grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Having just travelled up and down to the lake district over the weekend and now have done 4500 miles I have just seen my second (I am not counting @Wonky_Donkey's loaner) MME on the road. Weirdly I was two cars behind it on my way to work. Anyone on here live in Weymouth?
By the way, on our way back from Windermere stopped at Stafford South and Bridgewater services. Both were Gridserve Electric Highway charging units, both available on arrival and both gave me a decent top up in 30 minutes which is no longer than we would have stopped if we were in our old ICE car. This EV ownership experience is getting better and better. Car performed wonderfully on the journey although my miles/kwh did take a hit from the previous road trip. Down from 4.1 to 3.5 average. Still good in my books as it was 95% motorway at motorway speeds. I must admit though, didn't have heat or AC on. Didn't need it.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It appears that FordPass app has had an update. I am now on 3 32 and some interesting changes have been made. Wonder if it will work any better?

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It appears that FordPass app has had an update. I am now on 3 32 and some interesting changes have been made. Wonder if it will work any better?

See what you mean. Don't know if it'll be any more use/ful/less!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I used to get a really annoying text overlap on the front screen where the "Updated xxx hours ago" and the "View Chargers" button sat on top of each other - that now seems to be fixed.

However the My Journeys (which was working really well) seems to have limited itself to four trips a day for me yesterday when I was actually pinging around the county like nobody's business. I'll give it a few days to settle - might be a sync thing.

One amusing thing though - the "View chargers" button that brings up a list of the closest Ford Network charging points now directs me to the Porsche Dealership up the road. I'm sure they'd be well chuffed if I rocked up and plugged my Mach-E in there ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 12.50.50

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Having just travelled up and down to the lake district over the weekend and now have done 4500 miles I have just seen my second (I am not counting @Wonky_Donkey's loaner) MME on the road. Weirdly I was two cars behind it on my way to work. Anyone on here live in Weymouth?
By the way, on our way back from Windermere stopped at Stafford South and Bridgewater services. Both were Gridserve Electric Highway charging units, both available on arrival and both gave me a decent top up in 30 minutes which is no longer than we would have stopped if we were in our old ICE car. This EV ownership experience is getting better and better. Car performed wonderfully on the journey although my miles/kwh did take a hit from the previous road trip. Down from 4.1 to 3.5 average. Still good in my books as it was 95% motorway at motorway speeds. I must admit though, didn't have heat or AC on. Didn't need it.
4.1-3.5 is ridiculously good. i am averaging 3.1, with aircon (22 deg), Active mode and 1PD. about 70% of my miles are motorway, rest local stuff

fozzydabear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER VW Beetle Cab
Occupation
Silly Grandad
Country flag
I used to get a really annoying text overlap on the front screen where the "Updated xxx hours ago" and the "View Chargers" button sat on top of each other - that now seems to be fixed.

However the My Journeys (which was working really well) seems to have limited itself to four trips a day for me yesterday when I was actually pinging around the county like nobody's business. I'll give it a few days to settle - might be a sync thing.

One amusing thing though - the "View chargers" button that brings up a list of the closest Ford Network charging points now directs me to the Porsche Dealership up the road. I'm sure they'd be well chuffed if I rocked up and plugged my Mach-E in there ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 12.50.50
While investigating a trip to Western France on PlugShare I noticed a charger just outside Caen. It was in an undertakers but it included lodgings and McDonalds nearby.
On closer look it was actually next door to the undertakers (I think and hope),

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
4.1-3.5 is ridiculously good. i am averaging 3.1, with aircon (22 deg), Active mode and 1PD. about 70% of my miles are motorway, rest local stuff
Ah but you've got the additional efficiency hit of having AWD compared to Grahame.

I found the same when switching between driving a RWD and an AWD. There can be quite a difference between the two.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
While we’re chewing over miles/kWh numbers, I got home from the supermarket and noticed this…. (ignore the shocking taste in music - I was having a retro day) ?

I wish I could average that all the time! I’d be getting nearly 500 miles a charge

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers C5432C44-F295-4C27-B982-B97E2BBE0F22

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Saw something cool on my way to take 'Pegasus' to a local detailer this morning. As I drove into the village where he is based, parked in a layby on my nearside, facing me, was a guy in a '55 Chevy Belair- slightly rodded. I used to be seriously involved with a Drag Race team in the early 70's who used to race 55 and 57 Belair's at Santa Pod. Very special days and a wonderful experience.

Anyway I waved and gave the guy a thumbs-up. He realised I was in a Mustang and waved back. Silly I know but it meant a lot to me. ;)

I recommend a Day at the pod to experience how awesome (and noisy!) drag racing can be. The next season will start next Spring I guess.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Just popped in to say I’m now running OTA 1.7.1 ?

Did I get it OTA….no.

If you have FDRS, there is a new APIM update. It took me 5 and a half hours to get it on mind! Many issues, but I can now wallow in my own crapulence. Rest assured I won’t be doing it again in a hurry. (Probably will tho…)

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Dumb q. I see Sync mentioned quite a lot by US folks. What exactly does it do? It relevant to UK folks?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
If you have FDRS, there is a new APIM update. It took me 5 and a half hours to get it on mind! Many issues, but I can now wallow in my own crapulence. Rest assured I won’t be doing it again in a hurry. (Probably will tho…)
I tip my hat to you for giving it a go. You are a very very brave! (and for using Windows 11 for the extra element of danger as well!)

We will bask in the shadow of your 1.7.1'ness until our OTA finally arrives :)

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
I drove to Manchester and back yesterday left at 5am (outside temp 7c) 440 mile round trip in a SR RWD. Stopped once each way for a 30 minute charge up, 20 minutes down. Thought i'd test out a few variations, so started with lights, e-heat on at 20c and 85mph motorway, got 2.3. Same but with e-heat off was 2.7. Lights & e-heat at 70mph was 2.9, No lights with e-heat at 70mph was 2.9 and lastly, no lights, no e-heat at 70mph was 3.7.

Made the trip more interesting and was good as it was early enough that I was constant at those speeds over a fair distance. I also tried this in untamed (which I use all the time) and Whisper and there was no difference at all in kwh. I try to only use Gridserve where I can as it's brilliant, especially Rugby Services where there are 12 chargers (saw another black Mach-e there yesterday).
Sponsored