Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
And ID4 drove past me yesterday, very indistinct and regular looking. You wouldn't be noticed in one of those. Bland.

I didn't realise deliveries had begun!
Yeah. I saw one on the M5 recently. To me it looked boring, bloated and indistinguishable from most other cars.
Sponsored

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Itā€™s fantastic we are seeing geo locations update and cars are arriving in the UK. I am sure we will see photos appearing soon.

Itā€™s time for me to come clean! Iā€™ve staying here providing updates due to my App activation, but I have cancelled my Mach-e order a few weeks ago. After my test drive, I knew the car wasnā€™t for me. The Mach-e is a fabulous car, but I just wasnā€™t feeling it. I felt strongly ambivalent if that's even possible!

I think perhaps my ordering issues had left a bad taste in my mouth, and Iā€™ve still not had my deposit back after four months. The six month delays and complete lack of clarity of delivery has cost me a lot of money as I canā€™t be without a car and my car is at the end of its PCP. Iā€™ve decided to settle the balloon and wait until the end of the year.

You have made a great choice in cars and have the right to be excited about your new cars. My decision has little to do with the function of the car and much more to do with personal circumstance and experience in how Ford has treated me.

My F12 info has gone as orders no longer appear but I do seem to still be connected to my VIN in the App so I will keep that going in case itā€™s a use to you all. The car has been in ā€œDeep Sleepā€ since Flushing as probably not a priority as there is no customer for it.

Iā€™ll pop in here every now and then and I canā€™t wait to hear how you get on. I might even join you for a meet up.

Now; anybody want a Mat Screen Protector for their Mach-e? I also have a spare Ford Charge card going too. :)

EDIT: Lauren has first refusal on the screen protector - :)
Hi @jongodfrey

I am really disappointed for you, and sad that you are "leaving" the forum (albeit not in spirit ?).

Many thanks for all the help you have given us over the last few months ??

Very best wishes
David

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
@SteveUk
I know we all have our tastes but I completely understand. VW are so bland, they are the Rich Tea biscuit of the roads.

As with Tesla. I see Elon has been inspired by the moon when signing those designs off - featureless.
As Chris Harris says, its like driving a bar of soap.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
And ID4 drove past me yesterday, very indistinct and regular looking. You wouldn't be noticed in one of those. Bland.

I didn't realise deliveries had begun!
Hi @SteveUk

Similarly, I followed an ID3 yesterday and - genuinely - it looked awful !

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
@SteveUk
I know we all have our tastes but I completely understand. VW are so bland, they are the Rich Tea biscuit of the roads.

As with Tesla. I see Elon has been inspired by the moon when signing those designs off - featureless.
As Chris Harris says, its like driving a bar of soap.
Hi @Ant379

The only advantage I can see for us at this stage in having ordered a Tesla, is that we could put it into FSD mode and get it to drive straight to us from Dagenham ??

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Okeedokee. After my rant yesterday about the complete and utter uselessness of the Ford pass app and how we were encouraged to use the remote vehicle set up function which wasn't actually there, I emailed Rebecca this morning and asked her to pass on an email with my thoughts to whoever needed it or let me know who I needed to speak to. Anyway she replied and said she would forward it to whoever to see what the issue was as apparently they thought it was ok.

Anyway UPDATE. I have just been into the app and the remote vehicle set up has returned. It is also now back in my Ford account. Hopefully it works again for all of you.

Thanks Rebecca. She has now got a new job. Suffice to say that if she gets her way communication flow between Ford and their customers should improve.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
I had a suspicious mind re your order! and am angry at the way you a decent and genuine person have been treated and messed around.
Thank, Steve, the root cause is poor communication. I wouldn't have had to cancel and reorder (twice) if Ford had been 1/4 decent in their comms. It started to feel like a semi-abusive relationship! ... and they spoilt things.

Hi @jongodfrey

I am really disappointed for you, and sad that you are "leaving" the forum (albeit not in spirit ?).

Many thanks for all the help you have given us over the last few months ??

Very best wishes
David
Well, I'll keep an eye on what's going on here, David so won't leave as such, that is if you'll have been as an interested party. ;-) I'll keep the App until the car is UK delivered and then "Remove Vehicle" for the next owner. As (I think?) the only UK "customer" with an activated car I wanted to share what I could see with you guys at least. This is an excellent group... best EV Forum by a VERY long way. :)

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
If anyone else is/has had issues with the Ford pass app and the remote vehicle set up function then try this

1. Go to: https://remotesetup.ford.com/#/welcome directly and login using the Ford/FordPass credentials
  1. Or, ask the customer to delete and re-add the VIN in their account. Please note that this is only advised if customers are at pre-delivery (or delivery and do not have any subscriptions yet). Re-entering the VIN will republish the tile immediately but it may also reset any subscriptions that they may have.
Good luck

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
For all the Grande Florida folks (arrived 22nd April) I checked with concierge today on progress and they said my MME is "currently in stage two of the quality control checks in Antwerp". I've been told that should finish by late May/early June, with delivery to dealer late June/early July.

