Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Just to clear up any confusion, did you say in a previous post that it was Dec 2019? Slip of the keyboard and all that :):)
You know what - half the time I can't even remember my own name - let alone what year we are in ?

Just for the sake of correctness - my car was built on 9th December 2020 (Job 1). I pre-ordered the car in December 2019 - which is what I often get confused about.

I obviously need a disco nap - I've located and amended the incorrect post. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Disco nap complete - and so is Power-Up 2.1.0 ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers C5CD34A3-0E03-41D2-A01C-E93599E8D2EE

Last edited:

kaslerp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD WHITE
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
****Note - For those totally happy with their car who donā€™t want a Mustang key and electric opening Frunk ignore this post. *****

If your still reading I assume, like me, that you would like a Mustang key (with a button to open the Frunk) and an electronic opening Frunk.

If this is the case, and in a last ditch effort to get this sorted, I have a plan.

Iā€™m happy to put together some form of wording in a letter to send, en masse, to Lisa Brankin (MD Ford UK) and email to the Online sales Team.

I feel if we all email / post it at a certain time this might have the most impact?

If they donā€™t listen then I fear we will get nowhere.

I donā€™t want to keep raising negative issues about this absolutely amazing car and these are the main two issues Iā€™m still concerned about.

Just to explain:

Electric Opening Frunk - This is top of my wish list as it is a pain having to open the passengers side and pulling the lever when the technology is there to make it much easier.

Mustang Key - Not too bothered about the Ford key itā€™s just that the Mustang key has the extra button to open the Frunk. Oh, and it irritates me that we are the only country in the World not to get one!

PAAK - I did want this, however, it is having so many problems in the US that I feel, on balance, it is probably more hassle than itā€™s worth.

If you ā€˜Likeā€™ the post so I can see numbers of interested people I will update as we go along.
I suggest we compile a long numbered list and then rank them in terms of priority. Is there a facility to create a voting page on this Forum?

olliekav

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD EXT
Occupation
Web Developer
Country flag
While we sit here still on 1.6 ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
While we sit here still on 1.6 ?
It may just come down to how new your vehicle is. If you look at your VIN number and the first digit after the MMA bit is a ā€0ā€ then youā€™re more likely to get the OTAā€™s first as the older cars potentially have older software that needs more updates. Those with a ā€œ1ā€ or a ā€œ2ā€ may already have the newer versions of software installed at the factory that donā€™t require updating at the moment.

This can also happen if you take your car to the dealership. Sometimes they update modules while itā€™s in having work done, which then negates the need for the OTA to be delivered to your car.

Finally the OTAā€™s are done in batches rather than to all cars at the same time, so it may well be on itā€™s way soon. Appreciate though that itā€™s not easy seeing others getting something that you are not. FOMO is real.

TonyA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Country flag
is this something that I need to be concerned with
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 20220128_113753

olliekav

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD EXT
Occupation
Web Developer
Country flag
Fomo is strong when it comes to OTA!
FOMO is definitely real ?. Just some clarity from Ford on what they are doing with OTAs would be helpful, communication is a mess. Will see if I can convince the dealer to do it on Monday when it goes in for recall.

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
is this something that I need to be concerned with
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 20220128_113753
Do your brakes stick on if left overnight? There was a TSB (TSB 21-2206) but when I took mine to the dealer for that problem they told me the TSB had been cancelled - maybe it only applies in the US even though a few UK are reporting the same problem.

TonyA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Country flag
Do your brakes stick on if left overnight? There was a TSB (TSB 21-2206) but when I took mine to the dealer for that problem they told me the TSB had been cancelled - maybe it only applies in the US even though a few UK are reporting the same problem.
yes, as I set off in the morning there is bang as the brakes release

g8mb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Update done, It went pretty smoothly today.
Timeline of update

• Details: OTAM_S1004
  • DateTime: 2022-01-28T12:34:29.256+0000
  • Details: OTAM_S1023
  • DateTime: 2022-01-28T13:18:26.475+0000
  • Details: OTAM_S1010
  • DateTime: 2022-01-28T15:53:49.355+0000

6D8FC75D-608A-4457-A2E8-7C56020B82B7.jpeg