UK Customers

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
I know, we tried the other day and were getting 23 weeks, but tonight it says 14 weeks. I'll let you know what they say in the morning
So I had the same issue on the same colour and spec as you. Dealer couldn't help. Emailed Rebecca who couldn't help. Both suggested the only option to bag the earlier built car was to place a brand new order and pay a new deposit and then cancel the old order and try to get a refund.

I've now done this and am in the process of getting a refund for my first order deposit and going through the lease application again even though it was all approved for the first order. The Ford lease people could not transfer the lease application from one order to another even though they are idental cars going to the same dealer

Bit of a ballache but worth it to get the car a month earlier than first quoted. Although we will see when it actually turns up.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
All good positive comments in The Sun review except this

"Arrive in traffic and this car is tricky to drive smoothly, because of the brakes.

Not much happens when you first squeeze the pedal, so you shove a little harder and feel like you’ve driven into a mattress.

Still, the pedal is far more confidence-inspiring on the open road. Some urban-speed stiffness in the suspension eases off into a decently comfortable ride."

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
All good positive comments in The Sun review except this

"Arrive in traffic and this car is tricky to drive smoothly, because of the brakes.

Not much happens when you first squeeze the pedal, so you shove a little harder and feel like you’ve driven into a mattress.

Still, the pedal is far more confidence-inspiring on the open road. Some urban-speed stiffness in the suspension eases off into a decently comfortable ride."
That's why I'll be using one pedal mode most of the time

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Well, I must admit I am not surprised but am very disappointed. The Global EV Communications Manager for Ford Motor Company can't communicate. Should get a new job.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I must admit I am not surprised but am very disappointed. The Global EV Communications Manager for Ford Motor Company can't communicate. Should get a new job.
How long have you waited for a response?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
How long have you waited for a response?
Apparently she read my email at 0700 her time on Friday. Would have been nice to just receive a 'bare with me I'll look in to it'

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love the mail article, lots of good info.

The comments section is just full of hate and negativity.

"Generic, bland, and absolutely zero character. Not even trying.
"
Just bitter people who can't afford one?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Love the mail article, lots of good info.

The comments section is just full of hate and negativity.

"Generic, bland, and absolutely zero character. Not even trying.
"
Just bitter people who can't afford one?
I don't think its so much that people can't afford it. I think it's those that are dead against electric, don't like it being called a Mustang, Tesla owners and as is usual with the Mailonline those that just like to winge and moan because they can and are anonymous. In all the reports/reviews i have seen/read I can't say that there has been a bad one. Even Johnny Smith on the late brake show had good things to say. Did make me happy with my choice.(ER RWD). He said he thinks he would prefer the RWD. YIPPEE

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
In the words of the great Queen, another one bites the dust. Sorry to hear that you have jumped ship. Best wishes for the future. I have said it before and I will say it again, totally understand where you are coming from.
Ford will sell all they make for a good few years
Oh and before I go to snuggle into my straight jacket for the night ....

Someone earlier was asking about the window sticker link on the VIN tracker above, and as @portlandg rightly said it has now been disabled for UK vehicles. Do you want to see what a Export Only UK window sticker looks like?

I managed to snag mine off the site before they took it down. I've had to redact some info as it had my VIN splattered all over it.

Can I draw your attention to the caveat "Standard Equipment List May Not Apply Outside Continental US" before anyone gets upset that the info is slightly wrong in the "Standard Equipment" section, but is corrected in the "Optional Equipment" section below that.

This is for a UK 'Mach-E X' or 'RWD-ER' depending on how you prefer to refer to it.

UK windowsticker example.png
Interesting it say 115Kw DC charging but on the ER it should be 150Kw??? Thanks for sharing as I ordered the same model.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Interesting it say 115Kw DC charging but on the ER it should be 150Kw??? Thanks for sharing as I ordered the same model.
If you look a bit further down on the sheet it corrects itself to 150kw charging :)

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Hi all 1st time poster

I ordered my mme sept 2020

I changed to extended range in early January order on ford site says 20-23 weeks

Still says order processing and same when i put vin number into the calculator on this website and no build date.

Looked today can get a blue or silver 14-16 weeks but they are the 2 colours I don't want- have ordered black but would have changed to either white or red if it speeded up the process, unfortunately they are showing 24-26 weeks as of today.

TBH if I knew it was coming in June I would just sit back and relax, but looking through the forum I somehow doubt it will arrive by then.

Anyone think they are going to arrive in the country any time soon, must be really galling for those who's cars are already built and sitting there in Mexico

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have little faith in those 'weeks' the order site tells you.

I suspect you will be done in the next batch of black rwd ER and my theory that will be early March.

Did your dealer give you any dates?

Did you confirm your order with the dealer and do a credit application?

Where did you get the VIN number?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I have little faith in those 'weeks' the order site tells you.
I'm starting to have little faith in any dates at the moment. If they are not shipped within the next two weeks I'm afraid I will have to seriously consider my position.
Sponsored