Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Hi @SJ_Okay

Yes, you're right .... it's been such a long wait, the Ford charger has been installed (although there's a problem with it!), I sold my car a couple of weeks ago, the wait for a replacement .......

Hopefully, as you say, if things can be "fixed" I'll go with it ??

Thanks for your support - and hope yours is 100% when you actually get to see it ?

Cheers
David
So I got my new dealership to take some comparable pictures of the roof etc for you to reference.

Overall it’s looking good, but looks like there are some minor alignment issues like @Wonky_Donkey had toward the front of the roof… I’ll be curious to hear how the foam poles work, as I may well need some!

I don’t think they’re big enough for me to refuse delivery… but definitely seems the roof is good few mm higher than the windscreen at the front of the car and possibly slightly raised on the front drivers side too… or it could be just the picture, I’ve asked them to look at it and let me know what they think.

curious to see what others on here think too… is that raised roof which causes wind noise “within spec”? Wonder how many of us wouldn’t accept this?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers DA306D40-28F4-4763-9515-832A9435E679
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 29F1EE14-2F71-4699-9BF8-8C7D7DE9BBF0
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2F7D5E18-93CF-49A3-93AA-9E1308A1C7A0
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 18FEC614-C474-40E0-8254-9671D8C5C7C9
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1D7DD0FA-38F4-486D-AF12-248F17848D92
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers E19CD686-EDFA-4835-A91A-B78AA24CC206
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers A3CCB725-9655-40D0-A080-038855AB753F
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 479CDFD1-8195-407F-AE51-65AAC3CB6F85
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers A2E8CCE4-4198-4781-90CD-DB38286D2A52
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers CC91E829-3C24-4526-A6A2-289E9849E164
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers CAB631A3-BFB7-40D7-8968-828858499A4D
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 0D8D8953-279E-4C96-87FA-8D494886D2DD
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers F652DA37-72C1-411C-8785-D4E7649B5C8A
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 04142AA3-E941-4994-8496-F6E662F7ABF2
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 22F5BF07-BBAA-46F7-8FC7-5DE87A4A02D7

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
That is shocking. I remember there were concerns over the ICE Mustangs on their threads. They had horroundous panel gaps.

Is it a Mustang thing! A Ford thing? I don't hear it with any other brand.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
I cant see whether it got mentioned earlier in the discussions but I had confirmation the 2.9% is only applicable to the extended range (else I would have cancelled my standard range). I had confirmation the 4.9% would still be applied to my Jan order - i did not expect anything else from Ford!
I had the same email. They said it was to give customers who missed out on the ‘grant’ a chance to get one cheaper.

This is a load of garbage.

The AWD ER never qualified for the ‘grant’ yet attracts the 2.9% whereas the RWD ER, did qualify for the grant but is still 4.9%.

Typical Ford!! ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
@David-HC
So as promised I’ve taken some more roof pics today to compare the left / right alignment.

As others have noted the roof is not dead centred. Mine is also everso slightly over to the passenger side, but unless you were looking for it you wouldn’t notice it. (see new pics below)

In regard to the front height difference my theory is that the glass roof is slightly thicker than the metal roof, and the flush design works fine for the metal roof, but is not right for the glass one (lets call it a design feature!) :)

I see comments about crap panel gaps - but seriously the panels are pretty good on mine. While they may not be perfect for airflow, they are all even and nothing looks squished or too gappy.

Overall the build quality of these does feel good - certainly much much better than any of the Model3‘s I’ve seen.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 7790A804-26CB-4494-B2A8-B114035F5246
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 93B5BD91-6395-456E-A6D1-08209BE784D6

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
… oh and in regard to eCall software updates / fix - no news here. As soon as I hear or see anything I’ll let you all know. I suspect that as we are already “in the wild” we may be the hardest to resolve and the last to fix? It’s not causing me any concern right now so no biggie.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I have signed and arranged all paperwork with Arnold Clark for the lease. My dealer saying there is still a lot they have to sort out on the finance details. Anyone else have similar issues?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
So the Head of the body shop at the new dealership has inspected it after my concerns and this is the response. I have to say, it’s been an absolute pleasure dealing with them… I asked them to please be honest with their assessment of it and they are and being understanding too, which is nice.

