UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Just ordered an Ext Range AWD through my work lease scheme . Has anyone ordered the same spec and have an idea of lead time ? According to Ford website , it’s from 10 weeks .
It's difficult to predict with any useful accuracy as the cars currently being delivered have had a strange delayed experience. Built upto 6 months ago and a month or 2 travelling with the rest of the time sat in various compounds and only currently with ETA dates.

Therefore we don't even have a single example to cite as no cars have reached a customer in the uk yet.
Sponsored

Tatcampbell

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C350e waiting on RR MME Extd RWD
Occupation
Air Traffic Control Engineering Manager
Country flag
It's difficult to predict with any useful accuracy as the cars currently being delivered have had a strange delayed experience. Built upto 6 months ago and a month or 2 travelling with the rest of the time sat in various compounds and only currently with ETA dates.

Therefore we don't even have a single example to cite as no cars have reached a customer in the uk yet.
Cheers mate .

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME RWD ER, Kawasaki ER6N, '15 e-Golf
Country flag
If its of any interest for you guys, i can tell you a little of how the F12 stuff changed when my car went from Antwerpen and onto a ship bound for Norway yesterday (sneaky brag there).

So according to the uecc tracker, my car was loaded onto the ship at 22:20 last night. As of now, none of the codes at https://www.ford.no/dashboard#/ changed. It is still:
  1. contractSource: "Web"
  2. gobStatusCode: "VITR"
  3. gobStatusDate: "2021-04-29 06:33:31.0"
  4. gobStatusDesc: "InTransit"
  5. number: "10xxxx"
  6. type: "order"
  7. vmacs2CharCode: "91"
  8. vmacs3CharCode: "711"
  9. vmacsStatusDate: "2021-04-29 11:34:00.0"
  10. vmacsStatusDesc: "COMPOUND IN "
At https://remotesetup.ford.com/#/ the "tappsdatetime" and "vehicledatetime" changed twice. I and I did NOT send an activationrequest through FordPass. Currently it is:

1. lifeCycleMode: "TRANSPORT"
  2. oemCorrelationId: 779
  3. tappsDateTime: "2021-05-08T18:07:22.285Z"
  4. vehicleDateTime: "2021-05-08T19:14:49Z"
If you guys know wich company Ford uses for transporting cars to the UK, hopefully they will have a tracker in place. For Norway it has been UECC so far. We have been able to track the cars through this tracker using the VIN. It showed up there today at 13:00 UK time.

https://www.uecc.com/support/vintracklite

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1620562757731

If I go to the tracker at https://www.uecc.com/customer-supplier-centre/cargo-tracking/high-and-heavy/?q= , I dont get anything.

Hopefully yours are coming real soon!

Last edited:

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Excellent reviews from you guys... just want to talk BRAKES... This must be a car specific thing. Firstly, I drive a lot of cars. When working I do a lot of fly drives. I think my record was 52 in a year. I've also owned a good few cars including the rather brutal Nissan GTR. I've done various track days and driven track prepared cars.

None of them have had as snappy brakes at the MME. Even with the "L" button the brakes on my demo bit pulling me forward. I could just about adjust for it but I really don't think my wife would.

The car had done 2500 miles so it's not a bedding in issue. Some people have had this issue but many not... perhaps an early demo issue? adjustable in software perhaps?

What are you thoughts? Clearly most of you are not finding this...
Hi @jongodfrey

Interesting - I didn't find the brakes snappy albeit like @portlandg I used OPD for the most part once I had got started. I think I was in the same car as @Coolcatshaft (carbonised grey RWD SR) who did find the standard/friction brakes snappy!

I was quite cautious with the friction brakes to start as I was aware of the potential issue which might explain it.

I did notice that with OPD once stopped the transition to rolling/moving was not always smooth.

I guess, as you say, this is something that could be tweaked by software in due course ?

As you did, overall I thought the car was excellent ?

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
I found the brakes fairly grabby, but easily modulated once you expected it. I'm used to a car with overassisted brakes currently and it wasn't much different to that. 1PD eliminated the need to use them much on my drive anyway.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Any other problems or issues?” I did detect a “whining sound” below 20 mph, which the dealer also noticed when I reported it to him. This was from the front of the car so I assumed it could not be the motor (?) nor did it appear to be the “buzzy instrument cluster syndrome” which I didn’t detect, not the propulsion sound. Left it with the dealer, but driving home I wondered if it was the “pedestrian warning sound”? Did anyone else notice this, or thinks it could be the warning sound?
Hi all,

Just following up on the above from my test drive yesterday.

