UK Customers

IronAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD SR
Country flag
Dear Micheal,

Following recent communication that your Mustang Mach-E is en route to / with your Ford dealer, we detected a software issue that could provide incorrect location information to the emergency services when using the car's eCall system.

As a result, we had to temporarily halt all Mustang Mach-E handovers in the UK while we fix the issue. We know how excited you are to take delivery of the car and we're really sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you and your families.

Our team have been working hard behind the scenes over the past week to quickly develop a software update that will resolve the issue. We're expecting this software to update to be available to your Ford Dealer this week and customer handovers should be able to resume shortly after this.

We're really excited at the prospect of you being able to very soon enjoy everything this car has to offer and we're really confident it will be worth the wait.

If you have any queries or clarifications, please contact the Ford Customer Contact Centre on 0203 564 4444 (Option 3).

Yours sincerely,
Ford Customer Relationship Centre

Kind regards
Krishna Patel| Ford Online Sales Support
Word for word the same genetic email they sent me.
Sponsored

PMAWB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD
Country flag
I've just received an email from Hannah to tell me my car is still in Flushing. Funny that, my dealer rang me to say my car was at his showroom and I've just been to look at it!!!!

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
I've just received an email from Hannah to tell me my car is still in Flushing. Funny that, my dealer rang me to say my car was at his showroom and I've just been to look at it!!!!
Hi @PMAWB

This is obviously another "location" bug like the eCall ?

Cheers!

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Just taken the 2 and a half hour, 125 mile drive up to Derby to inspect the car. Blown away. The alignment I was worried about on the roof is not even noticeable to my eye, so super relieved about that. Look friggin amazing. Was so hard to walk away from it. I know we all keep saying it, but damn they are so
much better IRL! As it’s the first non FE, ER AWD I’ve seen In person, I’ve been totally won over by the wheel arches which I’ve already got quotes lined up to paint… not going to touch now. It looks superb as is.

Shout out to the little Peugeot e208 which got me up here with 40 miles range to spare and is currently getting a free charge at the dealership while I hunt down a coffee ?

Edit: Burton-On-Trent, not Derby!
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 6F16972D-5585-4604-B342-538B5F259FF7
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 8D447E42-8B91-4F5F-BF13-9FC2026485F0

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Just taken the 2 and a half hour, 125 mile drive up to Derby to inspect the car. Blown away. The alignment I was worried about on the roof is not even noticeable to my eye, so super relieved about that. Look friggin amazing. Was so hard to walk away from it. I know we all keep saying it, but damn they are so
much better IRL! As it’s the first non FE, ER AWD I’ve seen In person, I’ve been totally won over by the wheel arches which I’ve already got quotes lined up to paint… not going to touch now. It looks superb as is.

Shout out to the little Peugeot e208 which got me up here with 40 miles range to spare and is currently getting a free charge at the dealership while I hunt down a coffee ?

Edit: Burton-On-Trent, not Derby!
Lovely! These last few days of waiting are killing me. Did the dealers have any news on the eCall fix?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
That is assuming they get the update and then install that day. They could get it at 4.30pm and leave it or not see it for example.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
So I just had to break the news to my dealership about cancelling my order… turns out he already knows ? A little birdie told him I found a Grey one and had cancelled my order ?

I just wish you, whoever you are, had told me! I was feeling guilty about cheating on him with another dealership, since he’s been helpful and a good egg to me for the past year, so I straight up lied to him about my reason for cancelling… a proper multilayered lie about immigrating… and he was like, oh, someone told me you’ve found a carbonised grey one… ???? so so super embarrassing!

Pari, if you’re reading this, sorry mate… I only did it out of pure guilt. ??‍♂

IronAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD SR
Country flag
Does anyone know if you can change the SIM in the car allowing you to change Internet provider from Vodafone to somewhere else? The data plans they offer are an absolute rip off. They charge £11 a month for 2GB.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Does anyone know if you can change the SIM in the car allowing you to change Internet provider from Vodafone to somewhere else? The data plans they offer are an absolute rip off. They charge £11 a month for 2GB.
Not that I can find - I think it’s an eSIM embedded in the SYNC4A systems

…but you don’t need a Vodafone subscription for the car to work - that’s all included in the cost of the car. The Vodafone connection is just if you want to use personal devices on the car’s hotspot.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
We can access various Ford information such as ETIS, tapps etc, it's such a shame we can't also access Vista! I'd love to be able to see that for myself!

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
There's hope even yet for my car then, it could be anywhere!
Sponsored