I think I’m going to have to take a 2 hour drive up North tomorrow and check it out in person so I can make a decision. I’m 95% I’m going to be fine with it… not worried about the raised roof, it’s only the slightly raised near side that could be a deal breaker for me… just a weird ocd thing. Hopefully all good. She did tell me it was taking a long time to power up though ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 69839ED6-4020-4F4E-A0CF-C8834B202075

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Our ICE Mustang had crap panel gaps, the passenger door was badly aligned, there was a run on the bootlid and the rear bumper wasn't flush on one edge. But it was also a V8 convertible for comparative peanuts when compared to other new cars (in 2018) so wasn't worth worrying about.

I'd expect the Mach-E to be a few mm out here and there as it's a brand new model on another production line, and it's still built to a cost. I'm sure if you went out and looked at your current car with the same scrutiny you'd find small issues.

I wouldn't sweat it unless something looks badly wrong! There were a couple in the US where the pano was really obviously wrong by a few cm or more, and that's when I'd start to worry!

averyp2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Curently M135i, soon to be Mach E
Country flag
So... the journey continues. My illusive RWD SR is off to Cologne, not for a stag do but for a battery transplant! 6 weeks, then back to Flushing.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
So... the journey continues. My illusive RWD SR is off to Cologne, not for a stag do but for a battery transplant! 6 weeks, then back to Flushing.
Woah… what? Defective battery?

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Ok, I give up!!! Last Friday my dealer said my car has gone COMPOUND OUT and left Antwerp. I replied asking for a screenshot of Vista to see what the location was, but silence... he ain't great at answering emails, or maybe he has a long weekend off!!!

So I thought I'd see if I could get anything more out of Hannah. She said, no, my car is still in Antwerp. It is due to leave within a week (so leave by 21st June), and is due into Flushing on 1st July, and my dealer on 9th July. It doesn't add up! It doesn't take 9 days from Antwerp to Flushing unless it's going by row boat!!! But then it would be virtually impossible to get from Flushing to my dealer in another 9 days! "Maybe one of my systems is playing up" she says!!!

Even though I've said this before, I'm not stressing any more, when it comes it comes! I'll still watch F12 to see what HAS happened but that's about it, Ford's systems are the worst nightmare I've ever come across!

Edit : Just looked at my tapps, and there have been movements today and at last I actually have exactly 2 hours between my vehicledatetime and tappsdatetime!!! lifecyclemode is "Transport" is that for going on a boat?

Last edited:

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Our ICE Mustang had crap panel gaps, the passenger door was badly aligned, there was a run on the bootlid and the rear bumper wasn't flush on one edge. But it was also a V8 convertible for comparative peanuts when compared to other new cars (in 2018) so wasn't worth worrying about.

I'd expect the Mach-E to be a few mm out here and there as it's a brand new model on another production line, and it's still built to a cost. I'm sure if you went out and looked at your current car with the same scrutiny you'd find small issues.

I wouldn't sweat it unless something looks badly wrong! There were a couple in the US where the pano was really obviously wrong by a few cm or more, and that's when I'd start to worry!
I had two mustangs and only the second had a slight miss alignment. I must have been lucky. Ford fixed it no problem.

You're right, it's only when it is highlighted it's a problem. Thought the MachE I test drove - the back roofline was horrendous so I will be checking mine.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I'm not stressing any more, when it comes it comes!
I had to do that… I came off the forum for a bit too… had to give it the old watch kettle never boils treatment before I drove myself mad.

TonyA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Country flag
I have managed to get an up date using a Forum post that somebody has put on here, I have put my VIN in and it has come up with the following could anyone give me a heads up on the meaning and what should I be looking out for going forward,

Screenshot_20210614-190012_Samsung Internet.jpg

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Hi which ship did your car come across on and do you know the build date?
Thanks
Sponsored