First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Wow good photo.
Anyone know a good tyre pressure for sr awd to minimise the bouncy ride (as much as a pressure can)?
Sponsored

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Wow good photo.
Anyone know a good tyre pressure for sr awd to minimise the bouncy ride (as much as a pressure can)?
You could always lower the pressure slightly but keep a watch on the tyre tread wear with a tyre tread depth gauge. Go too low and economy and handling can suffer. Also, the tyres may heat up too much at higher speeds and cause a blowout. I've just kept mine at the recommended Ford values although mine is an ER AWD so heavier than yours.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I wonder if the results are different for those cars with the panoramic glass roof? The cars on the video all had metal roofs.
The safety cage should be the same on all models, and I donā€™t think the roof on modern cars is much more than a thin metal sheet. So there should be little difference between metal or glass roof integrity..

I must admit I was pretty impressed by how little the car deformed on the side impact tests. I donā€™t think the windscreen even cracked.

The IIHS (USA) tests were also carried out on a solid roof version.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's been a while coming, but EURO NCAP finally released their crash safety report on the Mach-E today....

Good to see it got a 5 Star rating :)

Full report here

Mach-E EURO NCAP Results.png

Just found the time to watch the video. Seriously impressive. I feel safer already!

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if the exterior (side) mirrors on the mach-e auto tilt when reversing?
No they don't.

If it's a must have for you, the 'hack' is to create a second memory profile with the mirrors tilted. Then when you need it, just press profile 2 on the physical button and hey presto, you're looking at the kerb.

Unpopular opinion: I've also never understood why people want this as a permanent feature, when parallel parking on a busy road, I very much like to see what's coming alongside me rather than watching the ground. Same for any reversing really.

?

Last edited:

Marcho

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previous, Maserati Granturismo. MV Brutale RR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had that message once when I had accidentally left the car on after try to get charge at a public charger. Just did what it said and 10 or so seconds it was fine. So think it's exactly what it says and is saving the power.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Wow good photo.

recently sat in the back of an ICE Merc E Class, and wow, how bouncy the ride is soooo apparent.

i have gotten used to the MME by now but my wife still grimaces when she sits in it. that's the only gripe she has about it.

i dearly wish there was an aftermarket solution to this. i think some of our US friends have changed the shocks and that seems to have worked but i don't want to go that route. it isn't that big a problem. once we hit the motorways, the ride is good.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
this has probably been asked and answered, but those of you who set departure time ... i am guessing you adjust for Detroit Time ? so set DT + 5hrs (4hrs today until US switches time)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I've set my cars clock to our local time and the departure time I have set comes on at the correct UK time. I don't understand why you say your car is defaulting to Detroit time but if it is it sounds like you need a visit to your dealer for a reset. Have you asked them about it?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Think some systems work Uk time and the departure time works on Detroit time. I once set the time for 5 to warm the car up but it didnā€™t work. Then at 10pm my car was on and it freaked out my wife who thought it was being stolen.

PuTMaN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Site Manager
Country flag
The app has always been stuck on Detroit Time for me, but seems be correct to UK time.
Post code is still incorrect on the app too, but I just ignore that now.
None of the above seems to effect the car.
Sponsored