Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
BP Pulse have announced some price increases today effective 1st December.

For full details check out my post in the UK Charging Wiki.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
If any of you take your car into your dealer for anything and they say that there is an update (to sync) available ask them not to download it. I had it done on Monday any I have had nothing but issues since. My centre screen won't change from light to dark although the button in settings is set to dark mode. This morning I got into the car and I can't set my profile to the default profile. Car will only accept guest, although I haven't set this up. My OPD reset to off causing my car to move as soon as I put it in reverse and let the foot brake off nearly backing into garage door.
Ford obviously aren't testing these updates before they release them into the world. Makes you wonder what will happen when you are driving down the road.
That is shocking if overnight OPD turned itself off. Bordering on criminal incompetence if that is due to an introduced software bug.

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
So, I've had extended drives of both the Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 and also Polestar 2 (people at work have these and we have used each others cars for 24 hours as a comparison for our Fleet Team). I think the Mach-E looks the best but feedback from the others on the drive experience was bad, particularly the bounce. Having driven the others, I agree that the Mach-E (which I've now clocked up 13500 miles in) is by far the worse as far as bounce/drive.

The Ioniq has everything on it Tech wise but I just don't like the look.
The Polestar 2 is quick...very quick, basic inside and looks like a lego Mondeo.
The Ev6 looks fantastic, is quick, has all the tech and drives brilliantly (wish I'd have waited for this now)
...but I still love the Mach-E, apart from the ride, which I have come to just accept but now I've driven the others I can't help but feel that Ford have got to sort it out.
I drove all but the EV6 and happy with the choice. I like the ride now, but it took a while to get used to. Didn't find the Polestar as quick and also didn't like the feel or look of the Ionic.

I liked the adjustable regeneration on the Ionic (same tech on EV6, just different presentation), and good and bad bits on each.

Not sure I'd swap now, as ha e got used to it now and dont need more speed or to be able to tow.

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Any recommendations for good dash cams ?
My Blackview 750S dual camera setup seem to be working well in the Mach E after the initial problems getting a 12v charge to power the parking mode and losing DAB signal (latter was result of the rear cable being cut by prior installation into my Jag F-Pace but replacement cable perfect). I was also worried that the rear camera would fall into the dirty space outside the upper reach of the short windscreen wiper, but picture remain clear enough

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I do love the random things the Ford web dashboard throws at you sometimes ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 9FADF523-4B35-462E-AC71-57093563E11A

JStepha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
If any of you take your car into your dealer for anything and they say that there is an update (to sync) available ask them not to download it. I had it done on Monday any I have had nothing but issues since. My centre screen won't change from light to dark although the button in settings is set to dark mode. This morning I got into the car and I can't set my profile to the default profile. Car will only accept guest, although I haven't set this up. My OPD reset to off causing my car to move as soon as I put it in reverse and let the foot brake off nearly backing into garage door.
Ford obviously aren't testing these updates before they release them into the world. Makes you wonder what will happen when you are driving down the road.
Just got mine back from the dealer. Sync updated, but still on power up 1.6.0. Sync seems more stable for me and has fixed a few bugs I had (no DAB stations on alphabetical search and drive modes not available). Also has given me tic tac toe and turn by turn on Apple CarPlay.

Still need a new windscreen though as part of the heated element doesn’t work, but the screen is on back order and they will probably wait for the recall instructions, 2 birds 1 stone and all.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Is it a culture thing ? We seem to gripe less about the software than our US cousins …

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Think its because (for me anyway) we are getting software hand me downs. Kind of happy to get any updates as it stands. We haven't had all the features they have had in the US (Paak related).
I have quite a few software issues but have left it to see if it gets resolved in any updates.
Sponsored