Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Site Manager
Country flag
Has anyone else had issues with preferred charge times?
My car had the Windscreen Replaced and HV Welding software done last week.
Ever since then the preferred charge times are having no influence on when it stops charging. It just carries on charging past the set time.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
The only thing I care about with the key is getting a button that lets you open the frunk, and as my job 1 car can't even do that from the screen at the moment, it's kind of a moot point.

Just got my MME back from the garage again and it's now had the HVBJB replaced to correct the error that came up when we were driving down to Cornwall the other weekend. Glad that's done because it now means that hopefully that's all of the known issues experienced and out of the way. List of things mine has had done:

First visit:
  • Software update to clear blocked OTA update
  • Removed/readhered panoramic roof
Second visit
  • Replaced windscreen
  • Replaced offside half axle to attempt to correct CV joint clicking
Third visit
  • Replaced nearside half axle to actually fully correct CV joint clicking
  • Software update to prevent car stranding itself when the HVBJB overheats
  • Replaced leaking offside rear shock absorber
Fourth visit
  • Actual replacement of the HVBJB
The third and fourth visits were literally within two weeks of each other, only separated because we were in Cornwall for a week! In total the car's been off the road for between 5 and 6 weeks of the 11 months that I've had it. Definitely going to be writing to @Ford Motor Company to discuss what they want to compensate me with. They've still never offered the option of paying me for the fuel I had to put into the ICE cars that were what I was given whilst it was in the garage, so that's really starting to add up compared to the cost those journeys would have been in the MME.
The Ford dealer should claim back your petrol from Ford if you have receipts.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Interesting that today FordPass asked me to login with my Ford account and the service intervals are now every 2 years with no mileage stated with checks specifically tailored to the Mach E. No more mentions of timing belts and clutches etc. :) Noticed the App version was 4.18.0.

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone else had issues with preferred charge times?
My car had the Windscreen Replaced and HV Welding software done last week.
Ever since then the preferred charge times are having no influence on when it stops charging. It just carries on charging past the set time.
A couple have had issue with it, best thing is to delete the location and set it up again.

PuTMaN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Site Manager
Country flag
A couple have had issue with it, best thing is to delete the location and set it up again.
The location has been setup from fresh.
When I got my car back from the recall works, there were no locations.
That’s the the thing. So I setup again.
I may give it another go though and see if third time lucky is the charm.
Luckily I have a Zappi dictating the charge times.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Weird coincidence today with FordPass notifications. Parked at a garden centre and there was a black MME about 3 spaces away. When we finished looking round at plants etc I pressed remote start for the A/C to come on. The start button on the phone began doing it's circular graphic and after a while a message popped up to say that this action was taking longer than normal. It was a good 4G signal by the way.( We found out later that the remote start did not activate.)

At the same time 2 SecuriAlert messages popped up in the phone notification area both at 12.51pm, one for Tailgate opened and 1 for passenger door has been opened. (We were still in the undercover area of the garden centre so could not see what was happening.) There was no corresponding alert in the FordPass message centre with the only activity being at 11.39 which was when we started out.

We went to the car it was locked and everything normal and unlocked fine. We did notice that the black MME had gone so wonder if somehow FordPass had got confused because 2 MME's were in close proximity and was giving me the black MME Securialerts and didn't remote start. If so, it's going to be one hell of a confusion when more MME's are on the road.

Any one else had this issue. I've put this in the UK thread as we haven't got PAAK etc so our FordPass is different from the U.S.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just had an update for my FP app (Android). Version 4.20.0. Not sure what happened to 4.19 as my version earlier this morning was 4.18. Don't know what the update has done though, can't see anything noticeably different.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just had an update for my FP app (Android). Version 4.20.0. Not sure what happened to 4.19 as my version earlier this morning was 4.18. Don't know what the update has done though, can't see anything noticeably different.
Same here. Hopefully fixed any bugs, whatever they may be.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi all,

I had this warning pop up yesterday for the offside rear tyre - then today for both rear tyres.

I checked them both with my tyre pressure guage and the pressures are corrrect (41psi) and agree with the pressure shown on the warning - so am very confused 🤔

Obviously, this is not "... one or more of the tyres is significantly underinflated ..." (to quote FordPass App).

Has anyone else had this, and/or has any thoughts on this? The car is over a year old now, with 8,000+ miles.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Tyre pressure monitor issue 1

I reset the Sync screen a couple of times, but no change.

I guess it is back to the dealer .......

Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks, David

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi all,

I had this warning pop up yesterday for the offside rear tyre - then today for both rear tyres.

I checked them both with my tyre pressure guage and the pressures are corrrect (41psi) and agree with the pressure shown on the warning - so am very confused 🤔

Obviously, this is not "... one or more of the tyres is significantly underinflated ..." (to quote FordPass App).

Has anyone else had this, and/or has any thoughts on this? The car is over a year old now, with 8,000+ miles.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Tyre pressure monitor issue 1

I reset the Sync screen a couple of times, but no change.

I guess it is back to the dealer .......

Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks, David
Have you tried resetting the tyre pressure monitoring system in the settings menu.?

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Have you tried resetting the tyre pressure monitoring system in the settings menu.?
Hi @portlandg

Genius 👏

I didn't realise that would re-set the TPMS - worked perfectly, and everything is fine again 👍

Very many thanks, and hope you enjoy the long weekend,
David

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi @portlandg

Genius 👏

I didn't realise that would re-set the TPMS - worked perfectly, and everything is fine again 👍

David
Hi @portlandg

Genius 👏

David
Glad to be of help. Pleased it worked. 👍

CHrisw4266

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD SR
Country flag
So looks like the software update recall didn't work for my mustang. Had charging system fault and unable to release charge cable today.
Ford assist talked me through the emergency release and I got the can home with multiple warning lights, spanner, SVS and red car with exclamation mark. Called dealer and it's booked in for later today, with a hire car request from Ford. However when I called Ford customer relations they were very unhelpful, was told by operator that as it was a lease car there's nothing they can do and a replacement car is not their responsibility, they even said they wouldn't talk to us any further about the car as we are not the owner.
Can't believe how rude this guy's was on the phone, I love the car but seriously this kind of customer care is appalling. @Ford Motor Company have a word with your staff.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So looks like the software update recall didn't work for my mustang. Had charging system fault and unable to release charge cable today.
Ford assist talked me through the emergency release and I got the can home with multiple warning lights, spanner, SVS and red car with exclamation mark. Called dealer and it's booked in for later today, with a hire car request from Ford. However when I called Ford customer relations they were very unhelpful, was told by operator that as it was a lease car there's nothing they can do and a replacement car is not their responsibility, they even said they wouldn't talk to us any further about the car as we are not the owner.
Can't believe how rude this guy's was on the phone, I love the car but seriously this kind of customer care is appalling. @Ford Motor Company have a word with your staff.
I think you will find that they are correct in saying that they can't deal with you as technically you are not the owner of the car. All to do with GDPR rules etc. Probably could have handled it a bit better. Your lease company should be the one to arrange a loaner. This is why most times you speak to the relationship team one of the first questions they ask is "is your name on the V5"

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
I think you will find that they are correct in saying that they can't deal with you as technically you are not the owner of the car. All to do with GDPR rules etc. Probably could have handled it a bit better. Your lease company should be the one to arrange a loaner. This is why most times you speak to the relationship team one of the first questions they ask is "is your name on the V5"
Ford were happy to deal with me even though mine is a lease vehicle. I did however show proof that I was the registered driver. In fact Ford have been extremely helpful thus far.
Sponsored