Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Will be interesting to see if tomorrow we are all moved to the 19/6/21 as it seems we slip 1 week every week. Have already given up hope that I will be doing my road trip to Skye from west wales in the Mach e on the 17/6/21. Never expected I would say that when I ordered back last year.:mad::mad:
Iā€™m already there with a eta of 19/6/21ā€¦ ā˜¹Got told that by my dealer a couple of weeks ago and Iā€™ve not had the guts to call back for any more updates! Not sure if Iā€™m the founding member of that ā€˜clubā€™!?

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
As the excitement is mounting with the rumours that cars may be on the move, if only back to Compound In, my thoughts are dreaming of ...... how am I going to pay for this car ?

So, as a slight distraction from our usual worries of bouncing cars, buzzing clusters and badly fitted panoramic roofs, I thought I would ask about PCP ?

I have usually paid cash (well the bank loan has!) for a new car but am seriously considering the Ford PCP plan. My excel skills have shown that the bank loan versus Ford's finance broadly costs the same - assuming purely for comparison purposes that the final payment is made to own the car, rather than handing it back.

Given this, what are people's experience and views on PCP, pros and cons?

Any thoughts would be appreciated ?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Just a thought, how can they update the friction brake modulation? Everyone who had a car is use to a certain strength of friction brake. After a new update the car would not brake as fast so could lead to some accidents. Isnā€™t that dangerous.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
As the excitement is mounting with the rumours that cars may be on the move, if only back to Compound In, my thoughts are dreaming of ...... how am I going to pay for this car ?

So, as a slight distraction from our usual worries of bouncing cars, buzzing clusters and badly fitted panoramic roofs, I thought I would ask about PCP ?

I have usually paid cash (well the bank loan has!) for a new car but am seriously considering the Ford PCP plan. My excel skills have shown that the bank loan versus Ford's finance broadly costs the same - assuming purely for comparison purposes that the final payment is made to own the car, rather than handing it back.

Pcp? Is that the package that Ford are doing at just under 5% ?

I applied for it then after a kind suggestion here months ago got a loan via my mortgage as "additional borrowing" at half that interest rate. I recon I will save Ā£1000s

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Hiya

All the cars I've had over the last 10 years or so have been on PCP deals, and there are pros and cons to financing a car that way.

I think the biggest positive is that it easily allows you to change vehicles every 2 or 3 years, especially if you don't intend on keeping the car at the end of the PCP period (ie not pay the final balloon payment) I rolled from one contract to the next for many years without having to put any further deposits down, and the monthly payments were pretty consistent with each new deal. In return I got to have a shiny new car every couple of years.

The downside comes if you decide to end the deal and not take another vehicle with that same manufacturer. This year I ended a long running line of contracts with Toyota to come to the dark side of Ford - and came unstuck for the first time ever.

Because of the pandemic yada yada the value of second hand cars had slumped, and when I came to end the PCP deal I found that the final balloon payment due on the car was way more than what the car was worth. So even if I just sold the car it would not be enough to clear the finance (like Ā£4,000 short!) Not great!

Now I was fortunate that there is a cancellation clause in the average PCP contract that says if you have paid for 50% or more of the vehicle - you can voluntarily walk away and hand the car back to the leaseholder (in this case Toyota). That's what I ended up doing, and it was all fine, saved me several thousand in negative equity.

So that's just my experiences with PCP. I think I'm going to use the Ford Options PCP on my Mach-E as it makes it semi affordable, and with this being a first generation BEV I'm probably going to want to change it after 3yrs or so when the newer shiny refreshed version comes out by that time.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I canā€™t lie - this made me a little bit excited

I know ā€œNaNā€ is an error - but the fact that the status has changed from being ā€œIn Transitā€ makes me hopeful :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 29C0C143-7180-4CB9-B066-194CFFB39B85

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag

I know ā€œNaNā€ is an error - but the fact that the status has changed from being ā€œIn Transitā€ makes me hopeful :)

That's what my changed to couple weeks ago when I got excited it reverted to in transit after about 48hours though ?. Let's hope yours changes from NaN to a number though ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

? ? I'm upset (pleased for you though). My tracker still shows "In Transit", my etis PTI date still shows 08-12-20, my eta date is 15-06-21 and I still cannot get the information from Ford's website using the developer tools functions. Beginning to wonder if my car actually exists in reality or whether it is just a figment dangling in cyberspace.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Today Iā€™m sending Ford a ā€œnotice before actionā€ for failing to refund my first order deposit. It was cancelled in February.

Iā€™ll pursue for my time and costs too.

Iā€™ll also write a blog post and pester Ford social media accounts with links.

let the battle commence.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm shocked they are holding on to your money.

Is your credit card company refusing to refund it? A disputed transaction claim failed?

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Today Iā€™m sending Ford a ā€œnotice before actionā€ for failing to refund my first order deposit. It was cancelled in February.

let the battle commence.
Wow I cancelled an order on my Sr rwd when I switched to ER RWD. The initial deposit was credited in 4 days and it was from the dealer. Take it you have taken it up with the dealer as that's where the money goes? If you have 3 months waiting for your deposit is taking the pee ?

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag

let the battle commence.
I cancelled my first order end of Jan and the money came through within a week.

Rebecca did say at the time it depends on how long it was after order was placed. In the first 90 days, the dealer has to action the refund, after 90 days it's Ford centrally who do it.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought it was the other way round. ford have the money initially, then the dealer.
Sponsored