Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
My car went to the doctors again today to try and fix the ongoing issue with my welcome/puddle lights. Service manager told me that he thought that there was an update available but wasn't sure if it would help as they are not told what the updates do or are far. Oh well, let's try it.
I am beginning to think that our car updates are like the FordPass app updates. You get used to using one thing, along comes an update and you lose what you have been used to using and get something irrelevant in it's place. As soon as I got back in the car and started it up there was a problem. I like to have my displays permanently set to dark. On starting, my main screen was light. Went to the settings to change it and noticed it was STILL set on dark but screen was light. Couldn't change it. All settings kept it on light. Drivers display still OK though. Have gained the notes button when you touch the profile button. Can't for the life of me think where that will be useful. Sync version has changed but car still says I am on power up 1.6.0. Looks like it will be going back to doctors AGAIN. For a £50,000 car I am disappointed with these issues. Updates are supposed to improve things NOT make them worse. Come on Ford. Get your act together.
Mine's going in for a software update mid December after my welcome lights did not welcome me and I had no interior lights. Also the main screen was blank when I got in. Restarted and then everything was all right. The software update will take 6 hours apparently. We'll see what happens... I'm being given a fossil Fiesta as a courtesy car. Lovely... :(

Regarding yours I wonder if the car has to sort itself out which means a few restarts. They are computers on wheels with all the advantages/disadvantages that goes with it. Think of it like the several restarts that happen when you update a PC BIOS.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Mine's going in for a software update mid December after my welcome lights did not welcome me and I had no interior lights. Also the main screen was blank when I got in. Restarted and then everything was all right. The software update will take 6 hours apparently. We'll see what happens... I'm being given a fossil Fiesta as a courtesy car. Lovely... :(

Regarding yours I wonder if the car has to sort itself out which means a few restarts. They are computers on wheels with all the advantages/disadvantages that goes with it. Think of it like the several restarts that happen when you update a PC BIOS.
Hope you have better luck with your welcome lights than me. 3 times mine has been in for updates and they still don't work as they should. I have done 5 restarts since last night and still my centre screen is light when button says dark.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hope you have better luck with your welcome lights than me. 3 times mine has been in for updates and they still don't work as they should. I have done 5 restarts since last night and still my centre screen is light when button says dark.
All these issues with the dealers doing software updates kinda makes me wary of letting them near my car for that. That said they’re gonna have their paws all over it for all the hardware issues I’ve got going on right now - hopefully that’s more in their comfort zone.

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
All these issues with the dealers doing software updates kinda makes me wary of letting them near my car for that. That said they’re gonna have their paws all over it for all the hardware issues I’ve got going on right now - hopefully that’s more in their comfort zone.
Trouble is that when you take it in for anything they plug it in to the diagnostics and if there are any updates pertaining to your particular car, it would seem that not every car gets the same updates, the updates usually download automatically. The dealers don't even know what the update is for most of the time. Hope you get yours fixed soon.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Trouble is that when you take it in for anything they plug it in to the diagnostics and if there are any updates pertaining to your particular car, it would seem that not every car gets the same updates, the updates usually download automatically. The dealers don't even know what the update is for most of the time. Hope you get yours fixed soon.
I will be in the same boat on Monday, my 12v battery not appearing to hold charge/charge up properly will be either a dodgy battery or software related so I'm sure they'll go down the software route first.

TomW

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hello all. Hoping some one can shed some light for me.
Ordered standard RWD a few weeks ago it being the 2021 edition. Does this model come with Blis and Lane keeping aid etc? I can only see the spec for the 2022 model.
will probably cancel and re order if thereis more kit on the 2022.25.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hello all. Hoping some one can shed some light for me.
Ordered standard RWD a few weeks ago it being the 2021 edition. Does this model come with Blis and Lane keeping aid etc? I can only see the spec for the 2022 model.
will probably cancel and re order if thereis more kit on the 2022.25.

The Standard Range RWD 2021 model did come with Lane Keep Assist, and Blind Spot Warning as standard. I've attached the 2021 spec sheet for you if that helps. :)

As far as I'm aware the 2022 models don't come with anything over and above the 2021 models, but configuration options are different. The 2022 SR RWD model does allow you to order the additional Tech Pack+ features for an extra £3,600 which were previously exclusive to the Extended Range vehicles.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

TomW

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The Standard Range RWD 2021 model did come with Lane Keep Assist, and Blind Spot Warning as standard. I've attached the 2021 spec sheet for you if that helps. :)

As far as I'm aware the 2022 models don't come with anything over and above the 2021 models, but configuration options are different. The 2022 SR RWD model does allow you to order the additional Tech Pack+ features for an extra £3,600 which were previously exclusive to the Extended Range vehicles.

Hope that helps.
Thank you very much! It was confusing as they weren’t included on the key features on the order sheet. I shall keep what I’ve ordered now (should be arriving end of Feb currently waiting to get on a ship out of Mexico)

Thanks again.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
If any of you take your car into your dealer for anything and they say that there is an update (to sync) available ask them not to download it. I had it done on Monday any I have had nothing but issues since. My centre screen won't change from light to dark although the button in settings is set to dark mode. This morning I got into the car and I can't set my profile to the default profile. Car will only accept guest, although I haven't set this up. My OPD reset to off causing my car to move as soon as I put it in reverse and let the foot brake off nearly backing into garage door.
Ford obviously aren't testing these updates before they release them into the world. Makes you wonder what will happen when you are driving down the road.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
If any of you take your car into your dealer for anything and they say that there is an update (to sync) available ask them not to download it. I had it done on Monday any I have had nothing but issues since. My centre screen won't change from light to dark although the button in settings is set to dark mode. This morning I got into the car and I can't set my profile to the default profile. Car will only accept guest, although I haven't set this up. My OPD reset to off causing my car to move as soon as I put it in reverse and let the foot brake off nearly backing into garage door.
Ford obviously aren't testing these updates before they release them into the world. Makes you wonder what will happen when you are driving down the road.
I don't know what my update will consist of mid December. Here's hoping they iron out the bugs for all of us. Speaking of bugs, my indicator sounds played up yesterday with the clicking sound every 2 flashes instead of with every flash. Stopped switched on and off again and then it was ok.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Graham,

I know its a massive pain, but have you tried a master reset.
When I did my update using FDRS, I ended up doing a master reset and everything is now hunky dorey....

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
I don't know what my update will consist of mid December. Here's hoping they iron out the bugs for all of us. Speaking of bugs, my indicator sounds played up yesterday with the clicking sound every 2 flashes instead of with every flash. Stopped switched on and off again and then it was ok.
I had that little gremlin once quite a while back, never since!

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
Graham,

I know its a massive pain, but have you tried a master reset.
When I did my update using FDRS, I ended up doing a master reset and everything is now hunky dorey....
I am finally expecting delivery of my MME early next month. Would you recomend that I push TrustFord who are doing the PDI to update all the modules before I get it and do a master reset before I start connecing anything to it and customising it? I'm not sure if updating all s/w is part of the PDI checks.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I am finally expecting delivery of my MME early next month. Would you recomend that I push TrustFord who are doing the PDI to update all the modules before I get it and do a master reset before I start connecing anything to it and customising it? I'm not sure if updating all s/w is part of the PDI checks.
I would expect the car with latest updates installed.
Sponsored