SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
I think they have taken the servers down for maintenance / fixes - it may fix some of the bugs we have at the moment - so no complaints here :)
Please god let this be true! Iā€™ve been pulling my hair out with it. So bad. Seriously guys @Ford Motor Company, with the greatest respect, can you please just put this app in the bin and start again, from the ground up, with a dedicated app for your electric vehicles only. The current app is really negatively impacting the ownership experience. Can you also please allow us to set maximum charge % in the vehicle, so when the app does go down at times like this I donā€™t have to wake up at 4am to stop the car at 80%! ??

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Is anyone else able to log into their FordPass app and/or their Ford account online?

Neither are working for me. Error message when trying online and wrong password or username when trying the appā€¦ which itā€™s never asked for before. Strange.
My fordpass app has just crashed and then went right back to square one but freezes on an acceptance page. This happened to me once before when they did a system refresh (opposed to an update). Hopefully when it comes back online it might work better. I'm not holding my breath though.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Please god let this be true! Iā€™ve been pulling my hair out with it. So bad. Seriously guys @Ford Motor Company, with the greatest respect, can you please just put this app in the bin and start again, from the ground up, with a dedicated app for your electric vehicles only. The current app is really negatively impacting the ownership experience. Can you also please allow us to set maximum charge % in the vehicle, so when the app does go down at times like this I donā€™t have to wake up at 4am to stop the car at 80%! ??
You already can set a maximum charge rate in the car. Just go to the tab where you can set preferred charge times and there is a tab to set maximum charge amount.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
You already can set a maximum charge rate in the car. Just go to the tab where you can set preferred charge times and there is a tab to set maximum charge amount.
So you can!! Thanks Grahameā€¦ Although Iā€™m sure I wasnā€™t able to do this before! Bizarrely my home charger in the car is a random locationā€¦ in the app itā€™s correct, in the car itā€™s set to somewhere in Buckinghamshire!

UPDATE: Deleted the Buckinghamshire address from my home charger, now itā€™s telling me I must charge at a location before I can set itā€¦ have tried charging, wonā€™t turn up as an optionā€¦ so now I really am going to have to wake at 4am after allā€¦ ???

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Fordpass is a steaming pile of ....

And so is their attitude to maintaining it.

They don't announce when it's being worked on so now we have an app that is currently crashing with no knowledge why. Only coming here tells us it's not an issue with our phone or connection.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So you can!! Thanks Grahameā€¦ Although Iā€™m sure I wasnā€™t able to do this before! Bizarrely my home charger in the car is a random locationā€¦ in the app itā€™s correct, in the car itā€™s set to somewhere in Buckinghamshire!

UPDATE: Deleted the Buckinghamshire address from my home charger, now itā€™s telling me I must charge at a location before I can set itā€¦ have tried charging, wonā€™t turn up as an optionā€¦ so now I really am going to have to wake at 4am after allā€¦ ???
I had the same issue. And that was also when the app went down as well. It will come back. Just bear with it. Its a o pain but that is one of the problems of being early to the party. And I think there is a GPS issue with the car too. Mine tells me I am 4 houses away

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
I had the same issue. And that was also when the app went down as well. It will come back. Just bear with it. Its a o pain but that is one of the problems of being early to the party. And I think there is a GPS issue with the car too. Mine tells me I am 4 houses away
So charge session was recognised, but itā€™s put the Buckinghamshire address againā€¦ I hope their eCall patch worked ??

Reassuring that youā€™ve had similar though. Hopefully improvements tomorrow.

IronAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD SR
Country flag
I know someone probably answered this a while ago but does anyone know if it's possible to buy a mustang key fob and have it programmed to work with the Mach E?

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
My car is booked in to receive the E-call patch later this morning at 9AM. Hoping it resolves the incredibly hopeless FordPass app telling me my car is 30 miles from where it actually is. This also doesnā€™t allow me to save my home charge location like @SJ_Okay

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Anybody else having to enable Journey Recording like every time they go to the little boys room? How did this app pass certification? And its bad enough you have to keep re-enabling it, whatā€™s worse is it clears history of any recorded journeys you had logged previously.

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Tailgate is on automatic and hands free booked in for Monday for them to take a look. Nothing stops it on its course almost took my arm off yesterday!

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm still a bit confused about the 80%. I understand this is recommended as it is better for the battery. However, isn't there already a buffer provided in that the car set up to only allow approx 90% of capacity to be available? At an online live ford mme event a couple weeks back someone asked ford if charging to 100% was ok and the response from Ford was yes (see screenshot). Now I'm as sceptical as the next person about what advice comes from Ford "experts" but even if they were wrong, doesn't the 10% non-usable buffer mean if you want to work to the 80% charge then you should really be charging to 90%?
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20210616-211029_Brave
Sponsored