Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I think that was one of the problems Ford had with this online system. If you had more than 1 preorder the system got confused and couldn't cope. Luckily for me when I changed from RWD SR to RWD ER the esales team changed the order for me so I didn't have to cancel and start again, although it took forever for the change to take place on my ford account. Maybe that was because I only changed the battery size and nothing else. Besides that, although I preorderd online, my deposit went straight to my dealers account. My card statement gave the dealers name not Ford's. So as far as I am aware if your order has been cancelled then the dealer SHOULD give you your deposit back. I have heard that some dealers have not been cancelling orders so that they can take delivery of the "cancelled" cars and sell them on instead of them going back to Ford. Maybe that is what is happening and your dealer can't give you a refund because Ford might query the refund without a cancellation. Just a thought
I don't think this is the case. They were also really slow in actioning the cancellation. I think it possibly was system related but early orders were placed before their systems were ready. It took them over two months for the page to change to "cancelled" and they have never returned the money.

"there’s a time limit - you get 120 days from when you first notice a problem." is what I got when I looked up chargeback.

With the amount of emails - could that be 1/2 hour per email to be claimed back of your time?
I have told them my day rate is £1200 and I have wasted over a day in time... 78 emails now I have counted, although most are auto response. I'll only claim my costs if they are silly and let it go to court. I probably could also pursue Mastercard as technically my contract is with them.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Bit of advice please!

After our test drive tomorrow, if we really like the car I expect we'll go ahead with our order. Eventually we'll have to decide how to pay for it. Normally I'd pay cash.
We're retired with various pensions and healthy savings. We own our house and just have household bills to pay.

But what is most efficient? The car iwould be ours lock, stock and barrel, and in a couple of years if we want to trade up we would just p/ex it.

My question is, is this more efficient than a PCP? After all money on deposit earns naff all so we aren't losing much, just depreciation. But we haven't got an agreed value for when we want to change. I'm a technical guy and accountancy is not my thing!
If you have loads of savings earning paltry interest like most people then paying cash is very tempting!

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you have loads of savings earning paltry interest like most people then paying cash is very tempting!

Well that's what I think- just wanted confirmation thanks!

Carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e awd
Occupation
Process operator
Country flag
Anybody in the uk received there order yet ? Mine has been in antwerp since March , have been told end of May but no update on my ford account ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
After having a short ceremony involving a crystal ball and the help of Septic Peg I got a dealer update this evening. (sorry Tim if you’re reading this - but you be dang slow to return my calls!)

The outcome? I am now a fully paid up member of the 5th June club according to Vista.

Are we sure it isn’t just taking today’s date and adding 4 weeks every time? ? ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Anybody in the uk received there order yet ? Mine has been in antwerp since March , have been told end of May but no update on my ford account ?
Not yet - unfortunately they are all in Mach-E prison in Antwerp. Ford UK are scrapping around to find the bail bond money required to break them out.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
After having a short ceremony involving a crystal ball and the help of Septic Peg I got a dealer update this evening. (sorry Tim if you’re reading this - but you be dang slow to return my calls!)

The outcome? I am now a fully paid up member of the 5th June club according to Vista.

Are we sure it isn’t just taking today’s date and adding 4 weeks every time? ? ?
No that's too simple. My theory is that the first person into the staff canteen on a Monday morning throws a dart at the calender on the wall and the date it lands on is the new eta at dealer date. On another tack, personally speaking, I believe that some of us will be getting our cars sooner that we think. ;) ;)

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
No that's too simple. My theory is that the first person into the staff canteen on a Monday morning throws a dart at the calender on the wall and the date it lands on is the new eta at dealer date. On another tack, personally speaking, I believe that some of us will be getting our cars sooner that we think. ;) ;)
It always makes me slightly nervous when @portlandg starts winking at the end of a statement. ??

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I've received my Ford charging pass card with a lovely photo of the mache on the cover leaflet.

I'm starting to think this car purchase is like those amazon scams where you think you're buying something but it turns out you've just bought a photo of it ... and for £47k that's one hell of a scam!

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
I put a second order in today for a Grabber Blue FE. Lead time was 10 weeks which made me believe that like my first order, it was someone else's cancellation I've picked up.

However, while on my first order I immediately got a VIN, this time I haven't yet. My dealer thinks it's just a delay while Vista updates and it's very likely the car is made and at Antwerp.

I thought the same, however the lack of a VIN does have me a little nervous. They can't still be producing runs of RHD First Editions can they? Surely they're all built and shipped...

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
Bit of advice please!

After our test drive tomorrow, if we really like the car I expect we'll go ahead with our order. Eventually we'll have to decide how to pay for it. Normally I'd pay cash.
We're retired with various pensions and healthy savings. We own our house and just have household bills to pay.

But what is most efficient? The car iwould be ours lock, stock and barrel, and in a couple of years if we want to trade up we would just p/ex it.

My question is, is this more efficient than a PCP? After all money on deposit earns naff all so we aren't losing much, just depreciation. But we haven't got an agreed value for when we want to change. I'm a technical guy and accountancy is not my thing!
I hope you get longer than me on your test drive Tony. Matt has double booked my slot and reckons I’ll only get 20 minutes. They aren’t exactly making me feel like a valued customer in any way shape or form!

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
I put a second order in today for a Grabber Blue FE. Lead time was 10 weeks which made me believe that like my first order, it was someone else's cancellation I've picked up.

However, while on my first order I immediately got a VIN, this time I haven't yet. My dealer thinks it's just a delay while Vista updates and it's very likely the car is made and at Antwerp.

I thought the same, however the lack of a VIN does have me a little nervous. They can't still be producing runs of RHD First Editions can they? Surely they're all built and shipped...
I'm my limited experience (my business partner and I ordered 4 cars between us and ended up with cancellations at various stages of their production/shipping)...

20+ weeks is a car yet to be built,
14-16 weeks is a car already built but still in Mexico
10-14 weeks is a car that's already shipped and either at port in Veracruz, on a boat, or at Antwerp.

Obviously Ford haven't actually stuck to any of the above times for our orders.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I'm my limited experience (my business partner and I ordered 4 cars between us and ended up with cancellations at various stages of their production/shipping)...

20+ weeks is a car yet to be built,
14-16 weeks is a car already built but still in Mexico
10-14 weeks is a car that's already shipped and either at port in Veracruz, on a boat, or at Antwerp.

Obviously Ford haven't actually stuck to any of the above times for our orders.
Taking what I have been reading and watching about the semiconductor shortage I would hazard a guess and say that if you order a car and it hasn't been built yet you are likely to be looking at a lot more than 20 weeks. Ford, and other manufacturers, are shutting down plants for a number of weeks in some cases until July. A lot of us have been waiting since beginning of Dec, when ours were built, and that was before the chip shortage.
Sponsored