grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
What was that calculation used to estimae pre orders? 800 dealers are accepting preorders and then * that by the number estimated per site? Or was it 80 dealers?
My estimate a while ago was 60 Ford stores selling the MME with an average of 20 (mine said he had 12, @SJ_Okay says his has 26) = 1200. If production is 20per hour, 2 10 hour shifts per day 5 days a week = 1000 per week. Should be able to build ours in 2 weeks no problem. ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I really hope Ford will give us the option to upgrade to the GT.

IOFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
With ordering seemingly coming soon, does anyone know if adding colour to an ER still gets the ev grant. The updated finance calculator seems to ignore the extra colour cost for the grant, but it would be nice to have that confirmed.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
With ordering seemingly coming soon, does anyone know if adding colour to an ER still gets the ev grant. The updated finance calculator seems to ignore the extra colour cost for the grant, but it would be nice to have that confirmed.
Apparently paint option does not effect the grant. I'm sure someone on here posted the confirmation of this from Ford UK

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Apparently paint option does not effect the grant. I'm sure someone on here posted the confirmation of this from Ford UK
It's a question that comes up time and time again, and the answer is - the paint option is not counted and makes no difference to the grant eligibility.

Ford have changed the wordings on their site many many times and it's not immediately obvious - but here is the current wording.....

GOVERNMENT ELECTRIC CAR GRANTS
When you buy a Mustang Mach-E, a grant of up to Ā£3,000 is available through the government's electric car incentive scheme. This is applicable for vehicles priced below Ā£50,000

For company car drivers, all electric vehicles benefit from 0% benefit-in-kind tax liability.

Important Information:

Cars with a purchase price Ā£50,000 or more are excluded from this grant. The price definition considered for eligibility includes:

- VAT, including VAT reclaimable by a business
- Vehicle manufacturer or dealerā€™s mandatory extras including delivery charges or administration fees
- The battery cost (including where the battery is leased)
- Any non-standard option affecting the powertrain

and excludes:

- Any non-standard option fitted by the manufacturer or dealer which does not relate to the powertrain
- Modifications such as ā€˜police packsā€™, ambulance/fire engine modifications
- Modifications for disabled users
- Warranty/Insurance and service packages etc.
- First registration fee and cost of first vehicle excise duty (VED).
- Discounts

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It's a question that comes up time and time again, and the answer is - the paint option is not counted and makes no difference to the grant eligibility.

Ford have changed the wordings on their site many many times and it's not immediately obvious - but here is the current wording.....

GOVERNMENT ELECTRIC CAR GRANTS
When you buy a Mustang Mach-E, a grant of up to Ā£3,000 is available through the government's electric car incentive scheme. This is applicable for vehicles priced below Ā£50,000

For company car drivers, all electric vehicles benefit from 0% benefit-in-kind tax liability.

Important Information:

Cars with a purchase price Ā£50,000 or more are excluded from this grant. The price definition considered for eligibility includes:

- VAT, including VAT reclaimable by a business
- Vehicle manufacturer or dealerā€™s mandatory extras including delivery charges or administration fees
- The battery cost (including where the battery is leased)
- Any non-standard option affecting the powertrain

and excludes:

- Any non-standard option fitted by the manufacturer or dealer which does not relate to the powertrain
- Modifications such as ā€˜police packsā€™, ambulance/fire engine modifications
- Modifications for disabled users
- Warranty/Insurance and service packages etc.
- First registration fee and cost of first vehicle excise duty (VED).
- Discounts
Well done @Wonky_Donkey. I guessed you would have the written confirmation at hand

IOFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Thanks. Looks like I'll have to get red then.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a hundred times, so apologies in advance. Am i locked into the Colour I selected when I preordered, or can I still change that at Order stage without penalty?

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a hundred times, so apologies in advance. Am i locked into the order I selected when I preordered, or can I still change that at Order stage without penalty?
At this late stage I would be surprised if you made any substantial changes that you would keep your place in the queue. Paint change might be ok but anything major like model change I imagine you will be at the back of the queue. Best speak to your dealer or the MME concierge team

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
At this late stage I would be surprised if you made any substantial changes that you would keep your place in the queue. Paint change might be ok but anything major like model change I imagine you will be at the back of the queue. Best speak to your dealer or the MME concierge team
I should have been more specific, I'm referring to Colour change only