Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The ponys are waiting outside the factory!

Screenshot_20201016-215621_Instagram.jpg
Good news: They’re stacking up!
Bad news: that’s slower than I thought. May have to adjust the spreadsheet down a bit.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
As reference, I measure C-Max at 23 inch (58.5 cm)
All I care about is distance from seat to cabin floor. (For me, the bigger the better.) Unfortunately, there just isn't enough information in the picture to get that. I hope that the distance from seat-tip to cabin floor is more than or comparable to CMax.

* In terms of ground to seat tip, Mach E is 1.5 inch more than CMax.
* Mach E and CMax has the same ground clearance (5.7 inch vs 5.5 inch).
* That's 1.5 inch height for the in-floor battery to take up. Hopefully, that's enough. And if it's not enough, I guess I can tolerate 1 or 2 inches smaller than the CMax.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Once I saw that they were driving them, it really didn't make sense to me. They could knock out Phoenix, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, Louisville, Indianapolis, Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NYC, Boston, NE, DC, Charlotte, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, and then head home.

South Florida?????? Population - 9.35 million

Sneak it in between Atlanta and New Orleans............

:cool:

Jim

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Batteries ok not plugged in?
Lithium from what I've seen hold a charge. Not sure the draw; looks like they may need to keep them cool there; it would be heated up here right now :(. Good to see the progress; 287 that is a pretty exact number, how many before me?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All I care about is distance from seat to cabin floor. (For me, the bigger the better.) Unfortunately, there just isn't enough information in the picture to get that. I hope that the distance from seat-tip to cabin floor is more than or comparable to CMax.

* In terms of ground to seat tip, Mach E is 1.5 inch more than CMax.
* Mach E and CMax has the same ground clearance (5.7 inch vs 5.5 inch).
* That's 1.5 inch height for the in-floor battery to take up. Hopefully, that's enough. And if it's not enough, I guess I can tolerate 1 or 2 inches smaller than the CMax.
FWIW, the batteries are 150mm (5.9") tall. I think they stand upright. I'd guess that makes the battery pack maybe ~7" tall with the pack structure?

https://www.designnews.com/automotive/revealing-ford-mustang-mach-es-recipe-success

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Big update from Mexico. The frunk now can be ordered as a grille. Only a 19.99 option. and if you update your order within the next 3 days you also get a can of flex seal.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1602890472706
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1602890472706
Not real right..;)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I'm just saying my dealer says his FCTP car isn't being built until November.

I hope my FE comes soon, I'm just not as optimistic.
Forgive me if I am repeating a comment that I haven't yet read yet.....
But I would like to see what your dealer sees. It is possible, they are seeing the OKTB as build date because the net effect is the same. I think there are other comments from others on here where their dealer is saying build date is 11/23. Just seems like a coincidence to me....???

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Forgive me if I am repeating a comment that I haven't yet read yet.....
But I would like to see what your dealer sees. It is possible, they are seeing the OKTB as build date because the net effect is the same. I think there are other comments from others on here where their dealer is saying build date is 11/23. Just seems like a coincidence to me....???
He said he saw "Scheduled To Day" and the date being in November. We'll see I guess.
Sponsored