My last dealer update a few weeks ago still said late May for delivery, but I'd already given up hope on that. Mentions of July are not great of course, and it's particularly annoying for me as my car was a 2nd December build, but it didn't make the earlier ships for some reason, so I won't be in the first group of deliveries despite my pre-order on 18th Nov 2019 and a very early build date. Hopefully it won't slip any further!

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
My car was on Grande Houston, where are those cars generally at now?

Dieeasysteve

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e SR RWD (Black)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Was just checking f12 over lunch and mine changed while i was on, not sure what it means.

Went compound out to compound in while i was checking it! but the dates are a few days old.

{"result":{"vin":"","order":{"type":"order","number":"","contractSource":"Web","gobStatusCode":"PROD","gobStatusDesc":"Produced","vmacs2CharCode":"92","vmacs3CharCode":"721","vmacsStatusDesc":"COMPOUND OUT ","vmacsStatusDate":"2021-05-11 10:03:00.0","gobStatusDate":"2021-01-06 07:22:44.0"}},"error":null}

{"result":{"vin":"","order":{"type":"order","number":"","contractSource":"Web","gobStatusCode":"PROD","gobStatusDesc":"Produced","vmacs2CharCode":"91","vmacs3CharCode":"711","vmacsStatusDesc":"COMPOUND IN ","vmacsStatusDate":"2021-05-12 15:25:00.0","gobStatusDate":"2021-01-06 07:22:44.0"}},"error":null}

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
I posted this in the Mach E FB group as well. If you want to see pictures head over there

My Appointment was scheduled for 9AM. I do the school run on Fridays so this was perfect. I got to Gates Stevenage at about 8.40. Met my sales contact in person for the first time. He promptly took me to the car. He said there were two cars available, one of them was an AWD Standard Range. That alone was a sign from the Gods, that's exactly what I had ordered and I didnt expect would be available. My original order in January 2020 was a RWD, Extended range. When I saw the wheels on the AWD at the preview event in February 2020, I cancelled my order and switched to the AWD, SR. The 19" wheels with the Red Brake Calipers were calling my name. I didn't realise at the time I placed the order i'd be losing the sunroof and B&O sound system but even if I had I would have still made the same choice. My biggest hangup was if the sound system was going to be any good, I don't give 2 hoots for the sunroof ( we live in England, what Sun?) and with the issues some of our American friends are experiencing I think I dodged a bullet. I also never use heated seats, my previous car, Mercedes, GLC Coupe had it and my wifes current car has it. I don't care for it.
So my dealer gave me the keys and said see you in an hour. He asked if I wanted to try Single Pedal driving, I said sure why not.He enabled it and showed me how to get to the menu option if I wanted to switch it off. It was awkward for the first 5 minutes but I quickly got the hang of it. Since this was Stevenage, which I know well I knew exactly where to go. As soon as I got out of the Car Park, I used Siri via Wireless Apple Car Play to call my Brother in Law and told him to get ready as I'd be picking him up in 10 minutes. Got to his place and we went on the A1M Motorway, went past 3 junctions and oh boy the speed was simply incredible. I also didn't notice the bumpy ride that some have mentioned even when I was still in the town center driving at 30 or below. The car was dead silent. I had Spotify playing one of my saved Playlists and quite frankly the sound system was superior to the one in my GLC Coupe and as good as the one in my Brother in Law's BMW X6. He was next to me and said the same thing. I had the car for about an hour and 10 minutes, dropped my BIL at home then went back to the dealership. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car. The wait has been ridiculous, the communication woeful but I am glad I hung in there and didn't go and get a soulless Tesla. Happy to answer any questions.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
If your'e lucky, Dagenham
Yeah that's what I was thinking but no emails received yesterday. I'll leave until Monday and ask my dealer.

Did find this in my email from March which made me chuckle:

"" Great news! Order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx of a AWD Absolute Black Mustang Mach-E (VIN WF0TR3SS4MMAxxxxxxx) is on the Grande Houston vessel. This arrival is very soon, giving you an estimated delivery date of (potentially!) next month, but definitely early-May.""

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Was just checking f12 over lunch and mine changed while i was on, not sure what it means.

Went compound out to compound in while i was checking it! but the dates are a few days old.

{"result":{"vin":"","order":{"type":"order","number":"","contractSource":"Web","gobStatusCode":"PROD","gobStatusDesc":"Produced","vmacs2CharCode":"92","vmacs3CharCode":"721","vmacsStatusDesc":"COMPOUND OUT ","vmacsStatusDate":"2021-05-11 10:03:00.0","gobStatusDate":"2021-01-06 07:22:44.0"}},"error":null}

{"result":{"vin":"","order":{"type":"order","number":"","contractSource":"Web","gobStatusCode":"PROD","gobStatusDesc":"Produced","vmacs2CharCode":"91","vmacs3CharCode":"711","vmacsStatusDesc":"COMPOUND IN ","vmacsStatusDate":"2021-05-12 15:25:00.0","gobStatusDate":"2021-01-06 07:22:44.0"}},"error":null}
This information is all well and good except it is missing a vital ingredient, location.
Compound in or out is not a lot of use without knowing where.
Sponsored