Talbritt2199

First Name
Terin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang mach e gt performance edition
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone has a fix/or been experiencing the same problem as what i'm coming across. I have a MME GT Extended Performance and had no problems with it since i took delivery back in May. I recently received notice of the recall and it wouldn't let me do a Software update over the air so i took it into the dealership for the update. Got it back and it seemed like everything was working fine, until a couple days ago. The other day i was driving and at a stop I turned on Unbridled Extend and i got a yellow alert saying service soon. Previous to the update I had used unbridled extend numerous times without incident. Once i got to my location i looked up the manual to verify no scheduled maintenance or anything like that. After turning off the car the alert cleared, I looked at my Fordpass App and it logged the alert as a powertrain malfunction/reduced power and said to contact the dealer. I have an appointment for next week but the alert is gone at the moment. I've managed to replicate it a few times and seems to only occur when i turn on unbridled extended. Recently unbridled extend is greyed out and i can't turn it on, unless I switch modes from unbridled to engage and then back. And about half the time it will trigger another service soon alert and other times it will work fine. Then today while driving i received an over the air update, however nothing showed what the update fixed or did. At first unbridled extend worked fine and then about the third time of testing it I got the service soon alert and it greyed out.
Anyone else have this happen before or any idea what might be causing it?
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I did Unbridled Extend in the drive thru at Panera, I got the same malfunction message. I couldn't put it back into Unbridled, until I got my order, then shut the car down and restart and all was well. Someone on the forum ran a diagnostic and no code was set. No driving issues haven't seen it since.

Screenshot_2022-08-04-09-59-04-69_f85a9dcae275ee1e0920d804e6924647.jpg

OP
OP

Talbritt2199

First Name
Terin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried using unbridled extend again since then?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It seems OPs vehicle has a P061A code that popped up the first time the MIL turned on. This I think was supposed to be fixed in software update....Sounds like another software bug if others are getting the same thing.

My unbridled extend works fine post recall updates though. I even took the car to the track post recall updates and had 0 problems....well except it being a 5000lb SUV lol.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I just encountered this tonight at Daytona International Speedway. I turned on Unbridled Extend for the first time just before I entered the track (open lap). I never made it into the track and decided to bail because I've never seen this error before. So this is a software bug and not a HV junction box issue (whew!)?

I was able to drive home 45 miles from Daytona to north Orlando and I used CarScanner Pro to check for errors:

P061A(00)
Raw code: 061A00
ECU: Engine control unit
Status: Test failed, Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Warning indicator requested
OBDII: Engine control module (ECM), engine torque - performance problem

My GTPE is from the 4/18 build week which I think one poster above is from also?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unbridled extend and service error Photo Aug 04, 7 38 08 PM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unbridled extend and service error Photo Aug 04, 8 04 45 PM

OP
OP

Talbritt2199

First Name
Terin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have an appointment Monday at my dealership and hope they won’t have the car long. I’ve had a few other weird bugs since the recall update. I’ve had a pre collision alert twice now when the vehicle ahead of me and wasn’t even close. My forward sensor now looks more like a radio wave rather than the solid lines and it’s only like that sometimes.
did you get the recall update?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have an appointment Monday at my dealership and hope they won’t have the car long. I’ve had a few other weird bugs since the recall update. I’ve had a pre collision alert twice now when the vehicle ahead of me and wasn’t even close. My forward sensor now looks more like a radio wave rather than the solid lines and it’s only like that sometimes.
did you get the recall update?
Yes. My car was built 4/20 but shipped 6/15 and had the recall fix applied mid-July before I took delivery.

I was concerned this as a HVBJB issue because I drove 45 miles at 80mph then DC charged 27 kWh and proceeded to head to a track where I turned on Unbridled Extend for the first time (never made it ON the actual track though!). Seems like a software bug?

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I was just driving in Unbridled. Came to a stop light. Turned on Unbridled Extend because I want to see what the IC display looked like in that mode. Never used Unbridled Extend before tonight. As soon as I did, the Service Vehicle Soon message came up. I got the safety recall update on July 15.

After turtle mode enabled, I moved to Whisper mode.

After I got home, I backed into the garage and turned the car off for about 30 seconds to a minute. Codes P061A(00) and U2108(68) are gone. I took it for another drive and tried to replicate the codes. The same approach didn’t trigger the codes this time.

OP
OP

Talbritt2199

First Name
Terin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That sounds a lot like what I have going on. My unbridled extend is now currently greyed out and will not come back. My service alert cleared awhile ago though.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I never got turtle mode. I did not hit OK and left the Service Vehicle Soon message up on my butt clenching 45 mile drive home at a consistent 65mph. I had no idea it was only a software bug. I thought I triggered some HVBJB failure because I DC fast charged an hour before and also had been driving 80mph plus for 30minutes before that.

OP
OP

Talbritt2199

First Name
Terin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It sounds like a bug, still taking it to the dealership on Monday though to see what they say and make sure ford is aware. I hope they don’t insist on keeping it for awhile.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
It seems OPs vehicle has a P061A code that popped up the first time the MIL turned on. This I think was supposed to be fixed in software update....Sounds like another software bug if others are getting the same thing.

My unbridled extend works fine post recall updates though. I even took the car to the track post recall updates and had 0 problems....well except it being a 5000lb SUV lol.
How does it do around the track? Do you lose a lot of tread?

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
After driving for an errand and parking for an hour, I turned the car back on selected Unbridled Extend again, and the SVS returned. Cruise Control won’t engage either because of these codes. Codes appear to be sticking around based on the new screenshot showing it “failed since last clear”

lefortpf

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Occupation
Media
Country flag
Based on my chats with the Service Mgr @ one of the largest Dealers here in SoCal, the OTA updates alone will not complete the HVBJB recall. After a number of updates, he still recco’s that I bring it in to ensure all the recall updates have been completed. Planning to do that next week. Tomorrow, I have track time scheduled. Will be my 1st time engaging Unbridled or Extend since the OTA updates began. 🤞
Sponsored