SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Excellent reviews from you guys... just want to talk BRAKES... This must be a car specific thing. Firstly, I drive a lot of cars. When working I do a lot of fly drives. I think my record was 52 in a year. I've also owned a good few cars including the rather brutal Nissan GTR. I've done various track days and driven track prepared cars.

None of them have had as snappy brakes at the MME. Even with the "L" button the brakes on my demo bit pulling me forward. I could just about adjust for it but I really don't think my wife would.

The car had done 2500 miles so it's not a bedding in issue. Some people have had this issue but many not... perhaps an early demo issue? adjustable in software perhaps?

What are you thoughts? Clearly most of you are not finding this...
Agree with you on the brakes. The need some re-tuning ota in my opinion. You get nothing then everything... so so sharp. Very unpleasant in stop and go around town.
Sponsored

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Here is a question, is anybody concerned about all this salt air for months on a brand new car? I guess there are less things to corrode on an EV but I would never buy a used car that was from the coast.
As this drama plays out feels like I'm going to get a 9 month old car (built dec) vs a brand new one.
On the other hand I guess usually when you bought a new car you wouldn't have all this "back story"
I was concerned about exactly the same thing. Plus especially this time of year seagulls poop like mad, with my current car as soon as I see a splat I'm out there cleaning it off, in Antwerp bird poop could be sitting there for days/weeks! Also I thought if an EV isn't used for a long time, battery level should be kept around 50% but seeing @jongodfrey 's screenshots, it looks like they're close to 100%!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hahahaha. 1997 - 2004 for me so when Motorola and
Nokia were kings of communication lol
Bloody hell. I'd been out 7 years before you joined up. Now I REALLY feel old

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Bloody hell. I'd been out 7 years before you joined up. Now I REALLY feel old
Haha, what did you do ? What ships where you on?
I was electronic warfare on Liverpool, Invincible, Illustrious and Iron Duke .

no doubt you were on the Leanders

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Haha, what did you do ? What ships where you on?
I was electronic warfare on Liverpool, Invincible, Illustrious and Iron Duke .

no doubt you were on the Leanders
I started life as a chockhead. Did the last two years of the Ark Royal. That was the one with the steam catapults. Changed branch to Reggie did Bachante (Leander) Active(type 21)and Falklands, Upton (minesweeper). In between ships shorebased mainly on South Coast. Seems forever ago

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
And more importantly, have you the skills to skipper a barge?
If I could steer most of the ships I was on then steering a river barge shouldn't be a problem. Mind you that was 35 years ago when I last did that. I wouldn't trust my car in my hands on a barge

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I started life as a chockhead. Did the last two years of the Ark Royal. That was the one with the steam catapults. Changed branch to Reggie did Bachante (Leander) Active(type 21)and Falklands, Upton (minesweeper). In between ships shorebased mainly on South Coast. Seems forever ago

Good times.

I have just checked my F12 function - no change but not sure if this is really reliable for anyone, or how often it updates.

Grahame, you say you can't see this. Have you tried a different browser? Safari does it for me but Brave doesn't.

"result": {
"vin": "WF0TR3SU9. xxxxxxxxx",
"order": {
"type": "order",
"number": "1048xxxxx",
"contractSource": "Web",
"gobStatusCode": "VPRT",
"gobStatusDesc": "AtPort",
"vmacs2CharCode": "91",
"vmacs3CharCode": "711",
"vmacsStatusDesc": "COMPOUND IN ",
"vmacsStatusDate": "2021-04-27 11:58:00.0",
"gobStatusDate": "2021-05-01 07:49:02.0"
}
},
"error": null

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yes!!!!!!!!!

big news... my car has moved... not much but it looks like it’s being loaded.

74F4B083-D03D-430A-B59A-386D3DE49D18.png

The solid tag is where it was stored. The hollow one is live GPS. Looks like it’s loading.
Not sure if you have been asked but does the F12 function work for you? You have proof your car is moving and wonder if it tallies with the F12 function.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Not sure if you have been asked but does the F12 function work for you? You have proof your car is moving and wonder if it tallies with the F12 function.
no, I'm getting an error on F12 data

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I've tried it on chrome but not safari and the info that comes back on f12 never includes the above.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I was concerned about exactly the same thing. Plus especially this time of year seagulls poop like mad, with my current car as soon as I see a splat I'm out there cleaning it off, in Antwerp bird poop could be sitting there for days/weeks! Also I thought if an EV isn't used for a long time, battery level should be kept around 50% but seeing @jongodfrey 's screenshots, it looks like they're close to 100%!
97% dropping to 95%....

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Question. Can the dealership register custom plates on our behalf before we collect the car? or do we have to wait till we get the car home then send off the paperwork to the DVLA?
Sponsored