

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Totally agree, as someone who built a miner in 2013, spent the money on Electric; probably broke even back then trading a few coins It's clear it's not a certainty.

I did however just find 0.2 Bitcoin in an old wallet on my PC and that was immediately sold to pay the deposit on my Mach E and some crazy amount 45k GBP a Bitcoin.... if only I had more. The thing is had I found it 3 or 5 years ago, I would have sold it then, 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k a bitcoin as I struggle to have it compute in my head what it is. Some people have done really well, too risky for me that's for sure to use real money.
Nice to hear someone who understands it a little. I have a lot on a ledger for my boys so it will give them a healthy start to life, perhaps even pay their mortgage off.

I'm not going to continue this here - it is a Mach E forum after all. But here is food for thought....

Whoever here thinks the current FIAT money is king is deluded. In the 70s, money was pegged Gold as a store of value. FIAT, as we know it now is pegged to thin air and only worth the number it has on the paper it is wrote. Money as we know it is dysfunctional and why so many people are slipping into poverty - they print it so it is inflationary. Bitcoin is deflationary and mathematically capped and can't just turn the printer on like do with FIAT.
Sponsored