SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Very glad you’re enjoying yours!! What was your efficiency like on the motorway, if you don’t mind me asking? Sounds like you’ve got a good run in it!
I was keeping an eye as we were going and it was around 3.1m/kWh… but we stopped at the services about half way in and when we set off it started a new journey, so don’t have the reading for the whole trip, but 3.1m/kWh seemed to be the average.
Sponsored

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Yes, I pre-ordered a FE on 18/11/19, arrived in Antwerp on the G.Halifax on 19/04/21 & still stuck there. Vista ETA has varied from 29th May to now 24th July. I get a regular update from Hannah & dealer, but ETA is always slipping.
Honestly! How hard would it be for them to prioritise these FE orders once they arrive in Antwerp out of respect to those who ordered so long ago and paid a premium for the "First Edition"...

They obviously had no trouble in prioritising the Norway cars for their "biggest market"!

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
Quick Question - Does anyone on here who ordered on the release date of 18/11/19 NOT have either their car or know that their car is in the UK yet?
I ordered my Carbonised Grey First Edition in December 2019. It has been with my dealer, Haynes of Maidstone, for almost a month. Haynes tell me they still haven't received the software patch from Ford to sort out the ECall problem. I insured the car from last Friday as I was expecting to take delivery that day ready to drive to Yorkshire for a holiday next week. I shall now be making the trip in my daughter's Kia Sportage and hope to take delivery Saturday week when I return. I won't be holding my breath though!

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
In case anyone was wondering… might struggle with two bags though.

(My rubber mats are delayed ?)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers B6F9BCF4-CFF6-496C-B3B8-29EEDFDCF644

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Hi all
picked up my er rwd mache e on Thursday afternoon. Luckily we didn’t attempt to go to scotland in my kuga as on the way to pick up the mache e it went into safety mode woth an engine malfunction.
picked up mache e drives beautifully I pedal drive very intuitive. The co-pilot or whatever its called took us up to the lakes with just 1 charge stop at junction 27 on m6 easy charging experience. The next day stopped at ionity gretna green. Queued 15 minutes another 20 nin charge and away.
Then we hit scotland and charge place scotland! There aren’t many fast chargers in the highlands and i haven’t found one that worked. 3 near the green welly all failed and then knocked on the amber spanner light. This was a low point we had 50 miles of charge and a warning light. Had visions of being towed home.
We limped into a hotel at the begining of glencoe and thankfully their resort charger worked fine while we had a lovely meal. The amber spanner went off and we later looked this up and found that faulty chargers can trigger it.
That night we arrived at loch leven and used the resort charger in nearby hotel no problem then drove to skye.
I intended to use the granny charger in the cottage Where we were staying but after over 5 hours charging and 32 miles gained i won’t be using that.
Luckily there is a 50kw dc charger and a 22w ac charger 1 mile from the cottage. It seems the new chargeplace chargers work well with the mache e but I haven’t found an old one to work yet. I am getting 3.5 m/kw atm but still playing an have been on fast roads a lot. Will keep you posted with my progress

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I was keeping an eye as we were going and it was around 3.1m/kWh… but we stopped at the services about half way in and when we set off it started a new journey, so don’t have the reading for the whole trip, but 3.1m/kWh seemed to be the average.
This trip resets everytime you turn the car on. If you press the tab you get to see trips 1 & 2. These don't reset themselves. Trip 1 I used for individual trips. Trip 2 I keep for all journeys. At the moment I'm getting 4.4 but haven't done much fast driving

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
This trip resets everytime you turn the car on. If you press the tab you get to see trips 1 & 2. These don't reset themselves. Trip 1 I used for individual trips. Trip 2 I keep for all journeys. At the moment I'm getting 4.4 but haven't done much fast driving
Grahame, do you know if there is somewhere on the main screen where you can see lots of previous journeys? My current car has the trip options but also shows the previous 20ish journeys on the centre screen.

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Hi all
picked up my er rwd mache e on Thursday afternoon. Luckily we didn’t attempt to go to scotland in my kuga as on the way to pick up the mache e it went into safety mode woth an engine malfunction.
picked up mache e drives beautifully I pedal drive very intuitive. The co-pilot or whatever its called took us up to the lakes with just 1 charge stop at junction 27 on m6 easy charging experience. The next day stopped at ionity gretna green. Queued 15 minutes another 20 nin charge and away.
Then we hit scotland and charge place scotland! There aren’t many fast chargers in the highlands and i haven’t found one that worked. 3 near the green welly all failed and then knocked on the amber spanner light. This was a low point we had 50 miles of charge and a warning light. Had visions of being towed home.
We limped into a hotel at the begining of glencoe and thankfully their resort charger worked fine while we had a lovely meal. The amber spanner went off and we later looked this up and found that faulty chargers can trigger it.
That night we arrived at loch leven and used the resort charger in nearby hotel no problem then drove to skye.
I intended to use the granny charger in the cottage Where we were staying but after over 5 hours charging and 32 miles gained i won’t be using that.
Luckily there is a 50kw dc charger and a 22w ac charger 1 mile from the cottage. It seems the new chargeplace chargers work well with the mache e but I haven’t found an old one to work yet. I am getting 3.5 m/kw atm but still playing an have been on fast roads a lot. Will keep you posted with my progress
Thanks for the read-out! You must have done the longest MME road trip in the UK so far! Great to hear the charging has mostly been ok. Scotland does currently lack the 100+kW chargers that are appearing across the rest of the England and Wales (NI not good at all right now). Would be interested to hear if you stop at any of the revamped Ecotricity (now Gridserve) motorway service station chargers on your way back south (old 50kW units being replaced with 120kW ones). They haven’t done a huge number yet though, so definitely check ahead on Zap-Map as well as the Ford route planner.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Cheers for the tip!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Grahame, do you know if there is somewhere on the main screen where you can see lots of previous journeys? My current car has the trip options but also shows the previous 20ish journeys on the centre screen.
I haven't found anywhere on the main screen but there is a tab on the FordPass app that will show you past journeys that you have done. That, of course, if the app works. Mine keeps crashing, locking me out of certain functionality and generally bad info. You can also see previous charges that you have done. One of mine says I charged from 72% to 85%, added 217 miles with an overall range of 1247 miles. I'm (not) well impressed. It is worse than useless at times.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi all
Many thanks for that- deeply impressive! Any photos?
Enjoy your holiday :)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just Google'd the headphones I got yesterday. £175 from John Lewis. So not really cheap and cheerful. Still would have preferred some free kw's. More useful, but I'm not one to turn down a free gift.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Does anyone else find the aircon less effective? I've just tested it with the max fan level and the lowest temp and it just doesn't feel as powerful as the kuga was

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Does anyone else find the aircon less effective? I've just tested it with the max fan level and the lowest temp and it just doesn't feel as powerful as the kuga was
In my car you can set the level of aircon. Maybe you can increase the level somewhere?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
6 years I had a Kuga. Never used the aircon so I wouldn't know. That's why I bought it with windows and a sunroof. Only difference with the MME is that it hasn't got the sunroof
Sponsored