grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Pray impart your methods, oh @portlandg ??
I deleted my vehicle from my Ford pass app, then unistalled the app. I then reinstalled the app and started with my car details all over again. It did take me a couple of times but eventually it worked. You also need to delete the profile you set up manually in the car system otherwise it will add a second profile, but you have to name it something different as it wont accept two profiles with the same name. If you dont and you wait until you upload a second profile it will also set up your auto seat setting to the next position. You then can't reassign that setting number. ie if you have your profile without a pic on no.1, your new profile with pic will need to be set up to no 2. You can't then change no. 2 to no. 1.
The biggest issue is that the app is VERY temperamental (at least mine is). One minute all the functions work, the next only some work. It takes two/three times to open, it keeps crashing, takes ages to load details (if it does actually load) and overall is as useless I as feared. As is usual with Ford, you report the issues but don't hear back. I have sent at least 4 emails and have got a message back saying that the message was deleted without being read. What is the point of having customer services if they don't read your emails.
Anyway, hope this helps. If it doesn't don't blame me. The way the systems are working (or not) what works for me might not work for you.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hmm odd. Mine actually let's me send it. Says sent. But nothing shows up in the car. I can create one in the car but it won't let me upload a photo. Says photo must be a contact photo in the list. So I create a contact for my wife on my phone with a photo, make sure I can see the contact photo on the car screen, then create a profile for the same name as contact but still comes up with the same contact photo message...
This is exactly what happened to me. See my post #9812

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
If anyone else is having issues with the FordPAss app then try sending an email to the following address :- [email protected]

If enough of us report any issues they might, 1st - Read our emails and 2nd - do something about the issues. I know when Rebecca was still concierge I did report an issue to her that I had in the early days of getting my car and she passed on my details to someone and they managed to remotely reset it for me. I have sent the latest issues to her and Hannah but still not heard anything.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
This is exactly what happened to me. See my post #9812
Thanks Grahame, quick question, after deleting the car from the app and then reinstalling the app, did you activate the car first or set up and the send the profile first and then activate?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thanks Grahame, quick question, after deleting the car from the app and then reinstalling the app, did you activate the car first or set up and the send the profile first and then activate?
I set it up in the app and sent to vehicle and then went to the car and turned it on.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Quick update on Isle of Skye road trip. Done 800 miles since Thursday afternoon on all sort of road conditions. The car is fabulous. Only issues carplay a bit fiddly and doesnā€™t always work though that just may be me. The Ford navigation system doesnā€™t allow you to choose chargers earlier or later in a trip than the ones they suggest. The biggest issue is the poor turning circle compared to my kuga. If anyone knows the answer to the navigation charger issue. I would be grateful. I have attached a picture of me charging in the middle of nowhere. I know i have given 3 niggles but the car is still the best i have driven

41239497-DC0A-4A8C-829B-D6500A52E273.jpeg
Strange re the turning circle as it's a similar size to the kuga.

I find it hard to 3 point turn etc as visibility isn't as good as the kuga.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I set it up in the app and sent to vehicle and then went to the c
I set it up in the app and sent to vehicle and then went to the car and turned it on.
Thanks Grahame, what I meant was after you'd deleted the vin in the app and then reinstalled the app and added the vin. Did you send the activation request again and accept in the car to authorise Fordpass before you then sent the profile. Or did you send the profile first, accept that in the car, and sort out the activation side of it later?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Thanks Grahame, what I meant was after you'd deleted the vin in the app and then reinstalled the app and added the vin. Did you send the activation request again and accept in the car to authorise Fordpass before you then sent the profile. Or did you send the profile first, accept that in the car, and sort out the activation side of it later?
To be perfectly honest with you I cannot remember exactly. It was trial and error with a lot of frustration. All I can remember is that it took a few attempts and that it seemed to work when I started from scratch.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Strange re the turning circle as it's a similar size to the kuga.

I find it hard to 3 point turn etc as visibility isn't as good as the kuga.
According to the specs, the MME turning circle is 11.5M and the Kuga (my 2017 ST Line X 2L diesel 180ps) was 11.1M

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be perfectly honest with you I cannot remember exactly. It was trial and error with a lot of frustration. All I can remember is that it took a few attempts and that it seemed to work when I started from scratch.
Thanks again Grahame, I'll set aside some time to try it then!

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Any news from The Ham?
Ha, was literally just logging on to send you a message! Spoke briefly to Harry just now, who said his manager is handling the update process but that this guy is off today (not helpful). I asked if I could come in and see the car, and do paperwork etc, with he said would be good, and he'll speak to his manager when they're both in on Thursday to agree when's best. (Harry is off tomorrow so he can't speak to his manager until then apparently). I might just call them again tomorrow to see if I can talk direct to their manager about arranging a visit to do the paper work do a visual inspection of the car.

No sign on the tappsDate data of any change since the early morning movements on Friday. Anything your end?

Kdpt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, MG ZS EV
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Whine & Electronic/noise?

When driving slow with window down theres a low level whine/drone from the drive, also have the slight screen buzz when just sitting at stop not enough to be annoying but definitely there, also a very subtle murmuring electronic(y) sound (hard to describe) only just about discernible & at a very low level at lower speeds,

It does have a premium feel to it, after different comments about it being small/large to me it does feel quite big, lots of room in rear etc.
All ready had a several comments all good about the car, one blocking me slighty with his van to shout out 'what a f***k*** great looking car mate'.

Drives very well not quite as fast as I imagined, suspension for me feels just about right for the roads here and my driving style.
Last few years had several Audi A5's & the MG ZS EV (my 1st EV), not quite as quiet as the MG & feels only slighty faster (to me).
Steering has a small dead spot again in time will just feel normal.
Not sure of the boot cover yet, appears flimsy.
The charge Port door is just asking to be knocked into the bodywork if you were charging in a busy car park and people rushing past the car (need to 3D print/buy the little protector).

After the long wait bottom line is I'm very happy and pleased so far.
Its as a few others have mentioned you almost have to go out of your way to find things to fault. (All the above comments are my personal first impressions of the car and hope everyone on here gets their cars delivered soon).

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Ha, was literally just logging on to send you a message! Spoke briefly to Harry just now, who said his manager is handling the update process but that this guy is off today (not helpful). I asked if I could come in and see the car, and do paperwork etc, with he said would be good, and he'll speak to his manager when they're both in on Thursday to agree when's best. (Harry is off tomorrow so he can't speak to his manager until then apparently). I might just call them again tomorrow to see if I can talk direct to their manager about arranging a visit to do the paper work do a visual inspection of the car.

No sign on the tappsDate data of any change since the early morning movements on Friday. Anything your end?
No he is away this week. Which is why he said by the end of the month probably.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Whine & Electronic/noise?

When driving slow with window down theres a low level whine/drone from the drive, also have the slight screen buzz when just sitting at stop not enough to be annoying but definitely there, also a very subtle murmuring electronic(y) sound (hard to describe) only just about discernible & at a very low level at lower speeds,
Iā€™ve heard a few people say about the mysterious noise at slow speeds, but they werenā€™t aware that between 1mph and 19mph the car emits an electronic ā€œengineā€ noise to alert pedestrians that you are there. I would say almost certainly this is what you are hearing. Nothing to worry about, itā€™s designed that way :)
Sponsored