Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
I've just updated from 3.27.1 to 3.29 and I still have securialert on my FordPAss app. I had 3.27 on my app BEFORE I got the update 1.4 that gave me securialert. I am using android so if you are using iOS it might be different. Ask @Wonky_Donkey as I know he is using iOS
Whereabouts is Securialert on FordPass? I have had OTA 1.4 and updated FordPass to 3.29 but can't see it anywhere!
Sponsored

Tr1cky49

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
Have you considered going for a tethered charger. Less to do each time you plug in (and when its raining you appreciate that) you can get tethered leads 10m long. I've used a tethered lead for the last 4 years with my PHEV and am glad I did.
Actually, a tethered charger is my preferred option. However, that's only if the charger can be positioned on the side of my house; I'd prefer not to have a charger with a coil of cable visible on the front of the house (kerb appeal, mostly, to be honest). The problem is that the side I want the charger on is the opposite side from where the meter/consumer unit are. Plus we have a porch that sticks out, so the options are:
  1. Compromise on charger location so that it's closer to the meter and go with an untethered unit so that it doesn't look quite so messy with the charging cable coiled around/next to it. (might not be possible with the lengths of lead we're talking though)
  2. Keep the charger where I want it but deal with an unsightly power cable running all the way over the front of our house.
  3. Dig a trench under our drive, put ducting in it and then have the installer run the power cable through that.
Option 3 seems like the neatest one, but it does mean digging an approximately 15 metre trench, which has to be 400mm deep. It's is a bit of a pain, but probably worth it in the long run in terms of keeping the kerb appeal of the house and keeping the charger in the best location for actually charging the car.

The EV point runs off you’re fuse board, not your meter.
Meter access is only for CT’s which a lot of manufacturers can do remotely.
May or May not help, as some meters and fuse boards are in the same location.
Going from the meter was mentioned by the installer. To be honest I think he's struggling with this one a bit - I've sent him pictures and video of the property but I can tell he's already dreading this one (unless I make it easy for him and do the digging/ducting option mentioned above).

Like others in the thread my Mach E is also stuck in Mexico at the moment (built at the end of July, but missed every shipment since) so I've got time to get this sorted.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Whereabouts is Securialert on FordPass? I have had OTA 1.4 and updated FordPass to 3.29 but can't see it anywhere!
On “Big Red” SecuriAlert popped up on my FordPass app v3.26 back in early August just after I got Power-Up 1.4.0. It looks like this…

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1FD0635C-042C-4351-8CCD-BEA8F27189B2
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 5A216364-9BA0-45B8-B4A3-7FA171F536BD

On my loaner “Big Blue” it received Power-Up 1.4.0 today - but SecuriAlert doesn’t show up at all.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Like @Wonky_Donkey I have had access to securialert for a few weeks. Still have it with the latest app update. Perhaps it's a RWD/AWD thing. Mine and Big Red are RWD ER and I know Big Blue is an AWD ER
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20210902-211807_FordPass
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20210902-211752_FordPass

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
I notice you all have pretty car pictures too. I don’t ?

55601A79-D185-4422-BB69-2F3D49F54162.png

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Is walk away lock not available in the UK? It's not an option in the 'Lock' drop down menu
Unfortunately not - it’s part of the Phone As A Key (PAAK) technology that has been disabled in the UK.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
When I get problems like this I delete the app and reload it. Ordinarily, it resets everything and it goes back to normal.
Do you just delete the app, or remove vehicle first and readd?

I have Ford pass on my iPad and it shows the same.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
New owner woes here!

Puddle lights and greeting still not working!
Checked my Ford Pass app a few minutes ago and no securialert, but I do have the pretty pic of my car.

Completely separately how do I do screen shots on my Huawei P30 Pro? Android and proud of course!

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
New owner woes here!

Puddle lights and greeting still not working!
Checked my Ford Pass app a few minutes ago and no securialert, but I do have the pretty pic of my car.

Completely separately how do I do screen shots on my Huawei P30 Pro? Android and proud of course!
I think Vol down and power button together
Sponsored