Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I'm shocked they are holding on to your money.

Is your credit card company refusing to refund it? A disputed transaction claim failed?
It's over the 13 month chargeback threshold.

My other cancellation happened quickly. This one has just been ridiculous. I must have over 30 emails.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It's over the 13 month chargeback threshold.

My other cancellation happened quickly. This one has just been ridiculous. I must have over 30 emails.
I think that was one of the problems Ford had with this online system. If you had more than 1 preorder the system got confused and couldn't cope. Luckily for me when I changed from RWD SR to RWD ER the esales team changed the order for me so I didn't have to cancel and start again, although it took forever for the change to take place on my ford account. Maybe that was because I only changed the battery size and nothing else. Besides that, although I preorderd online, my deposit went straight to my dealers account. My card statement gave the dealers name not Ford's. So as far as I am aware if your order has been cancelled then the dealer SHOULD give you your deposit back. I have heard that some dealers have not been cancelling orders so that they can take delivery of the "cancelled" cars and sell them on instead of them going back to Ford. Maybe that is what is happening and your dealer can't give you a refund because Ford might query the refund without a cancellation. Just a thought

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
"thereā€™s a time limit - you get 120 days from when you first notice a problem." is what I got when I looked up chargeback.

With the amount of emails - could that be 1/2 hour per email to be claimed back of your time?

BazzaFFC

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E RWD LR
Country flag
Anyone know is there is a list of managers for branches available online?

Ive got up to date info for my order from the concierge which is fine but my sales rep just doesn't get back to me, lost count of the number of emails I've sent and I hear nothing.
I know he gets them as when I did my test drive I sent him an email and asked him to check on his PC and it was delivered fine.

Just thought if I can get contact for a manager etc I will copy them into an email to see if that pushes him to actually get back to me.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Pcp? Is that the package that Ford are doing at just under 5% ?

I applied for it then after a kind suggestion here months ago got a loan via my mortgage as "additional borrowing" at half that interest rate. I recon I will save Ā£1000s
Hi @SteveUk

That definitely makes sense utilising the mortgage! Unfortunately (?) we don't have a mortgage so it would just be a "normal" loan!

Cheers
David

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did look at loans back in december, after about Ā£15k rates went more than 3%.

I'm paying just over 1% on my tsb mortage and the extra borrowing was offered at around 2.2% for 5 years!

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
I did look at loans back in december, after about Ā£15k rates went more than 3%.

I'm paying just over 1% on my tsb mortage and the extra borrowing was offered at around 2.2% for 5 years!
Possibly a dumb question but what did you ask them for? It sounds like you havenā€™t just increased your mortgage and you havenā€™t taken a loan, I assume itā€™s a loan from your mortgage provider but secured against equity in your mortgage? Seems like a good idea!

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hiya

All the cars I've had over the last 10 years or so have been on PCP deals, and there are pros and cons to financing a car that way.

I think the biggest positive is that it easily allows you to change vehicles every 2 or 3 years, especially if you don't intend on keeping the car at the end of the PCP period (ie not pay the final balloon payment) I rolled from one contract to the next for many years without having to put any further deposits down, and the monthly payments were pretty consistent with each new deal. In return I got to have a shiny new car every couple of years.

The downside comes if you decide to end the deal and not take another vehicle with that same manufacturer. This year I ended a long running line of contracts with Toyota to come to the dark side of Ford - and came unstuck for the first time ever.

Because of the pandemic yada yada the value of second hand cars had slumped, and when I came to end the PCP deal I found that the final balloon payment due on the car was way more than what the car was worth. So even if I just sold the car it would not be enough to clear the finance (like Ā£4,000 short!) Not great!

Now I was fortunate that there is a cancellation clause in the average PCP contract that says if you have paid for 50% or more of the vehicle - you can voluntarily walk away and hand the car back to the leaseholder (in this case Toyota). That's what I ended up doing, and it was all fine, saved me several thousand in negative equity.

So that's just my experiences with PCP. I think I'm going to use the Ford Options PCP on my Mach-E as it makes it semi affordable, and with this being a first generation BEV I'm probably going to want to change it after 3yrs or so when the newer shiny refreshed version comes out by that time.

Hope that helps.
Hiya @Wonky_Donkey

Thanks for your thoughts on PCP, that's really helpful.

In our case, the cost of PCP versus an unsecured-loan are almost identical and, like you, I am thinking of a 3-year lease so we can get the updated version later down the line.

Comparing the Ford Options PCP to your previous Toyota PCP, if I understand correctly with the Ford PCP they "guarantee" the final value/final payment (subject to the condition of the car) so that if you did decide to end the deal (and switch to a Tesla ?) and clear the finance you wouldn't end up with the "negative equity". (Glad you had the cancellation clause with Toyota)

Is that your understanding too of the Ford PCP?

Cheers,
David

PS: is your Rapid Red ER RWD or AWD? When it turns up, mine should be RWD ?

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
New Mach E ad?

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Possibly a dumb question but what did you ask them for? It sounds like you havenā€™t just increased your mortgage and you havenā€™t taken a loan, I assume itā€™s a loan from your mortgage provider but secured against equity in your mortgage? Seems like a good idea!
https://www.tsb.co.uk/mortgages/existing-customers/

in the section 'take a look at additional borrowing range'.

