Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
FYI if taking your car in for the E-call patch make sure it’s above 75% charge when it arrives . Otherwise they’ll waste your time charging it till 80 before they even start. 2 hours in and they just realised this and they’re now charging the car. For the love of all that is holy.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
FYI if taking your car in for the E-call patch make sure it’s above 75% charge when it arrives . Otherwise they’ll waste your time charging it till 80 before they even start. 2 hours in and they just realised this and they’re now charging the car. For the love of all that is holy.
I *think* they're 7kw chargers too... you might be better off driving it to a rapid somewhere nearby!

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
I *think* they're 7kw chargers too... you might be better off driving it to a rapid somewhere nearby!
I think it’s worse . Firstly they plugged it into a charger that wasn’t working . I only noticed because the app said plugged in, not charging . That was another 40 minutes wasted. They now plugged it into another charger and it’s so friggin slow I swear my iPhone charger would charge it faster. I’m going to be here all day at this rate.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
I think it’s worse . Firstly they plugged it into a charger that wasn’t working . I only noticed because the app said plugged in, not charging . That was another 40 minutes wasted. They now plugged it into another charger and it’s so friggin slow I swear my iPhone charger would charge it faster. I’m going to be here all day at this rate.
Yikes ? Yeah, when I went to inspect mine last week, I plugged the Peugeot into their charger for an hour and I got about 4 miles of range. Any 50kw or 22kw nearby?

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi all,

I know once the eCall fix is applied we will actually know where our cars are ??

But I was debating whether to buy a "tracker" just in case the fix doesn't actually work (!) or more importantly somebody decides to "borrow" my car. This is not something I know anything about ?

Has anyone purchased one for their car, or has any thoughts and/or recommendations on this?

Any help would be appreciated - thanks ?
David

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Hi all,

I know once the eCall fix is applied we will actually know where our cars are ??

But I was debating whether to buy a "tracker" just in case the fix doesn't actually work (!) or more importantly somebody decides to "borrow" my car. This is not something I know anything about ?

Has anyone purchased one for their car, or has any thoughts and/or recommendations on this?

David
I have an Airtag hidden in mine. And will not be removing it even after the ‘fix’ is applied.

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
So arrived at 9AM, time is now 15:04 and been told the update is half way through. Sounds like they’re installing Windows 95 from a floppy disc drive. This is 2021, it shouldn’t be this hard.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Hi all,

David
I won't bother, it's what insurance is for. I'd rather my car wasn't found again and get a new one than have something stolen recovered.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So arrived at 9AM, time is now 15:04 and been told the update is half way through. Sounds like they’re installing Windows 95 from a floppy disc drive. This is 2021, it shouldn’t be this hard.
ooopppsss. They are going to lose out big time then. Ford are saying it should take about 2 hours.
Sponsored