I looked round the forum and found an identical issue in Canada (see post https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/high-pitched-electrical-whine.3225/post-147866)

This is a distinct whining sound that increases in pitch with speed up to about 20mph/35 kph - at which point it stops completely. It appears to emanate from the instrument cluster (therefore not an external "pedestrian warning"?) and defintely not the RWD motor!

This was in the carbonised grey SR RWD (same as @Coolcatshaft I think).

The guy in Canada found by setting the cluster to "Dark Mode" it seemed to be OK - but I prefer the Light Mode and it is definitely something that is not easy to simply ignore. The car is so quiet that it cannot be ignored.

If anyone else test drives the same car do please check this out - drive slowly up to 20mph and you can't really miss it. One of the dealers took the car out after I mentioned it, and agreed with me.

Hopefully just a one-off or two-off (along with a small number of "buzzing" cluster reports) but one to check when you take delivery of your new car ....... whenever that might be - I've gone back from 22/5 to 12/6 ?

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Hi all,

I looked round the forum and found an identical issue in Canada (see post https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/high-pitched-electrical-whine.3225/post-147866)

This is a distinct whining sound that increases in pitch with speed up to about 20mph/35 kph - at which point it stops completely. It appears to emanate from the instrument cluster (therefore not an external "pedestrian warning"?) and defintely not the RWD motor!

The guy in Canada found by setting the cluster to "Dark Mode" it seemed to be OK - but I prefer the Light Mode and it is definitely something that is not easy to simply ignore. The car is so quiet that it cannot be ignored.

If anyone else test drives the same car do please check this out - drive slowly up to 20mph and you can't really miss it. One of the dealers took the car out after I mentioned it, and agreed with me.

Hopefully just a one-off or two-off (along with a small number of "buzzing" cluster reports) but one to check when you take delivery of your new car ....... whenever that might be - I've gone back from 22/5 to 12/6 ?
That's really interesting, we drove the red sr rwd and didn't notice a noise...but it was in dark mode. We didn't manage to get it out if dark mode until we were back at the dealer. I really disliked the dark mode so won't be using that as a fix.

I have also been thinking, the 4 or so cars that have been test driven seem ok-ish, so is.l there really a reason that our cars are being held up for work in antwerp, over and above a few tweaks and checks?

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
No reason at all as plenty have been shipped to Norway.
I was thinking more if there was an issue with right hand drives or something just affecting our cars.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I was thinking more if there was an issue with right hand drives or something just affecting our cars.
I have asked my dealer this question directly and its Ford HQ is the default response who are just not giving the information. It just goes back around to the same old answer unfortunately that everybody is frustrated the world over Ford communication is in the dark ages. How can you have a direct mach e concierge that now do not even respond to you. Message can only be from above don't answer the questions. Extremely frustrating for us all but as I said before I think it's all a marketing ploy to just drive us all into a frenzy to want this new mustang ev! Just hope it's not as disappointing as the PS5 ?although suppose does not help I am not a big gamer ?And the mach is a bit more expensive ?. I think it probably (hopefully) does come down to they want the cars to us as best as they can possibly be ?Just hurry the hell up! See its working I am desperate to get this car in my hands!

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I have asked my dealer this question directly and its Ford HQ is the default response who are just not giving the information. It just goes back around to the same old answer unfortunately that everybody is frustrated the world over Ford communication is in the dark ages. How can you have a direct mach e concierge that now do not even respond to you. Message can only be from above don't answer the questions. Extremely frustrating for us all but as I said before I think it's all a marketing ploy to just drive us all into a frenzy to want this new mustang ev! Just hope it's not as disappointing as the PS5 ?although suppose does not help I am not a big gamer ?And the mach is a bit more expensive ?. I think it probably (hopefully) does come down to they want the cars to us as best as they can possibly be ?Just hurry the hell up! See its working I am desperate to get this car in my hands!
They want them to get to us the best they can be...but when other cars have made it to Antwerp and then on to their destination countries now, that reason doesn't really hold much credibility any more.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Hi all,

That's very odd. When I test drove the car I was listening out for any screen buzzing as I heard about it on the US threads. The car was in "light" mode. I couldn't hear any buzzing at any speed. Even turned off the radio and vents to listen out for it.

I only drove for a couple of minutes though. As the car will be my wife's, we swapped and she drove for the rest of the time.

Also agree that once you're expecting it the brakes are fine to modulate.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
They want them to get to us the best they can be...but when other cars have made it to Antwerp and then on to their destination countries now, that reason doesn't really hold much credibility any more.
In my industry sometimes a rollout of new software is delayed so we can cope better. ie sending out to a smaller percentage of your user base and from then in stages is safer than blasting a new product out to hundreds of customers rapidly.

Ford might be doing that with the European deliveries. Especially as proplems such as dodgy panaromic roofs have come to light recently. And the bolts, batteries etc issues.
Sponsored