It's secured against the Property the same as your existing mortgage. The existing mortgage and the new extra borrowing both add up to be your total mortgage.

I was actually going to take out the 'extra borrowing' over 2 years but then decided to go for 5 just in case.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hiya @Wonky_Donkey

Thanks for your thoughts on PCP, that's really helpful.

In our case, the cost of PCP versus an unsecured-loan are almost identical and, like you, I am thinking of a 3-year lease so we can get the updated version later down the line.

Comparing the Ford Options PCP to your previous Toyota PCP, if I understand correctly with the Ford PCP they "guarantee" the final value/final payment (subject to the condition of the car) so that if you did decide to end the deal (and switch to a Tesla ?) and clear the finance you wouldn't end up with the "negative equity". (Glad you had the cancellation clause with Toyota)

Is that your understanding too of the Ford PCP?

Cheers,
David

PS: is your Rapid Red ER RWD or AWD? When it turns up, mine should be RWD ?
I believe that cancellation clause is not specific to Toyota and is a legality that applies to all PCP.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
Regarding the 4.9% PCP it's a hard one to swallow when the base rate is so low, I worked it out at about 5k GBP interest over 4 years.
Money is available cheaper elsewhere but I do think it's wise with been an early adopter to have the benefit of the Manufacturers Finance Company been jointly and severable liable if anything goes wrong. Further, been able to return a car where more than 50% is payed / voluntary termination is always a good option to have.
Just coming out a 3 year Honda Lease I have realized that PCP is much more flexible than a Lease and will be my preference moving forward.

Guybrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME RWD ER, Kawasaki ER6N, '15 e-Golf
Country flag
If its of any interest for you guys, i can tell you a little of how the F12 stuff changed when my car went from Antwerpen and onto a ship bound for Norway yesterday (sneaky brag there).

So according to the uecc tracker, my car was loaded onto the ship at 22:20 last night. As of now, none of the codes at https://www.ford.no/dashboard#/ changed. It is still:
  1. contractSource: "Web"
  2. gobStatusCode: "VITR"
  3. gobStatusDate: "2021-04-29 06:33:31.0"
  4. gobStatusDesc: "InTransit"
  5. number: "10xxxx"
  6. type: "order"
  7. vmacs2CharCode: "91"
  8. vmacs3CharCode: "711"
  9. vmacsStatusDate: "2021-04-29 11:34:00.0"
  10. vmacsStatusDesc: "COMPOUND IN "
At https://remotesetup.ford.com/#/ the "tappsdatetime" and "vehicledatetime" changed twice. I and I did NOT send an activationrequest through FordPass. Currently it is:

1. lifeCycleMode: "TRANSPORT"
  2. oemCorrelationId: 779
  3. tappsDateTime: "2021-05-08T18:07:22.285Z"
  4. vehicleDateTime: "2021-05-08T19:14:49Z"
If you guys know wich company Ford uses for transporting cars to the UK, hopefully they will have a tracker in place. For Norway it has been UECC so far. We have been able to track the cars through this tracker using the VIN. It showed up there today at 13:00 UK time.

https://www.uecc.com/support/vintracklite

1620562757731.png

If I go to the tracker at https://www.uecc.com/customer-supplier-centre/cargo-tracking/high-and-heavy/?q= , I dont get anything.

Hopefully yours are coming real soon!
So, quick update on this. Today I got an email from Ford telling me the car was finally in Europe(no shit, Ford)!

It seems to be an automated message so you should get it as the car is almost in the UK. They did however estimate 4-7 weeks delivery form today, but i reckon that is just standard message(dealer told me a week to week and a half).

The F12 stuff has remained the same.

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
https://www.tsb.co.uk/mortgages/existing-customers/

in the section 'take a look at additional borrowing range'.

It's secured against the Property the same as your existing mortgage. The existing mortgage and the new extra borrowing both add up to be your total mortgage.

I was actually going to take out the 'extra borrowing' over 2 years but then decided to go for 5 just in case.
Thanks. I just spoke to my mortgage company (Halifax) and it works out about Ā£250 cheaper a month to take advantage of my equity vs PCP. Found out they had me on a ā€œdonā€™t lend more moneyā€ list because my solicitor hadnā€™t finished registering our deeds properly when we purchased 18 months agoā€¦.I almost asked my solicitor if he used to work for Fordā€¦. Anyway, should be able to sort that in plenty of time for the Mach E to turn up whenever that may be!! Iā€™ve never handed a car back mid term, so will happily take the cost saving instead of having that option. I almost always refinance early, keep the car a few extra years and then eventually trade it in. I donā€™t see the Mach E being any different in that respect.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Bit of advice please!

After our test drive tomorrow, if we really like the car I expect we'll go ahead with our order. Eventually we'll have to decide how to pay for it. Normally I'd pay cash.
We're retired with various pensions and healthy savings. We own our house and just have household bills to pay.

But what is most efficient? The car iwould be ours lock, stock and barrel, and in a couple of years if we want to trade up we would just p/ex it.

My question is, is this more efficient than a PCP? After all money on deposit earns naff all so we aren't losing much, just depreciation. But we haven't got an agreed value for when we want to change. I'm a technical guy and accountancy is not my thing!
Sponsored