grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My car arrived at the dealers almost 4 weeks ago, not long after Grahame and wonky received there's.
I'm still waiting to receive it.
It's been a mixture of they not able to do the pdi as know one qualified to work on HV so had to take it to Dunton, and not knowing to work the finance out. 15 days ago I took my present car down to give me PX price, which I accepted. Was told we be ready to go once the ecall is rolled out. Not heard from them since. Tried phoning yesterday. Couldn't get through.
Absolute joke.
Why are some dealers so useless. The finance is not any different to what they do normally.
Sponsored

themagicrobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang V8, Bond Equipe, Opel Monza, NSU Quickly, BSA Bantam
Country flag
Today I made three short trips and each time I switched on the screen said
“System is off to save battery”
I know this refers to the 12v battery as I got this same message on my Mustang V8 last winter when I hadn't used it for a month and the battery did indeed need considerable charging. There's stuff like the alarm etc that runs the battery down after a period.
But the MME doesn't have an alternator. I would have expected that the big battery would trickle charge the 12v battery all the time if the car was running or not. At least I would have hoped so. The big battery is showing 80% at the moment. Of course the car was sitting about for months at Antwerp and various other compounds before I received it and as I work from home I don't do anything like the daily miles I used to....but still.....wouldn't they have made sure the 12v battery was at 100% before I took delivery and should the 12v battery get dangerously low after a mere three weeks of ownership and a mere 300 miles travelled???????????

Last edited:
OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
I know this refers to the 12v battery as I got this same message on my Mustang V8 last winter when I hadn't used it for a month and the battery did indeed need considerable charging. There's stuff like the alarm etc that runs the battery down after a period.
But the MME doesn't have an alternator. I would have expected that the big battery would trickle charge the 12v battery all the time if the car was running or not. At least I would have hoped so. The big battery is showing 80% at the moment. Of course the car was sitting about for months at Antwerp and various other compounds before I received it and as I work from home I don't do anything like the daily miles aI used to....but still.....wouldn't they have made sure the 12v battery was at 100% before I took delivery and should the 12v battery get dangerously low after a mere three weeks of ownership and a mere 300 miles travelled???????????
Hmmm… concerning to hear, as they had a lot of 12v issues early on when they just started US deliveries. Might be worth checking the voltage.

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
But the MME doesn't have an alternator. I would have expected that the big battery would trickle charge the 12v battery all the time if the car was running or not. At least I would have hoped so. The big battery is showing 80% at the moment. Of course the car was sitting about for months at Antwerp and various other compounds before I received it and as I work from home I don't do anything like the daily miles I used to....but still.....wouldn't they have made sure the 12v battery was at 100% before I took delivery and should the 12v battery get dangerously low after a mere three weeks of ownership and a mere 300 miles travelled???????????
You may want to check that the battery wasn't missed in antwerp and that it doesn't need changing. Hopefully it will be nothing but worth being checked.

themagicrobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've a "classic" car that seldom gets used and it's hooked up to a trickle charger all the time. I have a "shopping" car the family use for short runs that has a fault no one can fix that drains the battery and so I have got into the routine of charging it up monthly. I wouldn't mind charging the MME 12v battery monthly too when I charge the big battery but from other threads it seems access to the 12v battery is a PITA.

Reactions: EVS

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I had the same thing happen to me last week. After all the issues with 12v batteries that our friends in the US had I bought a battery monitor that you plug in to the 12v socket in the storage under the armrest and it seems that my 12v is fine and fully charged.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
I had the same thing happen to me last week. After all the issues with 12v batteries that our friends in the US had I bought a battery monitor that you plug in to the 12v socket in the storage under the armrest and it seems that my 12v is fine and fully charged.
Would you mind sharing a link to the battery monitor, if you bought it online? Sounds like it could be handy to have.

themagicrobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you saying the car might be exaggerating and the battery is ok? When I got that message on the V8 the battery was really low and the charger showed just 2 bars and it took a 6 hour charge to get back to full/8 bars,

I actually have one of those battery monitors already on another car. It's handy as you plug it in the cigarette lighter socket(or whatever they call that socket now in the C21st) and it has two usb outlets for other devices. Will check again in the morning.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Are you saying the car might be exaggerating and the battery is ok? When I got that message on the V8 the battery was really low and the charger showed just 2 bars and it took a 6 hour charge to get back to full/8 bars,

I actually have one of those battery monitors already on another car. It's handy as you plug it in the cigarette lighter socket(or whatever they call that socket now in the C21st) and it has two usb outlets for other devices. Will check again in the morning.
All I am saying is that I had the same message and when I plugged in my monitor to check, the battery seemed fine.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
All I am saying is that I had the same message and when I plugged in my monitor to check, the battery seemed fine.

Yes it probably did. But a no load test is worthless. The only way to test a 12v battery is under load!.

Guys- if you've had these on screen messages there is almost certainly a problem. Get your cars down to the dealer and get the battery's drop-tested (ie under load). you may need new battery's !

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
They claimed the issue with the 12v batteries were failing to charge/going flat was a software fault which they sent a fix out for.

The error should be reported to ford, I assume via the concierge.

Or

Stuart Rowley​
President, Ford of Europe​

P.S. If there’s any part of your Mach-E experience that you’d like to talk about, then my team would love to hear from you. You can call us on 020 3564 4444 and select Option 3 or email[email protected]

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20210620-205216_Amazon Shoppin
it was a letter in the post.

Copy attached as requested.
This is very interesting. I am assuming you haven't actually signed the finance agreement and taken delivery before you received this letter. I have just spoken to Ford Credit and the girl told me that existing customers(albeit only 3 weeks in) are not getting the reduced rate. What a crock of ? that is.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
This is very interesting. I am assuming you haven't actually signed the finance agreement and taken delivery before you received this letter. I have just spoken to Ford Credit and the girl told me that existing customers(albeit only 3 weeks in) are not getting the reduced rate. What a crock of ? that is.
How long is the cooling off on the finance? I think it's very poor customer service not to offer this to those who picked up their cars a few weeks ago.
Sponsored